Guns N' Roses to play Les Plaines d'Abraham on July 12th in Quebec city

bumblecool

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy shit... I'm so sick of the "places that still tolerate us" World Tour... This is so boring.

No one is forcing you to check up on GNR from concerts you were never going to attend anyway?

Not expecting much, man. Just no the same tging over and over in lower and lower quality. I love this band. It's sad to see Axl's given up on Guns N' Roses... I so hope I'm wrong an he's just taking his time...

Guest cbgnr666

615273057_zpsd91b6670.jpg

I don't care what any "reporter" says or writes or what any of the bitter ex-fans have to complain about this time.

The show was simply epic. One of the greatest shows I've been to and I hate festivals.

Axl sounded amazing all night

The band was phenomenal

The crowd loved ALL the solo spots and band jams

Dj Ashba is definitely a fan favorite

Ron is a great singer

Fans sang on all the newer material and loved all the songs

Dizzy "Fuckin" Reed has a lot of fans

There was too many people

Setlist:

Welcome to the jungle

It's so easy

Mr. Brownstone

Estranged

Better

Rocket queen

Richard Fortus guitar solo (Blacklight Jesus of Transylvania)

Live and let die

This I love

Used to love her

Dizzy Reed piano solo (No Quarter)

Catcher in the rye

You could be mine

DJ Ashba guitar solo (Mi amor)

Sweet child o' mine

Band jam (Another brick in the wall pt. 2)

Axl Rose piano solo (Goodbye yellow brick road/Someone saved my life tonight)

November rain

Objectivity (Bumblefoot cover)

Don't cry

Knockin' on heaven's door

The Seeker (The Who cover)

Band jam (Angie)

Patience

Band jam

Paradise city

Sounds great and wish I could have been there.

Truth is we don't know he isn't trying. What if he was losing his voice after 2006 and ruined his voice in 2010 trying to sound like 92 again.

Also we don't know Axl isn't working out, the guy is in his 50's. Metabolism and fitness slow right down. You might be right he might be going through motions or not try. Or he could be digging out blind and what he does on stage is all that he is physically capable off. We don't know.

also I do wish they would mix up the set, but I also know that these are only 3 shows on a short summer tour, nothing dramatic was ever going to happen with the set. The club shows should be longer though.

Nice spot. That's right about where I try to be at most shows. rock4

I was surrounded by many 50+ year olds and its funny watching them telling the kids not to mosh lol

Ha that happened last time I saw Soundgarden, some of those older guys looked visibly scared

Edited by WhazUp

Holy shit... I'm so sick of the "places that still tolerate us" World Tour... This is so boring.

No one is forcing you to check up on GNR from concerts you were never going to attend anyway?

Were you going to fly him out to all of em?

yeah but i don't follow the setlists and vids to hate on the band. The haters know what's coming, they know they wont like the voice or the songs played, yet they still follow axl's every step... Edited by Axl_morris

Were you going to fly him out to all of em?

yeah but i don't follow the setlists and vids to hate on the band. The haters know what's coming, they know they wont like the voice or the songs played, yet they still follow axl's every step...
I am certainly not a hater. I love this band. I love Axl's music. It saddens me to see it all go to waste.

Glad you had a great time Volcano. The festival setting looked really nice.

Thanks it really was an amazing gig! I wish everyone on this forum could have attended.

Cool you had a great time volcano!!!!!! believe me I would have liked to be there .. rock3

Critics aren't that good... Some snippets:

"GNR leave the fans on their appetite", "Questionnable songs choice", "lack of rythme"

http://tvanouvelles.ca/lcn/artsetspectacles/general/archives/2013/07/20130713-073840.html

"A show not well rounded", "Axl wants his band to shine (or take a break), so there are plenty of solos, which was not helping for the rythme of the show", "As if it wasn't enough, Rose was a shadow of himself half of the time, struggling to deliver the material, was hitting wrong notes, and was out of breath", "the projections on the screen were not helping to entertain", "Unfortunately, nothing memorable"

http://www.lapresse.ca/le-soleil/dossiers/festival-dete/201307/13/01-4670437-guns-nroses-en-retard-malgre-tout.php

There are some good commentaries in favor of the performance in these articles but mostly it's not good critics...

I find it quite strange that they both say almost the same thing. Did they attend the show together and talked about it? :question:

They seem to be disappointed because they didn't get what they expected (= only appetite?), now they both say too that the band was awesome and that they're great musicians, and they both really enjoyed DJ Ashba.

I find it quite strange too that they say the crowd was "very patient" at the begining, could it be that they DID enjoy the show but couldn't be as involved because they didn't know the songs? :shrugs:

I liked the videos you posted too. I don't think Axl sound that bad.

(PS: I still disagree with you, but I still don't want to fight! :kiss: )

It's true they basicaly say the same thing... but that was the general consensus of the night I think... I talked to another person today who attended the show, he said everybody was disapointed... I don't know, I'm just repeating what he said to me...

It wasn't planned but I went tonight at the festival. Foreigner and def Leppard were the bands playing. I'm not even a Foreigner fan and I must say they really nailed it. The crowd really enjoyed the show. The singer even dived into the crowd lol...

You know, there really is something wrong when Foreigner is giving a better show than GNR... Too much often Axl makes the wrong decisions. Last night wasn't a good show for this festival. There were 80 000 people. It was not a GNR show, it's a festival. People go to have a good time, to hear songs they know. They should have played the classics. Not songs from CD, no boring solo and no cover songs from other bands. That's ridiculous... They played the same setlist as usual, as if they can't play other GNR songs... What the hell is wrong with the other GNR songs? I can complain all I want but it's Axl who is to blame... The guy can't make good decisions. He can't.

I know you probably don't agree with me but I can't agree about what Axl is doing.

I hope you forgive me :D

You could be mine

http://fb.me/2W1uomD1c

I read Volcano and he's saying people enjoyed the show... They didn't hate it I guess, but from what I read and hear, it was indeed disapointing.

the guy from the video above is saying it was a "meh performance". That's what people are saying, it's not me... I wish Axl would do the right things but he likes srewing up I suppose.. I'm sorry for saying this.

^^^ Not from 4:50 onwards. Just horrible tone and often flat. The band sounds great, but the vocals brings the second half of this song way down. Sorry, but I don't see how listening to Axl singing here can be considered enjoyable.