The Richest Lead Singers in the World

Snowmass

Axl is richer than Slash.

yes, and poor Axl can't afford a new album

<_<

Both Slash and Axl recieve money from GN'R material.

While Axl recieves money from the not so well recieved Chinese Democracy, Slash has released way more albums, and appeared on various other artists songs, including Rihanna. Then there's Guitar Hero - that shifted loads!!! ..and Slash released a book. Slash appears to done a whole lot more than Axl. Then there's all Axl's hangers on (the management and their family - that must be costing Axl a packet).

..and Slash the action figure.

Edited by vaida

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<_<

While Axl recieves money from the not so well recieved Chinese Democracy, Slash has released way more albums, and appeared on various other artists songs, including Rihanna. Then there's Guitar Hero - that shifted loads!!! ..and Slash released a book. Slash appears to done a whole lot more than Axl. Then there's all Axl's hangers on (the management and their family - that must be costing Axl a packet).

Yeah, if you think about it, the proceeds from Chinese Democracy (ie. the Best Buy deal) likely went to pay off Axl's enormous studio/label tab - unless he used some of the $19 million from selling his publishing rights to cover it. Contraband sold more in the states, had far more success on the airwaves (meaning more royalties), and was toured for far cheaper (sets weren't as elaborate, crew and entourage not as big, etc.). Based on how ASCAP breaks down royalties from the back catalogue, it seems like the band splits the money evenly. I just don't see how Axl is worth more than Slash considering they likely split the royalties from the back catalogue and Slash has done far more lucrative stuff since the breakup of GNR back in 93/96.

<_<

Slash has done more in product placement, Axl's has been more subtle.

<_<

Yeah, if you think about it, the proceeds from Chinese Democracy (ie. the Best Buy deal) likely went to pay off Axl's enormous studio/label tab - unless he used some of the $19 million from selling his publishing rights to cover it. Contraband sold more in the states, had far more success on the airwaves (meaning more royalties), and was toured for far cheaper (sets weren't as elaborate, crew and entourage not as big, etc.). Based on how ASCAP breaks down royalties from the back catalogue, it seems like the band splits the money evenly. I just don't see how Axl is worth more than Slash considering they likely split the royalties from the back catalogue and Slash has done far more lucrative stuff since the breakup of GNR back in 93/96.

Unless this was changed, there's a specific formula GNR used in how royalties are distributed with a specific percentage allocated to each part of making a song.

<_<

So basically what you're saying is, Slash is a sellout??

Fair enough, I concur. I mean seriously, Rihanna?? ahahahaha...she's gettin her ass beat by chris brown now probably lmao

<_<

So basically what you're saying is, Slash is a sellout??

Fair enough, I concur. I mean seriously, Rihanna?? ahahahaha...she's gettin her ass beat by chris brown now probably lmao

Only on this forum are working musicians viewed as sell outs. Slash loves to play music.....so in your view, he should only play with one certain type of other musicians? Or maybe dissapear for years and only put out one album every 20 years. Then he would have your respect?

There is no way Axl is worth close to a 150 million. More than Robert Plant? Does anyone here beleive that>

They're guesstimating. Robert Plant's toured over 42 years, co-wrote the songs, gets a piece of Led Zep t-shirt money. When someone goes "I don't NEED to reunite Led Zeppelin", they're really wealthy. He had a divorce which I'm sure cost him, but that was a really long time ago. Page doesn't really work much, and we don't know how much he spent, even though he's a notorious miser. Plant was going to school for accounting when he joined the band, and may have been much better with money.

I think Plant had a working farm (which prob. helped when others were becoming tax exiles), still might. I don't think they had farms just to have something to do on their off time. That's why some celebs have ranches, read up on Bon Jovi's bees. Whatever he gets as a VP of a soccer team, prob. isn't that much but it's something, but it gives him a say in how the team's doing, and not just bitching on the sidelines. He could do what Jack Nicholson WISHES he could do at a Lakers game, plus now he gets paid to go to the games.

I think Page and Plant made some publishing deal in the 80s for big money, too. That came up when someone was writing about LZ getting sued for plagiarism.

They both do a lot of charity work, sometimes you hear about it, sometimes you don't, and gave Bob Geldof proceeds from the Unplugged DVD just so their crap Live Aid performance wasn't included on the Live Aid DVD. But it's def. out there on You Tube.

In order to get the tax writeoffs, and not saying that's WHY they do it, but it prob. doesn't hurt in paying out in taxes.

Axl could be worth half a billion for all we know, but Plant, like Axl, likes hiring the best musicians possible, so I think they're both spending a sizable amount on musicians. I don't think either one "cheaps out".

Slash must be worth more than $32 million?? I dont get why there is such a large differance fetween them both.

I would like to know how this site supposedly gets its figures? I mean this isn't the Forbes 400 or whatever, seems like they just make shit up. I think when I looked a while back they had Axl at $200 million...so he just lost $50 million w/ no explanation?

Not to mention the disparity between him and Slash can't be correct. They both made essentially the same from GNR in its prime and have the same share of ownership of the material to this day. Sure Axl owns the name but all that lets him do is tour under it and its not like his sporadic tours the last decade have been that successful especially considering his overhead w/ all his hanger ons and his lifestyle. On the other hand Slash has been making music, starting VR, his solo band and touring the last 15 years..So i'm really seeing no way to explain the huge difference....Unless I missed some huge investment in Apple when it was $20 a share or something.

Axl and Slash are multi millionaires, I would guess Ashba probably has six figures in his bank account but he's never had a fraction of the success as the other two you mentioned.

DJ Ashba's definetly coming up there, he's starting to whore more products than Billy Mays.

But is anyone really buying it? I'm not sure if Ashba Swag is more popular in other places but in the UK I've never seen it or heard about it other than people mentioning it here.