Best Aerosmith album?

Vincent Vega

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

old school get your wings for me. It doesn't have the hits that rocks and toys does, but I think it is a better, more complete album Honestly it is probably the only aerosmith album that I like every song on it.

Newer stuff, has to be get a grip for me. IMO aerosmith were trying sound like gnr on that album, and it worked. amazing is like november rain, eat the rich is like jungle, living on the edge is like paradise city, crying is like dont cry, and so on and so fourth. IMO aerosmith have always tried to mimic other bands. Toys and rocks were them trying to be like zeppelin, and perminate vacation and pump were them trying to be like motley crue or bon jovi, and get a grip is them trying to be like gnr. But it works for me.

Toys In The Attic - old era . closely followed by Rocks and Get Your Wings, and then Rock In A Hard Place.

My short review of Rock In Hard Place -

... two different guitarists, Jimmy Crespo and Rick Dufay, in place of Perry and Whitword who spun off for a while trying to deal with addictions etc... Aerosmith could have gone like GN'R has now at that particular fork in the road....but it worked and Tyler was slowburn real gone magnificent. There are plenty of amazing tracks on that album and it all gels together quite well ... so many that i can't go into it in this short review but the titles give some idea - Bolivian Ragamuffin, Lightning Strikes, the title track is awesome... check out the album. i dig the oldtimey gangster references etc -- jig is up, push comes to shove, and old jazz era vocals Tyler pulls off, and hauntingly beautiful shit on there like Joanie's Butterfly... **** 4/5

Pump - later era

Edited by machinegunner

old school get your wings for me. It doesn't have the hits that rocks and toys does, but I think it is a better, more complete album Honestly it is probably the only aerosmith album that I like every song on it.

Newer stuff, has to be get a grip for me. IMO aerosmith were trying sound like gnr on that album, and it worked. amazing is like november rain, eat the rich is like jungle, living on the edge is like paradise city, crying is like dont cry, and so on and so fourth. IMO aerosmith have always tried to mimic other bands. Toys and rocks were them trying to be like zeppelin, and perminate vacation and pump were them trying to be like motley crue or bon jovi, and get a grip is them trying to be like gnr. But it works for me.

Hi Mike. I think they used a lot of overdubs on Get Your Wings with Alice Cooper's guitarists - Wagner and Hunter or something. To find that out later kind of takes a way from it although the results are pleasing enough. But it doesn't come together as with Toys In The Attic - you can hear that they had discovered their own sound more difiningly by them. And i can't keep the riffs eg. like Adam's Apple, out of my head...

All their before rehab 70's albums up to "Rocks" are excellent but "Get Your Wings" is ultimate Aerosmith to me...

Post rehab I love everything including Pump but after that that seem to be chasing singles and lost there edge for me...

Edited by classicrawker

Hi Mike. I think they used a lot of overdubs on Get Your Wings with Alice Cooper's guitarists - Wagner and Hunter or something. To find that out later kind of takes a way from it although the results are pleasing enough. But it doesn't come together as with Toys In The Attic - you can hear that they had discovered their own sound more difiningly by them. And i can't keep the riffs eg. like Adam's Apple, out of my head...

I actually really like all asmith albums up to nine lives, including done with mirrors, rock in a hard place, and night in the ruts. But get your wings is my personal fav. Do you have any proof to back up your claims? I have never heard of anyone other than the obvious playing any guitars.

I actually really like all asmith albums up to nine lives, including done with mirrors, rock in a hard place, and night in the ruts. But get your wings is my personal fav. Do you have any proof to back up your claims? I have never heard of anyone other than the obvious playing any guitars.

It is well known that they played on Train Kept A Rollin' and others around that period. -- and that's the confusing thing that detracts from my enjoyment of it, you don't who is playing what. It's already hard to know whether it's Joe Perry or Brad Whitford sometimes.

It is well known that they played on Train Kept A Rollin' and others around that period. -- and that's the confusing thing that detracts from my enjoyment of it, you don't who is playing what. It's already hard to know whether it's Joe Perry or Brad Whitford sometimes.

Cooper's guitarists played on "Train Kept A' Rollin'" and "Same Old Song and Dance."

Rocks - title says it all, in more ways than one.

Permanent Vacation - I remember thinking, ahhhh there's the band I missed.

After that, a gradual slide that didn't overly appeal to me. :shrugs: