Guns N' Roses Live at the O2 in London Discussion Thread

Alpachiris

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks GG! ur right with potplayer, i downloaded the 64bit version and 1080p videos dont lag as much as VLC. There's not much difference between versions, the 1080 one is still pixelated, is better but not too much (im on a 1080p monitor). well, thanks again gg, that samples are useful for everyone! :D

For the average person I doubt downloading the 20gb is going to make much sense or difference really. It is a massive file and the quality is not much better. Plus the 720 is a complete with solos show :)

im downloading the 20gb one, gonna take a look and then i'll delete lol its just too much

its better but its subjective I suppose, for those with internet caps in place a 20gb download may not be a good idea lol

This sounds good to me. I'm up to 14 years. Axl sounds good. Not out of breath, not pitchy, not weak, just mostly clean. Band sounds great. A lot better than the Livestreamed UCAP shows. Somewhere in between 2002 and 2006, which I'm fine with. 14 Years is iffy, but that's on Izzy, not Axl. I actually really liked Better totally clean.

I don't hear him going out of key at all. Unless you have a different definition for pitchy than I do, I don't think he's pitchy at all. It's a good sounding show to me. Also, really enjoyed the Ohio/Another Brick in the Wall/Eminence Front jam with weird vocal samples.

Edited by Stro

Can someone do something (or is it possible) to enconde the 20gb version so it keeps the sound and image quality (sound is more important) but make it not more than 8gb? atleast make it look better than the 720p? 20gb is too much and there are 1080 videos that look good without being +10gb, less artifacts is better.

Can someone do something (or is it possible) to enconde the 20gb version so it keeps the sound and image quality (sound is more important) but make it not more than 8gb? atleast make it look better than the 720p? 20gb is too much and there are 1080 videos that look good without being +10gb, less artifacts is better.

soon is the word I think m8

soon is the word I think m8

maybe when palladia airs their version, many usa people will record it and enconde it differently, but i want it now lol

For everyone asking and wonder if is it worth to get the 1080i version. Lemme tell you: if you have enough HDD space and a FullHD TV GO AND GET IT!!! It's fucking marvelous! Video quality is beyond words, and the sound now is properly mixed with Stinson's bass and all guitars.

I'll be seeding that file just to help to everyone who wants to experience and live this awesome show.

can you post a pic with the original res, no crop, resize, everything, on the same frame in each version pls? :)

I will up 2 small video samples for you. 1 sample from the 720 and 1 from the 1080. Then you can compare them if you wish.

Screen shots never fully replicate the quality of the video.

Video samples: (if you have problems playing try http://www.videohelp.com/tools/PotPlayer a free player that IMHO is the best for HD files, I run it directly from computer via HDMI to LCD tv) this player never causes problems, I had used VLC for years but some of the high end HD files appeared jittery on it, pot player is perfect.

720 (36mb MKV sample)

http://www.mediafire.com/?tlqyieqvxi1wwjs

1080 ( 60mb MKV sample)

http://www.mediafire.com/?6603jr95aattcia

Here are the mediainfo specs for each full version:

Video

ID : 1

Format : AVC

Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec

Format profile : High@L3.1

Format settings, CABAC : Yes

Format settings, ReFrames : 1 frame

Format settings, GOP : M=1, N=60

Codec ID : avc1

Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding

Duration : 2h 44mn

Bit rate : 2 635 Kbps

Maximum bit rate : 6 895 Kbps

Width : 1 280 pixels

Height : 720 pixels

Display aspect ratio : 16:9

Frame rate mode : Constant

Frame rate : 25.000 fps

Color space : YUV

Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0

Bit depth : 8 bits

Scan type : Progressive

Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.114

Stream size : 3.02 GiB (93%)

Tagged date : UTC 2013-02-21 12:28:36

Audio

ID : 2

Format : AAC

Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec

Format profile : LC

Codec ID : 40

Duration : 2h 44mn

Bit rate mode : Variable

Bit rate : 192 Kbps

Maximum bit rate : 202 Kbps

Channel(s) : 2 channels

Channel positions : Front: L R

Sampling rate : 44.1 KHz

Compression mode : Lossy

Stream size : 225 MiB (7%)

Title : IsoMedia File Produced by Google, 5-11-2011

Encoded date : UTC 2013-02-21 12:25:26

Tagged date : UTC 2013-02-21 12:28:36

--------------------------------------------------

General

ID : 17488 (0x4450)

Complete name : D:\GUNS N ROSES BLURAY 2012 LONDON\gnr_20120531_london.ts

Format : MPEG-TS

File size : 21.6 GiB

Duration : 2h 20mn

Start time : UTC 2013-01-06 21:00:17

End time : UTC 2013-01-06 23:20:42

Overall bit rate mode : Variable

Overall bit rate : 22.0 Mbps

Network name : ‰BS Digital

Original network name : Astra 2

Video

ID : 576 (0x240)

Menu ID : 192 (0xC0)

Format : MPEG Video

Format version : Version 2

Format profile : Main@High

Format settings, BVOP : Yes

Format settings, Matrix : Custom

Format settings, GOP : M=3, N=15

Codec ID : 2

Bit rate mode : Variable

Bit rate : 20.7 Mbps

Maximum bit rate : 24.0 Mbps

Width : 1 920 pixels

Height : 1 080 pixels

Display aspect ratio : 16:9

Frame rate : 29.970 fps

Color space : YUV

Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0

Bit depth : 8 bits

Scan type : Interlaced

Scan order : Top Field First

Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.333

Stream size : 20.3 GiB (94%)

Color primaries : BT.709

Transfer characteristics : BT.709

Matrix coefficients : BT.709

Audio

ID : 577 (0x241)

Format : AAC

Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec

Format version : Version 2

Format profile : LC

Muxing mode : ADTS

Codec ID : 15

Bit rate mode : Constant / Variable / Variable

Bit rate : 192 Kbps

Minimum bit rate : 173 Kbps / 173 Kbps

Maximum bit rate : 265 Kbps / 265 Kbps

Channel(s) : 2 channels

Channel positions : Front: L R

Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz

Delay relative to video : -320ms

Stream size : 193 MiB (1%)

Menu

ID : 513 (0x201)

List : 326 (0x146) () / 576 (0x240) (MPEG Video) / 577 (0x241) (AAC) / 592 (0x250) ()

Service name : WOWOW|é¤Ö

Service provider : WOWOW

Service type : digital television

Hope this helps

Thanks mate do you think the audios better just notice in the 720 youtube copy you cant hear Dj solos very well cheers

There are a few songs in the 1080 that DJ's solos are low in the mix. Having seen the whole show, it's good. I enjoyed it. The weirdest song was Dead Flowers. Hearing Axl in his goofy deep country voice going straight into Mickey was pretty funny.

Edited by Stro

The 720 one definitely has some different editing to the 1080 one. As Stro said above, some of the solos sound so quiet in the 1080 one. And I remember seeing Kat Benzova singing towards the end of Rocket Queen, whereas I didn't see her in the 720 one

Btw what's with all the weird noises in some of the songs? Like, whispers or something. At one point during Shacklers, and loads during another brick in the wall

Edited by OJones90

The 720 one definitely has some different editing to the 1080 one. As Stro said above, some of the solos sound so quiet in the 1080 one. And I remember seeing Kat Benzova singing towards the end of Rocket Queen, whereas I didn't see her in the 720 one

Btw what's with all the weird noises in some of the songs? Like, whispers or something. At one point during Shacklers, and loads during another brick in the wall

That's Pitman whispers, he's predicating the upcoming album in subconscious words

just watching the 1080 version and im liking the colours a lot more than the 720p version. More depth visually. Looks great on TV.

for those interested I just uploaded my video the bow and closing speech which isn't in the film. Axl apologies for not 'running around so much', as that was at the time he fractured his shoulder in liverpool and bruised his leg (russia).

Edited by Axl_morris

I've got both versions, 720 is good enough but man I wish I could get the 1080 one on my 42" TV to see what it looks like. Unfortunately it doesn't have a USB slot, and my PS3 doesn't support NTFS which I need in order to put the 21gb file on the USB, so I'm still trying to figure out a way of doing it :(

Anyone know how I could?

Edited by OJones90

I've got both versions, 720 is good enough but man I wish I could get the 1080 one on my 42" TV to see what it looks like. Unfortunately it doesn't have a USB slot, and my PS3 doesn't support NTFS which I need in order to put the 21gb file on the USB, so I'm still trying to figure out a way of doing it :(

Anyone know how I could?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Designer-Habitat-Nano-3-0-Flashdrives/dp/B005ERNITE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1362147428&sr=8-1

links to TV via HDMI. Plug your hard drive/usb into the media player. Plays any file.

Anyone know how I could?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Designer-Habitat-Nano-3-0-Flashdrives/dp/B005ERNITE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1362147428&sr=8-1

links to TV via HDMI. Plug your hard drive/usb into the media player. Plays any file.

oh cheers, come to think of it im sure my bro has something like that actually! Gonna give that a go if he does!

Can someone help me with authoring a blu-ray? I have a blu-ray burner and some blanks, but I've never tried authoring a blu-ray (or dvd for that matter). I'd like to have a menu where I can select a particular song.

Also, what is airing tomorrow and what country? I was under the impression VH1 was going to air it in the US on March 9?