Eddie Trunk: "Attention GNR fans, Mark you calendars for 3/9 starting 8P ET on Vh1 Classic Video 6 pack hosted by me, full new concert, Axl TMS"

The Real McCoy

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if at some point Beta and Axl will decide to push the band in a forward direction in terms of what it important to GnR and its fans.

I'd guess that the large majority of fans would prefer a new album over the broadcasting of a show that happened over a decade ago.

The O2 didn't happen a decade ago....?

Maybe he thinks its from 2002 Edited by GNRSkidRow1

I wonder if at some point Beta and Axl will decide to push the band in a forward direction in terms of what it important to GnR and its fans.

I'd guess that the large majority of fans would prefer a new album over the broadcasting of a show that happened over a decade ago.

The O2 didn't happen a decade ago....?

Maybe he thinks its from 2002

Doubtful....

Wow! Awesome! We finally get to see a classic GNR show.

I'm sure that Eddie Trunk cleared it with Axl and his people before annoucing this. He's met Axl and knows that he has the last word in all things GNR.

This is very cool. Now if GNR will really release a dvd/cd/blue ray of the Vegas shows that would be great!

Next piece of good news would be, the band is entering the studio to put the final touches on their follow up album. ;)

Ah yeah the "final touches" line :)

I remember in I think it was 2004, Tommy said the album was done.

...As long as they start playing new songs live before it releases like they did with CD, it's a HUGE step foward ;)

Awful news.

lol

Your definition of 'awful news' is ludicrous. OK perhaps certain choices behind the production are questionable but an overall description of awful for progressive measures taken by camp GN'R? No.

You don't think it's awful that this show was filmed in HD and they're showing it on a network that only broadcasts in standard? Okay... :rolleyes:

No, that definitely does not equate to 'awful news'.

+1

Awful news would be it was cancelled.

It certainly isn't good news that we're getting another subpar product from GN'R...

Since it's VH1 classic it makes sense to show a vintage show of GNR. I'm glad because VH1 classics have shown many awesome vintage concerts from many top rock bands, and GNR should be included.

This is a big deal for GNR fans, since nothing new has been shown of GNR since Axl's two interviews last year. I think we should be happy for Axl releasing some GNR stuff and not complain that's it's old.

Would you complain and not want to see a vintage Queen or Led Zepplin concert because it's from the 70's? Hell no!

Dude I was at that Zepplin show and also David Bowie's Ziggy Stardust, so seeing them again like 40 years later is so damn cool!

Awful news.

lol

Your definition of 'awful news' is ludicrous. OK perhaps certain choices behind the production are questionable but an overall description of awful for progressive measures taken by camp GN'R? No.

You don't think it's awful that this show was filmed in HD and they're showing it on a network that only broadcasts in standard? Okay... :rolleyes:

+1

It certainly isn't good news that we're getting another subpar product from GN'R...

jesus christ, you have to be the most negative mod I have ever seen. How are you in charge of this place? I am not saying you have to like everything the band does but getting a live show out is certaintly positive. You are just too spoiled with HD these days. It will show up on palladia eventually, calm your panties. Quite frankly I would buy this concert if it were released only on VHS. I for one am glad we are finally getting a live show released after years of wanting one. The band is on a roll lately and people should be happy about that.

Awful news.

lol

+1

jesus christ, you have to be the most negative mod I have ever seen. How are you in charge of this place? I am not saying you have to like everything the band does but getting a live show out is certaintly positive. You are just too spoiled with HD these days. It will show up on palladia eventually, calm your panties. Quite frankly I would buy this concert if it were released only on VHS. I for one am glad we are finally getting a live show released after years of wanting one. The band is on a roll lately and people should be happy about that.

I agree.

By Eddietrunk.com

Guns N Roses fans don’t miss a big night of all GnR programming coming to VH1 Classic March 9th. Set your DVRs and mark the calendar. Kicks off 8P ET with a one hour all GnR video block hosted by me, then a full new GnR live show shot at the O2 arena in London last year, then a rebroadcast of the Axl Rose That Metal Show episode. It’s like 5 straight hours of all eras of GnR. Don’t miss it. Was cool to have been a part of it and host the broadcast.

Awful news.

lol

+1

Jesus, you act like mods aren't allowed to have an opinion. If you think I'm negative because I'm bitching about one fucking thing you should go read all of my other posts where I am normally praising the current band - then come back here and tell me how negative I am :rolleyes: There is nothing wrong with being upset that we're not getting the whole experience that can be offered from the source material. Filmed in HD, and surely optimized in at least 5.1 audio (Hell, maybe even 6.1 or 7.1) - and then to get a 480p broadcast with stereo 2.0 audio - it doesn't make any goddamn sense.

Quit being so melodramatic.

Cool news. So how was this show? I mean was it something special or great or...

Most noteworthy thing was Izzy doing 14 Years with them.

Awful news.

lol

+1

I agree.

I sure as shit don't.

What "roll"? Opening a Hilfiger store, playing 25 year old songs with an apathetic lead singer who doesn't practice? Get the fuck outta here.

We know it's coming on Palladia, it's just a matter of when. Until then, watch it on ghetto quality VH1 Classic and complain to Viacom. And there's going to be commercials, so I know there's going to be bitching about that, too. I'm also expecting songs to be cut out so it's a 2 hour concert for TV.

I am kind of surprised VH1 Classic isn't airing the Ritz concert if they're doing a big ass GNR block. I guess request for the programmers to throw it in there?

Where it belongs. That concert was horrible.

Awful news.

lol

+1

I agree.

I sure as shit don't.

What "roll"? Opening a Hilfiger store, playing 25 year old songs with an apathetic lead singer who doesn't practice? Get the fuck outta here.

I'd like to thank you guys for saving me breath. It's really appreciated.

How much more delusional can Axl make some people on this site? Seriously?