The Breaking Bad Finale Discussion Thread [SPOILERS WITHIN - UP TO FINALE]

ManetsBR

Yeah, I think it's safe to assume that Walter got away with the plane crash.

Really hard to connect that because I don't think any one could connect Walt to Jane in any way, and even so, there's no evidence to assume so. Jane's dad was so distraught over her death that he was the one that indeed responsible for the crash. Yeah Walt let Jane die, but there's no way you could chain all of those events leading to her dad ultimately fucking up.

Yeah, exactly. It was indirectly his fault, but just because Walt let her die doesn't mean he could be charged or anything for it just because her dad was messed up in the head afterward.

I didn't see the need to start a new thread for this, but did anyone else what the Mythbusters Breaking Bad special last night?

I heard about it. Looks like there's a lot of wrong stuff, right?

Yeah. I just finished watching it and they pretty much busted everything haha.

Really hard to connect that because I don't think any one could connect Walt to Jane in any way, and even so, there's no evidence to assume so. Jane's dad was so distraught over her death that he was the one that indeed responsible for the crash. Yeah Walt let Jane die, but there's no way you could chain all of those events leading to her dad ultimately fucking up.

Yeah, exactly. It was indirectly his fault, but just because Walt let her die doesn't mean he could be charged or anything for it just because her dad was messed up in the head afterward.

Well... If Walter hadn't let her die, the plane wouldn't have crashed. Period.

I didn't see the need to start a new thread for this, but did anyone else what the Mythbusters Breaking Bad special last night?

I heard about it. Looks like there's a lot of wrong stuff, right?

Yeah. I just finished watching it and they pretty much busted everything haha.

Was still cool to see some of that stuff happen IRL though, even if they busted the myths. The second take at the bath tub myth was wicked!

960004_416195595157934_1561494020_n.png

Walt pukes in the toilet with a hand towel under his knees like Gus in the episode 4x10 "Salud". The color of the towel in 5x09 is purple, like the clothes of Gus in 4x10. As someone mentioned, before. Walt takes traits off people who's he's killed. For example, Crazy 8 cut crusts off his sandwiches. So does Walt... He then drank whiskey with ice after he killed Mike. And in the most recent episode he tucked a towel under his knees as he vomited as Gus did.

Well... If Walter hadn't let her die, the plane wouldn't have crashed. Period.

So wat? I was trying to figure out what you guys were talking about, blaming Walt for the crash I mean. I thought I missed something. . Walt is obv not gunna get the blame for that. Her dad was in no shape to b directing air traffic control that day. And it's janes fault she od'd, not walts.

Plane crash is over with and won't b brought up again. There's no connection between the crash and Walt. Big reach. It's like the butterfly effect, but certainly not walts fault.

I get what you mean, but he did have a great part on the plane crash.

Jane's OD > Walter doing nothing to stop it -> Jane's dad being unable to work -> Crash.

Jane shouldn't have used heroin (duh), Walter should have saved her, Jane's dad shouldn't have gone to work.

Yeah, I know, and by doing that the plane crashed. It's not a butterfly effect, Walt is very linked to what happened.

And Lucius, I thought that was a good video, I posted when it was around the 40 seconds mark. When I finished I realised how shitty it was.

I think you guys are somewhat missing the importance of having Jane die.

It's not a matter of whether Walt will be blamed for the plane crash because he let a drug addict choke on her own vomit, it's that his decision to let her die that precipitated the crash moved Walt's character along to the evil, warped, conniving individual he ends up being. Whether he gets busted or blamed for it is irrelevant, that shit is on him and he knows it. It's helped transform him into the full-fledged Heisenberg that kept pushing in later seasons when any sane person would have backed off. The fact that he was able to keep going knowing that he was indirectly responsible for the death of hundreds speaks to who he became as a character. Whereas drug cooks, I suppose, never see the harm and damage they cause close up, Walt gets a front row seat to the carnage he brought on as a result of his selfish thinking. Walt isn't getting away with anything - the cost has been his humanity.

As for Sunday's episode (which I finally got to see tonight, was tough not checking into this thread) was epic, and I was so glad they got to confrontation with Hank and Walt as soon as they did. I thought they were going to drag it out and have the two dance around each other. Can't wait to see what happened to his house and his family. His neighbor's reaction to seeing him again was hilarious. Some bad shit is coming Walt's way. I think a lot of people are going to die.

Edited by downzy

Speculation I found on reddit. Love the last line.

Declan is in trouble; he needs a cook. Todd's only at 68%, or may have been busted by the DEA after Walt set him up. From the "Say My Name" confrontation, Declan knows that Jesse was as good as Walt; Brock is threatened as leverage to get Jesse to cook for him. Saul breaks the news to Walt, who then offers Declan the one thing that's more valuable to him that Jesse's cook: Walter's... but not before picking up some backup on the way, in the form of the M60 (with his final $100 left as the tip) and the ricin. After scaring the shit out of Carol, he meets Lydia at the diner and tells her that he's back in business; everything else he has is gone. This time, however, no half-measures, Lydia gets a ricin tea.
Later, at the exchange in the desert, Walt says his goodbyes to Jesse, knowing that they will never again see each other. "I've left you a token of my appreciation in the trunk, and a card on the seat." What Walt doesn't know is that after he drives of with Declan's crew, Jesse won't make it out of the desert; Declan doesn't like loose ends, either, and unfortunately, Jesse was unable to get to the M60 in the trunk to retrieve the protection that Walt had left for him.
What Declan doesn't know is that Walt doesn't have cooking on his mind... it's revenge for the death of his family. You know how Walter has been exhibiting traits of those he's killed? Now it's Hector's turn. As the show winds down, we see that Walt has outdone himself with his most productive cook yet. But as Declan and his crew gather around to appreciate Walt's handiwork, Declan has a question. Why isn't the meth blue? Silently, Walt picks up a crystal, holding it up between his thumb and finger. "Because I've come to realize that I prefer... White." Walt says, before hurling the mercury fulminate, setting off a massive explosion that kills everyone in the building.

Declan is in trouble; he needs a cook. Todd's only at 68%, or may have been busted by the DEA after Walt set him up. From the "Say My Name" confrontation, Declan knows that Jesse was as good as Walt; Brock is threatened as leverage to get Jesse to cook for him. Saul breaks the news to Walt, who then offers Declan the one thing that's more valuable to him that Jesse's cook: Walter's... but not before picking up some backup on the way, in the form of the M60 (with his final $100 left as the tip) and the ricin. After scaring the shit out of Carol, he meets Lydia at the diner and tells her that he's back in business; everything else he has is gone. This time, however, no half-measures, Lydia gets a ricin tea.

Later, at the exchange in the desert, Walt says his goodbyes to Jesse, knowing that they will never again see each other. "I've left you a token of my appreciation in the trunk, and a card on the seat." What Walt doesn't know is that after he drives of with Declan's crew, Jesse won't make it out of the desert; Declan doesn't like loose ends, either, and unfortunately, Jesse was unable to get to the M60 in the trunk to retrieve the protection that Walt had left for him.

What Declan doesn't know is that Walt doesn't have cooking on his mind... it's revenge for the death of his family. You know how Walter has been exhibiting traits of those he's killed? Now it's Hector's turn. As the show winds down, we see that Walt has outdone himself with his most productive cook yet. But as Declan and his crew gather around to appreciate Walt's handiwork, Declan has a question. Why isn't the meth blue? Silently, Walt picks up a crystal, holding it up between his thumb and finger. "Because I've come to realize that I prefer... White." Walt says, before hurling the mercury fulminate, setting off a massive explosion that kills everyone in the building.

I like the idea, but it's way too focused on what happens around/after his 52nd birthday. What happens in the first 5-6 episodes that take place before he grows the beard?

BTW, great performance by Dean Norris (Hank) in the first episode. It's usually Cranston that steals the show, but I thought Norris did a great job demonstrating how shell shocked his character was over his recent discovery. Up until this point we've never seen Hank act this way. It was really surreal to watch him lash out like he did at Walk. Definitely glad Norris wasn't able to talk Gilligan into killing his character last season (he wanted out to give him more time to work on his dome show).

Speculation I found on reddit. Love the last line.

There was more than that, I just didn't feel like copying/pasting it all since I'm on my phone.

Something along the lines of IRS, Lydia and ricin, Declan raids Walt's house and killing Hank, Marie, Skyler, and the kids.

Dude, I seriously wouldn't post all that stuff until those leaks are 100% confirmed to be false. Right now, it's basically just speculation that they are but we won't know for sure until the next 2 episodes air.