Thanks Fernando, genuinely

Guest NGOG

I don't know. I have to admit though, that we went way more far thatn I actually thought we could.

Kudos to Team Brazil, honestly. Both Fernando and Beta replied very quickly and even a third person from the staff reached me to say he loved the initiative and the letter.

All hail Fermanetsger!

What letter??? Make sense if you're going to bother posting here, eh? I'm curious now.

But frankly, I really couldn't give a fuck about some live CD or DVD. If I want to see live performances, I have youtube, etc.

I do admit though, that its good that the management are communicating a bit more - hopefully this is the start of something that could make a huge difference to the morale of the and optimism of the fans.

Gotta say..for the first time ever I agree with BBA...No offense guys, but the bands going nowhere these days...I always check the boards to see if any things new, but we all know that it's done and over with..There MAY be one more album, but the wasted opportunities have become a killer for GNR...

If someone from the GNR camp happens to check in on this thread, let the record show that 99% of us on this board, regardless of each person's history or current level of frustration with this band, would all love to hear from Axl. Whether it's another visit, a new interview, or a simple email answering the 5 questions provided. And above and beyond all else, New Music.

We want to hear The General. Soul Monster. Jackie Chan. Thyme. Seven. Atlas Shrugged. It has been, in some cases, well over ten years of hearing about these songs. But never actually hearing them. Enough is enough. And it sure would be cool to hear a status update from the guy who sounded so enthusiastic about this material, once upon a time way back in 2008.

If someone from the GNR camp happens to check in on this thread, let the record show that 99% of us on this board, regardless of each person's history or current level of frustration with this band, would all love to hear from Axl. Whether it's another visit, a new interview, or a simple email answering the 5 questions provided. And above and beyond all else, New Music.

We want to hear The General. Soul Monster. Jackie Chan. Thyme. Seven. Atlas Shrugged. It has been, in some cases, well over ten years of hearing about these songs. But never actually hearing them. Enough is enough. And it sure would be cool to hear a status update from the guy who sounded so enthusiastic about this material, once upon a time way back in 2008.

No offence, but I'm not even gonna pretend to care if there's a tour or not... the only reason they don't tour europe or north america is becase they'd only be selling out places that would hold an audience of 2000 people max... They know that in SA they'll do anything to watch this band. That's the only place were they can go and sell out 50 000 stadiums.... Shit's getting past ridiculous. I mean, if they did a new album and put it out, I'd understand, but ffs touring the same album for 13 years is just stupid...

In the UK last year, GNR were playing at venues which were pretty much sold out and held 15,000 - 20,000. The 02 in London holds 20,000 and the first night was a sell-out or almost. Then in Europe they played venues holding 10,000-15,000 plus they headlined at festivals like Graspop.

They have done a great job anyway since 2011, especially if you are a fan who wanted to see them on the road. Also not forgetting the livestreams, and they made the effort with the fanclub, which never really took off, but we got the backplane which is cool.

Fans who wanted new material I can see why they are frustrated, but back in 09 Axl said they will be 'working on chinese for a while'

Correct. The shows were fuckin' awesome and I'm very thankful for that!

So am I.

As I said already, so long as they keep us informed of proceedings, I have no complaints. It was really refreshing yesterday to have Fernando shed light on those few things.

Directly after the Axl chats of 2008 I believe Eric opened various 'ask' threads but I do not believe he was as pro-active about it as ourselves. He merely left the threads for members of GNR to check out whereas we've been actively bringing our questions to the attention of GNR management.

Edited by NGOG

Directly after the Axl chats of 2008 I believe Eric opened various 'ask' threads but I do not believe he was as pro-active about it as ourselves. He merely left the threads for members of GNR to check out whereas we've been actively bringing our questions to the attention of GNR management.

I'm pretty sure GNR management was involved back then too.

Yes, but he still ignoring questions about new music/album.

The last album took 15+ years and 12+ million to produce...there isn't going to be a new album....not from this version of the band, anyway....not anytime soon.

I think they asked for questions then othing happened the maybe the chats replaced them.

I think Axl has answered these questions before. Last I remember he said theyd all recorded theyll see what they all like and something about a deal with label. Id like to know where they are with that.

These questions would wpuld bring some stability to proceedings.