Has anyone else ever thought to themselves: F*ck This Band?

jimb0

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest charlie555

I think most fans probably do. Then they go away for a month or so but eventually get drawn back in. Can't live with GnR, can't live without it.

I honestly don't really think about bands like that. I either like them or don't. I don't sit around and curse at Axl or Slash because they can't get past major differences. I have other things to think about.

We all do, that's not the point. It's not like anyone's happyness here depends on Guns N' Roses. We do have all the right, though, to be extremely disapointed on how things have been going recently. That's part of being a fan, you have to know how to criticise and when to cheer on the right moments, and now it's definetly a moment for us to complain. Because we have reasons to.

Edited by ManetsBR

I look at the nu outfit as a whole as Axl Rose's solo venture. But even though I don't look at these musicians as "Guns N' Roses", I still have remained a fan of Axl as a musician; which is why I always kept tabs.

Now, regardless of what side of the fence you're on, there's really nothing left to be a fan of. No new nu album. No reunion. And botched live show releases.

There's literally no signs of that ever changing. It's just Axl going through the motions, and seemingly solely focused on funding his retirement, as well as funding for the leeches. No more, no less. Axl lost the ambition to do anything productive, and I doubt he'll ever find it again.

You're a wise man, Bobbo.

I think this is a legitimate question. With all the bullshit that goes on, the constant 'failure to communicate' the redundant tours, the lack of effort on new material and keeping fans in the loop. How many people here have ever just thought. FUCK THIS BAND.

Just being honest.

What would a "fuck this band" mean? I am not going to stop enjoying the music just because the band is dysfunctional. Nor am I going to find the band less fascinating.

I think this is a legitimate question. With all the bullshit that goes on, the constant 'failure to communicate' the redundant tours, the lack of effort on new material and keeping fans in the loop. How many people here have ever just thought. FUCK THIS BAND.

Just being honest.

What would a "fuck this band" mean? I am not going to stop enjoying the music just because the band is dysfunctional. Nor am I going to find the band less fascinating.

What does it mean? I guess you get excited about a band, you wanna show your friends. You think, those guys are really creating something artistic together and pushing boundaries. I remember back when Oh My God came out, I literally took it around my high school on a discman and tried to spread the word, Axl is back. I've paid for lots of tickets for my friends to check out the new line up and show them, hey this may not be GNR as we know it, but it's pretty damn good.

Enjoy the music, yes I do. Hell even with the new guys, I love that Rock AM Ring Nightrain... or 2002 Era Blues and Maddy. It's just been a long fucking time since this group has done anything that you can HONESTLY deem fascinating.

Making up DJ Ashba Tweets and pointing out Axl's lesser qualities only goes so far.

lol you're just now asking this question?

Just now really thinking it's a topic that shouldn't get locked or moved to attitude because it is not an attack on the band. Just an honest reaction of what 'The Diehards' you know, a moron like me with thousands of posts because he was naive to really think that Axl honestly would attack the recreation of Guns N' Roses just as hard as he attacked the creation of Guns N' Roses in terms of making it to the top. I'm a fucking idiot. But he is no longer hungry because he is no longer broke. I honestly found this band more interesting when they seemed to have a gag order on them. Now they give interviews with vague answers that really clarify nothing.

Edited by jimb0

Some people need to get lives.

If you honestly think "fuck this band" you're wasting your time.

I have said those words in regards to other things that I no longer support or spend my time on fan forums.

Edited by F*ck Fear

Just being honest.

from 2002-2006 I said fuck this band b/c of the philly show/riot I was at.

in 2006, the 3 or 4 songs leaked, axl did that impromptu eddie trunc show appearance w/ sebastian - so I gave him another shot

but when all the shit axl talked about in the online chats never came to pass - and the CD tour that never ends with sub-par performances at premium prices - I'm ready to say fuck this band again

I think it was just easier to deal with leading up to CD. Now that it's dropped, there is really no more hope that Guns N' Roses can once again be a relevant rock monster. Especially with GNR Inc. Being an employment situation and Axl's deteriorating standards when it comes to live performing.

Yeah, and some people claim the guy's a perfectionist :rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

Just being honest.

What does it mean? I guess you get excited about a band, you wanna show your friends. You think, those guys are really creating something artistic together and pushing boundaries. I remember back when Oh My God came out, I literally took it around my high school on a discman and tried to spread the word, Axl is back. I've paid for lots of tickets for my friends to check out the new line up and show them, hey this may not be GNR as we know it, but it's pretty damn good.

Oh, I haven't done that for any band in ages, not since I was a kid. So I guess I said "fuck this band" and "fuck every band" many, many years ago.

I still enjoy the music though and find it immensely fascinating, like some weird soap opera.

Alice in Chains fan? :thumbsup:

Yes, I am a big Alice in Chains fan. I guess you can also relate my drug comparison to their 1996-2005 hiatus, since they weren't doing anything during that time cause half of them were messed up on drugs.

Edited by rocknroll41

It is always funny when the soap opera stuff comes around as it inevitably does every year or so. The last time was the Hall of Fame thing, Adler's 'hacks' comment, BF's replies, Axl's letters. It was drama - and comedy - of the highest order. I have two reasons for visiting the gn'r boards I suppose, the geeky stuff on the old band, and the soap opera bullshit of, all eras really.

I temporarily had very negative feelings towards Axl after I saw GNR in Paris in 2010 and the delayed start resulted in the metro being closed after the show. Was EXTREMELY inconvenient and even dangerous for thousands of people. I got over it though :)