Fernando GN'R 2 hours meeting?

Uncle Bob

A 2 hour meeting is short if it were only males. Males like to hear themselves talk.

If a couple of woman were there as well or a woman was leading the meeting, 2 hours could have been productive.

Than again this is GNR, it's never very productive.

A 2 hour meeting is short if it were only males. Males like to hear themselves talk.

If a couple of woman were there as well or a woman was leading the meeting, 2 hours could have been productive.

Unless somebody brought up the subject of soft furnishings or periods in which case nothing productive would get done and it would go on for most of the day.

A manager tweeted about him spending time in a meeting as if it is a rarity??? I thought it is part of your job to regularly hold meetings, no? Goes to show how often the 'future' and 'plans' of GNR is being discussed, if ever.

And WAR41 I love your post. Only that I thought I read on here that Fernando lives in NY, not with Axl.

I hope it was a meeting with the record company.

I would not get my hopes too high.

Unless somebody brought up the subject of soft furnishings or periods in which case nothing productive would get done and it would go on for most of the day.

Never experienced that. Well, not in a professional meeting anyway. I have led many meetings, and worked in almost all woman and in almost all man companies. Woman were far more quicker and productive in these sort of things. I never had to lead actually. With man however, lots of talking, but nothing was said. (we only talk about periods and soft furnishings after the meeting ;)

Let's hope this wasn't the case in this meeting.

Edited by MBRose

this is probably the funniest post ive read in years lol so if beta was there the meeting must have been productive ? hahahaha yeah cuz shes so much more productive than all the men that have managed GNR or any other legendary band in the past right ? lol

its been my experience that having one or two women as part of a business team can be very productive, since it provides a little more insight into the female side of things (women fans and whatnot) but if you get a bunch of women working in the same place for a long period of time, theres too much drama, gossip and jealousy in play to actually get any work done

this is probably the funniest post ive read in years lol so if beta was there the meeting must have been productive ? hahahaha yeah cuz shes so much more productive than all the men that have managed GNR or any other legendary band in the past right ? lol

its been my experience that having one or two women as part of a business team can be very productive, since it provides a little more insight into the female side of things (women fans and whatnot) but if you get a bunch of women working in the same place for a long period of time, theres too much drama, gossip and jealousy in play to actually get any work done

That can be, but not in a meeting. Outside the meeting, it's a whole different story. (By the way gossiping man can do just as good, but allright the drama and jealousy I give you that).

I wasn't talking about Beta in anyway, she doesn't count.

Besides I was just exaggerating a bit. Next time I will use smilies.

Edited by MBRose

Someone leaked the next episode of Dexter so they spent the 2nd hour watching it. As someone already mentioned, they spent the 1st hour watching the last episode.

When they were finally done, the label guy says

Record label: So Axl, let's release an album

Mickey Mouse: Hey everybody! The record label guy's got a great idea! I should release an album!

Management: Blow me.

Record label: What?!

Management: Suck me.

Meeting is over. Seriously, we've been especulating over the past 10 plus years - the next year is the year of GnR. Every year there's the "yeah of GnR", but nothing gets ever done. Fuck, EVEN LUIGI's got his own year but GnR doesnt!

The Year of Luigi is a special event held in 2013 in commemoration of the 30th anniversary of Luigi's debut in Mario Bros. As such, it features a series of games, collectibles, and downloadable content with Luigi as the main focus.

year_of_luigi_propaganda_poster_01_by_te

Don't piss on my back and tell me it's raining.

A management team holding a meeting and feeling it's newsworthy enough to brag about it shows exactly what is wrong. They aren't managers and they don't know how to manage. I've been a fan of Gn'R since 1986. I've been here through the highs and the lows and I've kept the faith. I downloaded the shows from 2001 when new songs debuted. I downloaded every leak that came out, I bought CD on vinyl and CD the day it came out. I've seen them on tour and have a lot of great memories of this band. But this recent contempt for the fan base has gone too far. You know what's worse than fans talking about you and sharing leaks? Fans who don't. Without a fan base you are nothing, Team Brazil is doing everything in their power to increase the disconnect Axl has with his fan base. Axl is so disconnected from reality, he reminds me of how Michael Jackson was before he died. Surrounded by toxic people and out of touch with the real world. I wasn't overly impressed with Going Down. I certainly didn't feel it was worthy of Beta's rant. It's not like someone broke into Axl's house and stole the new album and leaked it. It's an almost decade old song and a sub par one at that. She sounded like a five year old having a tantrum on a playing ground. They should be happy that people care. Because I tell you what, there will be a day that comes when a leak comes out and no one gives a shit and that's when you know you have truly failed. I'm not a pro/con classic/nu Gn'r fan. I've liked all of the albums released so far. I don't scream for Slash to return, but Axl is treating the current band as a commodity and nothing more and soon he will find himself without a band and without a fan base, locked in his house with nothing but Team Brazil. I hope they are fucking happy. They have been instrumental on this phase of Guns N' Roses failing to extreme levels. I don't feel that Gn'R is relevant anymore. They aren't making new music and a band that doesn't make new music is nothing more than a nostalgia act. But if current acts continue, the good nostalgia that people have is going to get tainted until people forget why they loved the band to begin with.

• Like 1

"CLEARLY 2014 could bring big things for GNR." WTF Fernando of course it could, of course it should, but until we get something SOLID consistently going please dont insult us. He acts like, every year, GNR puts out a new awesome album.

Nevertheless, I am optimistic.

Axl/Izzy/Fortus in 2014.

Still enjoying Going Down, btw.

Good post, Fantomas.

Edited by Eu4ic
  • Like 1

Cool, gnr have plans for 2014. Id imagine thats not enough info for cupcakes but the cupcakes wont be happy unless Axl Rose calls them up on the phone personally to tell them everything he does.

This has nothing to do with people being cupcakes or feeling that Axl owes them. It has everything to do with lies, misdirection and insults. For the last 12 years we've had nothing but failed promises, missed deadlines, more lies, a rotating line up and now we have a management that lashes out at fans. Del James telling us to suck his dick is not how you encourage fans to spend money on your brand. You want my hard earned money? Earn it. Give me a reason to invest in Gn'R.

Everything about this is a farce. If I wasn't watching it first hand, I wouldn't believe it was happening. The entire Gn'R brand is imploding and as fans, all we can do is watch. That doesn't make me a cupcake, it makes me a fan who is pained to watch one of his favorite performers self destruct. Honestly, if Axl had died in the 90's like Cobain or Staley, I think it would have been easier to deal with that to watch the empire crumble and become the joke it is today. He'd be better off just retiring the band and heading off into the sunset while he has a shred of dignity left. I'll be honest, I never thought I'd see the day where I said "Fuck Axl".

• Like 1

The band members, crew etc have been harassed since they played the first nugnr show. From fans yelling Slash at Bucket and Robin to Nonstop questions at smaller gigs in Hollywood with Dizzy... the media never gave them a fair review... most of the media reviewed CD without even listening to it. Every asshole with a blog felt the need to talk shit. The label even fucked up the release. The ridiculous amount of cupcake gnr "fans" must be overwhelming and disheartening. The attacks on TB and Beta is uncalled for... Hmm I wonder why they have an attitude. I wonder why they dont give a shit about a fuckin letter of questions sent to them. The board members here are not the majority of their fanbase. They would probably prefer most of us never go to a show or follow the band again. So yeah I guess a lot of us should get the hint and move on.

The band members, crew etc have been harassed since they played the first nugnr show. From fans yelling Slash at Bucket and Robin to Nonstop questions at smaller gigs in Hollywood with Dizzy... the media never gave them a fair review... most of the media reviewed CD without even listening to it. Every asshole with a blog felt the need to talk shit. The label even fucked up the release. The ridiculous amount of cupcake gnr "fans" must be overwhelming and disheartening. The attacks on TB and Beta is uncalled for... Hmm I wonder why they have an attitude. I wonder why they dont give a shit about a fuckin letter of questions sent to them. The board members here are not the majority of their fanbase. They would probably prefer most of us never go to a show or follow the band again. So yeah I guess a lot of us should get the hint and move on.

The management, should never lash out in public. Its unprofessional and only causes more people to get angry at Axl and the band. If Axl is angry let him speak, its his band and music not TB, like they like to claim.

In this case its more about Beta, Fernando's and Dels reply to the fans, who for the most part, like the new songs. They could have taken a negative and made it a positive, but failed. And they didn't just fail us, they caused more fans to be angry with Axl and the band, bad management.

• Like 1

I can't tell if you are serious or if you are being sarcastic for humor's sake.

""""The band members, crew etc have been harassed since they played the first nugnr show.""""----harrassed, meaning physically assualted, their families live in fear, etc? Or do you mean a few people shouting from the audience or a couple guys on internet music forums saying mean things? Axl has a net worth or what, 50-to-100 million dollars? Lives in a mansion, fancy cars, can bang any chick he wants. Lives like a king. He has millions of fans who love and worship him. If that isn't enough to make-up for 7 guys on an internet forum saying he's out of shape......well, then there are issues way more deep that he needs to work on.

""""From fans yelling Slash at Bucket and Robin"""".......OMG. How could they ever survive that. The horror, the horror. In a show with 15,000 pepole cheering them on, 3 guys yelled "where's Slash" at them. Hopefully they have good psychiatrists to help them deal with this.

""""to Nonstop questions at smaller gigs in Hollywood with Dizzy""""----if Dizzy wasn't in GnR, there would be no media or no questions thrown his way. He would be playing in bar bands in front of 50 people a night. Why don't you ask Dizzy which career route he would prefer.

""""" the media never gave them a fair review""""---in your world on a "good" review is a "fair" review. I'm so confused though, as all I've heard on this forum for the past couple of years is how GOOD the reviews have been. And the reviews in most of the respected magazines/music sites were pretty positive for the album and shows.

""""most of the media reviewed CD without even listening to it."""--this is a flat out lie. Give me the name of ten major media outlets that reviewed the album without listening to it. You said "most of the media" - so please give us a quick and easy list of 10.

"""Every asshole with a blog felt the need to talk shit.""""""-not only is this a gross exageration, but why would a guy like you - who loves to complain and insult people - want all blogs to be plain vanilla? HTGTH is dying in the wind because you are only allowed to praise and worship Axl. This forum is the most active GnR forum, because it allows people to post whatever they feel. YOU call it talking sh*t, simply because YOU disagree with what they are saying. You don't believe in freedom of speech? Unfortunately for guys like you, not everybody loves Axl and CD. Doesn't mean they are talking crap, it means they are sharing THEIR OPINION.

"""The label even fucked up the release. """---LOL. No. You mean the label that gave Axl 14 years and 15 million dollars????? The label that did tv ads, magazine ads, newspaper ads? They screwed up the release? Even a guy like you who worships everything Axl does can't really believe that statement.

"""The ridiculous amount of cupcake gnr "fans" must be overwhelming and disheartening.""" Again, what are you talking about. 3.5 million people bought CD. Every show in the US draws thousands of fans. They still can headline festivals overseas. This is where I really don't understand people like you and Beta. You guys IGNORE the millions of fans who love Axl and his music and concentrate on the random people who you consider cupcakes or non-fans.

Instead of focusing your efforts and actions on the 3.5 million people who bought the last album, all you can talk about are the few hundred people who have said bad things. I will never understand that mindset.

"""The attacks on TB and Beta is uncalled for"""----You really have drunk the kool-aid. If Beta and her children treated the fans with respect, and they acted PROFESSIONALLY, then people wouldn't react so negatively towards them. I've never heard any bashing of the manager of Metallica or the Rolling Stones. You know why that is???? Think about that.

"""Hmm I wonder why they have an attitude"""---because they aren't competent to handle their job?

"""I wonder why they dont give a shit about a fuckin letter of questions sent to them"""---because they don't care about Axl's fans. That's pretty obvious. They don't care about the millions of people who support Axl. All they care about is the 1% who complain. You'd think they'd concentrate on the 99%.

"""The board members here are not the majority of their fanbase."""---So why should they (and you) care so much about what a few random people on the internet? You might not know this, but they also DO NOT post on HTGTH. Or on their OWN forum. Why is that?

"""They would probably prefer most of us never go to a show or follow the band again.""----your statement is the PROBLEM. Metallica says "our fans are the fifth member of the band. We owe them all of our success." Beta? She complains about the fans. And doesn't want us to follow the band? Wow. I've been a fan since 1987. Have spent thousands of dollars supporting Axl. But because I'm dissapointed Axl has released one album in 20 years and all the failed releases and his management team's unwillingness to give fans an occassional update - then they don't want me to go to any more shows and to stop following the band? Somebody needs to go back to management school. Alienating your fan base means you lose your fans which means you eventually start playing in bars in front of 75 people. That is the sign of a truly great manager. Wow.

""So yeah I guess a lot of us should get the hint and move on.""--feel free to conduct your fandom however you want. You don't dictate what the rest of us should do. I don't follow the band because of Beta and her children. I follow it because of Axl's voice.

You do realize that your constant negative posts and rants against other forum members just ADDS to the negativity. Right?

I can't tell if you are serious or if you are being sarcastic for humor's sake.

""""The band members, crew etc have been harassed since they played the first nugnr show.""""----harrassed, meaning physically assualted, their families live in fear, etc? Or do you mean a few people shouting from the audience or a couple guys on internet music forums saying mean things? Axl has a net worth or what, 50-to-100 million dollars? Lives in a mansion, fancy cars, can bang any chick he wants. Lives like a king. He has millions of fans who love and worship him. If that isn't enough to make-up for 7 guys on an internet forum saying he's out of shape......well, then there are issues way more deep that he needs to work on.

""""From fans yelling Slash at Bucket and Robin"""".......OMG. How could they ever survive that. The horror, the horror. In a show with 15,000 pepole cheering them on, 3 guys yelled "where's Slash" at them. Hopefully they have good psychiatrists to help them deal with this.

""""to Nonstop questions at smaller gigs in Hollywood with Dizzy""""----if Dizzy wasn't in GnR, there would be no media or no questions thrown his way. He would be playing in bar bands in front of 50 people a night. Why don't you ask Dizzy which career route he would prefer.

""""" the media never gave them a fair review""""---in your world on a "good" review is a "fair" review. I'm so confused though, as all I've heard on this forum for the past couple of years is how GOOD the reviews have been. And the reviews in most of the respected magazines/music sites were pretty positive for the album and shows.

""""most of the media reviewed CD without even listening to it."""--this is a flat out lie. Give me the name of ten major media outlets that reviewed the album without listening to it. You said "most of the media" - so please give us a quick and easy list of 10.

"""Every asshole with a blog felt the need to talk shit.""""""-not only is this a gross exageration, but why would a guy like you - who loves to complain and insult people - want all blogs to be plain vanilla? HTGTH is dying in the wind because you are only allowed to praise and worship Axl. This forum is the most active GnR forum, because it allows people to post whatever they feel. YOU call it talking sh*t, simply because YOU disagree with what they are saying. You don't believe in freedom of speech? Unfortunately for guys like you, not everybody loves Axl and CD. Doesn't mean they are talking crap, it means they are sharing THEIR OPINION.

"""The label even fucked up the release. """---LOL. No. You mean the label that gave Axl 14 years and 15 million dollars????? The label that did tv ads, magazine ads, newspaper ads? They screwed up the release? Even a guy like you who worships everything Axl does can't really believe that statement.

"""The ridiculous amount of cupcake gnr "fans" must be overwhelming and disheartening.""" Again, what are you talking about. 3.5 million people bought CD. Every show in the US draws thousands of fans. They still can headline festivals overseas. This is where I really don't understand people like you and Beta. You guys IGNORE the millions of fans who love Axl and his music and concentrate on the random people who you consider cupcakes or non-fans.

Instead of focusing your efforts and actions on the 3.5 million people who bought the last album, all you can talk about are the few hundred people who have said bad things. I will never understand that mindset.

"""The attacks on TB and Beta is uncalled for"""----You really have drunk the kool-aid. If Beta and her children treated the fans with respect, and they acted PROFESSIONALLY, then people wouldn't react so negatively towards them. I've never heard any bashing of the manager of Metallica or the Rolling Stones. You know why that is???? Think about that.

"""Hmm I wonder why they have an attitude"""---because they aren't competent to handle their job?

"""I wonder why they dont give a shit about a fuckin letter of questions sent to them"""---because they don't care about Axl's fans. That's pretty obvious. They don't care about the millions of people who support Axl. All they care about is the 1% who complain. You'd think they'd concentrate on the 99%.

"""The board members here are not the majority of their fanbase."""---So why should they (and you) care so much about what a few random people on the internet? You might not know this, but they also DO NOT post on HTGTH. Or on their OWN forum. Why is that?

"""They would probably prefer most of us never go to a show or follow the band again.""----your statement is the PROBLEM. Metallica says "our fans are the fifth member of the band. We owe them all of our success." Beta? She complains about the fans. And doesn't want us to follow the band? Wow. I've been a fan since 1987. Have spent thousands of dollars supporting Axl. But because I'm dissapointed Axl has released one album in 20 years and all the failed releases and his management team's unwillingness to give fans an occassional update - then they don't want me to go to any more shows and to stop following the band? Somebody needs to go back to management school. Alienating your fan base means you lose your fans which means you eventually start playing in bars in front of 75 people. That is the sign of a truly great manager. Wow.

""So yeah I guess a lot of us should get the hint and move on.""--feel free to conduct your fandom however you want. You don't dictate what the rest of us should do. I don't follow the band because of Beta and her children. I follow it because of Axl's voice.

You do realize that your constant negative posts and rants against other forum members just ADDS to the negativity. Right?

It's amusing how agitated you get :)

I do agree with much of what you wrote but didn't read all of it though.

I mean I'd assume the meeting would be to address the leaks, their effects, and if they have any impact on future release plans. that's what a reasonably run organization would do.

Though unfortunately the conclusions on the leaks have been made, in their eyes it's theft with no positives, and there do not seem to be Angolans to release anything imminently.

Often today if a song leaks, the record company throws out a digital Sinclair only to make money off the situation. It would be interesting if GNR did that, especially since nearly every review for the track has been positive which is something I never thought would happen. Then again I never thought they would record a song like that.

Ultimately what should give fans hope and the band encouragement that it is on to something, regardless of how it got out, is being taken by management to be a crime and a nightmare. Management seems to have even less understanding of the current music industry than the fans do. Instead of making it a positive (which really they sort of did in 2006 by including the new songs in sets) they are making it a PR nightmare.

Granted did we expect anything else?