Django Unchained, new Tarantino flick

JONEZY

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mean to shit on what a lot of people seem to like, but I feel like every movie Tarantino is responsible for is a rehash of something better from the past.

It's like he has a good grasp on what made the great films he chose to borrow from work, and then he basically rips off the best ideas and does his own little twist on them, yet it never feels original.

I don't like that approach very much tbh, so I'm not looking forward to see his next one.

Edited by Rovim

Im interested. Leo looks like he put in a performance. But i feel like this is the movie where he doesnt pull it off. Ive got a bad feeling. Jusr idea seems stale. It seems like there might not be enough humor. It seems like Kill bill, IGB and Django are cut from the same cloth.

Guest Len B'stard

It's sort of a tradition for me to see Tarantino films in the cinema, have done ever since Jackie Brown, only ones i didn't was Dogs and PF but thats cuz i wasn't old enough to get in for em. I don't hold him in anything like the high regard that i did as a kid but he still makes enjoyable movies. If you want me to get all film nerd on em and pick em to bits and explain how exceptional i think they're not i can do that, have done with our Wasted many-a time but end of the day, they're entertaining films, so they're not the second coming of Orson Welles on Big Macs, few are i suppose.

The original Django is a sight to behold though. Tarantinos robbed enough from that film already, without even making this movie as you'll probably notice if you watch Django but then Django was hardly a hugely original work anyway, extremely derivative and thats putting it gently.

Edited by sugaraylen

Guest Len B'stard

Fuckin' wankers! See, then they have a go at ya when you become a downloading motherfucker :lol: Ahh bollocks, whoose gonna fuckin' go on Christmas day anyway.

Guest Len B'stard

Weird cuz JB despite being the least immediately impressive is the one out of his first three that i can still watch although thats probably got something to do with how badly i shagged Dogs and Fiction (shagged dogs :lol:) to death, Dogs especially, i thought that was like, the fuckin' last word in style and slickness and cool when i was a lad :lol:

Guest Len B'stard

Why do i get the feeling a part of this is gonna be like, homage to Ni g ger Charley and Mandingo and movies like that? :lol: I'm not taking the piss either, he's quite a fan of both i believe.

Why do i get the feeling a part of this is gonna be like, homage to Ni g ger Charley and Mandingo and movies like that? :lol: I'm not taking the piss either, he's quite a fan of both i believe.

Thats part of the fun there will be references and not even other films. There will be a foot massage and some dumb joke. And character called Vinny Vegas.

Guest Len B'stard

The bit about Tarantino that cracks me up is when he gets on the sort of moral high horse about art and artistic rights and stuff like that, y'know, being true to like...God knows what when his whole schtick is like, homage to exploitative cinema, it kinda makes the whole like, the whole thing about y'know "slavery was harsh, it would be a disservice to those people that died if i didn't show it like it was and lemme tell ya, it was a lot harsher than this", all the while doffing his cap to like, Mandingo :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

4/5 stars. Saw it on Saturday. If you like Tarantino(I do), you will like this film. It is a long one, even I got a little bored at about 2:15 into it, but then BOOM, something happens and it picks up again. 2 great lines(no spoilers):

"You silver tounged bastard, you."

"D is silent hillbilly."

Happy New year everyone.