02 London Show stated for DVD Release

tsunta421

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this an official release?? No word from the band yet?

If so that is so great, I was waiting for the band to put out a new live DVD. If it comes out on Blu-ray it's even better.

Please be it an official release!

This isn't a science, but I always gauge whether something is official or not depending on if it's allowed to be discussed on htgth. It's being allowed, so I'm guessing it's official for now.

This is so stupid. All this DVD will do is promote the notion that Axl's voice is shot.

I doubt all of the audio will be " live."

I think it was confirmed in the other thread on the show that there were no overdubs. If there's any painfully obvious mistakes I'm sure those will be corrected, but as for Axl's vocals aside from a stronger mix they'll probably sound however they did at the show.

To be honest it's about time that Axl has agreed to release an official live DVD of the band, I think it may help a lot. For the past 9 or so years since I discovered Guns, I've walked into stores and in the DVD section there's always been the UYI set, Welcome To The Videos and a few crappy unofficial documentarys. It will be nice to see a new product promoting the NEW band for a change. Hope it comes out in Blue-Ray as well, can't wait to watch the intro and Chinese Democracy. I just hope this, as well as the interview is leading up to something, but for some reason I doubt the notion.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

I think 'limited edition' refers to the DVD itself and not some wider incentives accompanying the physical DVD. I don't even believe it will be an official release as such more a corporate release with GN'R's approval. No new music or anything, but perhaps some 'bonus footage' featuring pretty non-grounbreaking backstage insights/band Q&As?