Axl Rose on Jimmy Kimmel talk show Discussion Thread

ppruks

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no point bringing another member from Guns to the interview. Axl would get all the focus anyway (That metal show). Axl hasn't done this kind of interview in 20 years, obviously the show is gonna be all about him.

I'm excited about this. I find it interesting however that those who called Slash a media whore in the past and said they were glad Axl didn't do the talk circuit are applauding this appearance.

Agreed. I am excited as well, but It goes to show the double standard by certain members.

I'm excited about this. I find it interesting however that those who called Slash a media whore in the past and said they were glad Axl didn't do the talk circuit are applauding this appearance.

Agreed. I am excited as well, but It goes to show the double standard by certain members.

I LOVE Slash but it's hardly a fair comparison, please!!

X1 live show in 20 years :tongue2:

The 'media whore' title (which I don't entirely agree with) doesn't stem just from late night appearances. It comes from him being in video games, wearing a bedazzled top hat with the Black Eyed Peas at the Super Bowl, playing with T-Pain at an awards show, etc. At times, he appears to be a parody of himself. He is a businessman just as much as he is a musician.

Axl almost seemingly has no monetary ambitions (besides touring). There was no promotion behind Chinese Democracy, so we as fans are happy to see him take some sort of initiative.

The 'media whore' title (which I don't entirely agree with) doesn't stem just from late night appearances. It comes from him being in video games, wearing a bedazzled top hat with the Black Eyed Peas at the Super Bowl, playing with T-Pain at an awards show, etc. At times, he appears to be a parody of himself. He is a businessman just as much as he is a musician.

Axl almost seemingly has no monetary ambitions (besides touring). There was no promotion behind Chinese Democracy, so we as fans are happy to see him take some sort of initiative.

This makes me WISH Axl would have been on Kimmel four years ago to talk about Chinese.

I respect Axl. He does whatever HE wants to do when HE wants to do it, nothing more - for no one. No one owns him, he is just a musician.

Slash on the other hand plays with Black Eyed Peas, Fergie, Puff Daddy etc. Released a book, does every kinds of interviews. He's trying too hard IMO. I expect Slash to release a Slash perfume and a clothing line when he's done with his new band. Then, when he needs more attention he will get Velvet Revolver back together. Of course, he will be talking about Guns N' Roses and/or Axl in between all of these things to get more media attention.

I respect Axl. He does whatever HE wants to do when HE wants to do it, nothing more - for no one. No one owns him, he is just a musician.

Slash on the other hand plays with Black Eyed Peas, Fergie, Puff Daddy etc. Released a book, does every kinds of interviews. He's trying too hard IMO. I expect Slash to release a Slash perfume and a clothing line when he's done with his new band. Then, when he needs more attention he will get Velvet Revolver back together. Of course, he will be talking about Guns N' Roses and/or Axl in between all of these things to get more media attention.

In the bigger picture, Slash isn't a big selling act. He doesn't fill arena's of 12,000+. When he tours he tours relatively small venues, in many ways he's struggling compared to Axl. So, he needs all the attention he can get........

Axl doesn't even tweet and he can sell out a tour and headline festivals.

In the bigger picture, Slash isn't a big selling act. He doesn't fill arena's of 12,000+. When he tours he tours relatively small venues, in many ways he's struggling compared to Axl. So, he needs all the attention he can get........

Exactly. Glad to see someone else has the brain to understand this simple fact.

He didn't play at the Super Bowl because he just loves to jam with Black Eyed Peas.......

Axl doesn't need this crap. And even if he did, I doubt he would do this. This is why I respect Axl more than for instance Slash.

Edited by Jeez

And Slash does what he wants too. He gets asked to do his guest appearances and he's cool enough to accept, why do you think there's always a monetary incentive? He said he performed with Jamie Foxx and T-Pain because Jamie called him and he didn't want to say no -- it was Jamie (the actor).

Trying too hard for what dude? I remember you Axl did DJ Smith voice in GTA San Andreas. I guess, that's not selling out? So Activision gets Slash to feature one of his games and Slash is being pathetic, but in the other hand, Axl is not pathetic for being a virtual radio host in a virtual game? :lol: He's actually a hero and you probably love GTA right? :rolleyes:

Axl has the Guns N' Roses name and Axl has never sold out a "tour" just some "shows", I saw the numbers for the 2009-2012 Tour provided by Billboard Boxscore and they're not really great (considering Axl Rose has the name). So, apples and oranges.

And Slash does what he wants too. He gets asked to do his guest appearances and he's cool enough to accept, why do you think there's always a monetary incentive? He said he performed with Jamie Foxx and T-Pain because Jamie called him and he didn't want to say no -- it was Jamie (the actor).

Trying too hard for what dude? I remember you Axl did DJ Smith voice in GTA San Andreas. I guess, that's not selling out? So Activision gets Slash to feature one of his games and Slash is being pathetic, but in the other hand, Axl is not pathetic for being a virtual radio host in a virtual game? :lol: He's actually a hero and you probably love GTA right? :rolleyes:

He's gonna blow!

Axl has the Guns N' Roses name and Axl has never sold out a "tour" just some "shows", I saw the numbers for the 2009-2012 Tour provided by Billboard Boxscore and they're not really great (considering Axl Rose has the name). So, apples and oranges.

EVERY UK show in 2010 sold out.

Great news, it'll be a nice for a change to see Axl on a live show. It's a pity though if he doesnt play a CD track with the band as he's there anyway.

Yeah man, great news. I would indeed like to see them play a song...why the fuck not? Give the audience and viewers a taste of what's to come.

Once again, you think Slash played at the Super Bowl because he likes playing Sweet Child O'Mine in a glitter decorated hat to Black Eyed Peas' night club techno dance rythms? You think Slash would be posing for Guitar Hero if he didn't need the promotion? Wake up dude.

I had a feeling someone would mention GTA. How much promotion was there around Axl doing a radio voice in GTA? Was Axl posing on the cover of the game? Did he do tons of interviews about it, where he claims GTA is such an awesome game and everyone just has to buy it?

Nice try though.

Edited by Jeez

And those shows belong to the European leg of the tour. I didn't say he has not been able to sold out shows, just not a tour. ;)

And those shows belong to the European leg of the tour. I didn't say he has not been able to sold out shows, just not a tour. ;)

The T-shirt I have says "UK tour", so I guess you don't know what you're talking about (as usual).

Once again, you think Slash played at the Super Bowl because he likes playing Sweet Child O'Mine in a glitter decorated hat to Black Eyed Peas' night club techno dance rythms? You think Slash would be posing for Guitar Hero if he didn't need the promotion? Wake up dude.

And where am I saying that Slash did no wrong? There are plenty of things I could criticize Slash for, like the crap version of Paradise City but you're criticizing him for things you shouldn't have to.

I had a feeling someone would mention GTA. How much promotion was there around Axl doing a radio voice in GTA? Was Axl posing on the cover of the game? Did he do tons of interviews about it, where he claims GTA is such an awesome game and everyone just has to buy it?

Nice try though.

Why would they promote something that is not the highlight of the game? :lol: The fact is, Axl did it, and it doesn't matter how much exposure it had. He was in the game, doing something which it wasn't Gn'R related and yep, I think he got paid for doing it. Do you even know why you call someone a media whore? :lol: Check out your facts and come back.

The T-shirt I have says "UK tour", so I guess you don't know what you're talking about (as usual).

And? Those shows belong to the European leg of the tour and are reported by AEG Live as so. Period.

Unlike you though, most be are able to look at situations and events with logic, common sense and without Axl bias.

Look how ridiculous your statement is.

You respect Axl for choosing to do what he wants to do in life. But you don't respect Slash for doing what he wants with his life and career.

Because Axl is his own master. And some mysterious force is controlling Slash and forcing him to do things he doesn't want to do?

Slash is a musician. And he enjoys playing music with a wide variety of people. That removes him from your list of people you respect? Weird.

Your statement is extremely flawed and makes no sense. What you meant to say is that you respect Axl in everything he does. And you don't like Slash.

No offensive, but most people on here don't take your posts seriously. All you do is praise Axl's every move, no matter what it is. If in 2013 Axl went out in public more, attended more events, did the talk show circuit, performed with other famous musicians (aka followed Slash's fan friendly lead) I would bet money that you wouldn't be on here complaining about it.

"I lost the respect I had for Axl. He is trying to hard now to be in the public eye. He isn't doing what HE wants to do."

There is no way in a million years you would apply the same standard to Axl that you do to Slash.

But like I said. Luckily the majority of people in the world use logic and common sense when judging people's actions and aren't tied to an Axl bias on everything they do.