Fernando's answer *UK SUBS post PG19*

loko

26.gifAfter compiling a lot of data from posts, my hypothesis is that Soul Monster and Ali are like Finckle and Einhorne.

Credit to both of them (Soul Monster and Ali that is) for always keeping the discussions polite and civil. :)

Ali almost always does. But Soulmonster almost always throws in a few insults.

I'm sure they are both nice enough guys in real life. It's just weird how they try and twist almost everything about Axl or the current GnR into a positive or pro light.

It's just weird how they try and twist almost everything about Axl or the current GnR into a positive or pro light.

I've always wondered if one of them has a private peripheral relationship with the band/team, but there's no concrete evidence so I won't suggest such a thing. ;)

Ali could have, SM just likes to "win" on the internet.

Not a lawyer. I just have a vocabulary and point out arguments that IMO are illogical and have spirited discussions.

Ali

All right young missy, I meant no offense. 'Tis my job to ask question after nightfall. There's talk of strange folk abroad. Can't be too careful.

Tom

Going back to Fernando and Team Brazil in general i find it ridiculous that they seem to get upset about how the fans clearly arent happy about how the band is being run and they feel that they are being attacked.

Yes, some of the comments on this board are over the top, however they all stem from the severe lack of communication the band gives to the fans, the severe lack of music and the attitude in general management seem to have towards the fans unless you have an HTGTH attitude where the band can do no wrong.

Take for example Red Hot Chili Peppers, now whether you like them or not is irrelevant to the point im making, but a quick look at their official website shows a band who is being run correctly and catering to the fans. First of all they last released an album in 2011, again whether you like this album or not is irrelevant, but when this album was being recorded they had about 30 - 40 songs, sound familiar? The band released something like a 12 track album at the time and over the past year have released an extra 17 songs via their website that were from these sessions. The songs were released over a period of 12 months and were also made available on vinyl.

A quick look at the site's online stores shows a huge amount of shows that have been recorded from the last years of touring and are all available for download, so imagine Guns doing this the income this could generate. Not only would you get people downloading the gig they went to but also any shows that were deemed special, whether this be certain songs that were played or the length of the setlist etc...

To me this is how a band should be run, it's professional, productive and more importantly there is an abundance of music.

One final point is RHCP were also inducted into the hall of fame, a special EP was released to celebrate this which included some covers of songs and some live tracks, the thought of GNR doing anything close to this is incomprehensible.

At the end of the day people dont come to this site, or any GNR site, to hear about the total lack of news. They are here because they at some point loved or still love this band. The passion for GNR with a lot fans is like following your favourite sports team, you want them to do well and get results. When the management or owners run the team badly and the team isnt getting results and are constantly losing the fans will get angry. They will protest, they will make their feelings known. Not out of spite or because they enjoy it its because they want whats best for the team.

Team Brazil should not be crying their eyes out when a demo of a song leaks and it is getting largely popular reviews from the fans, nor should they be taking personal insults to heart on the Internet. They should be looking at how Guns N' Roses should be run to change the fan perceptions of management.

Sadly i dont see this ever happening and i think management need to take a look at themselves and how Guns N' Roses is being run before attacking or blaming the fans for anything negative.

Edited by FoxySCFC
  • Like 2

26.gifAfter compiling a lot of data from posts, my hypothesis is that Soul Monster and Ali are like Finckle and Einhorne.

Credit to both of them (Soul Monster and Ali that is) for always keeping the discussions polite and civil. :)

I'm sure they are both nice enough guys in real life. It's just weird how they try and twist almost everything about Axl or the current GnR into a positive or pro light.

I have been rather critical about Team Brazil's public relations lately, but as usual this doesn't fit with your distorted world view so you ignore it ;)

It's just weird how they try and twist almost everything about Axl or the current GnR into a positive or pro light.

I've always wondered if one of them has a private peripheral relationship with the band/team, but there's no concrete evidence so I won't suggest such a thing. ;)

I only got a close, private relationship with the music. Thanks for the kind words, though :)

I have been rather critical about Team Brazil's public relations lately, but as usual this doesn't fit with your distorted world view so you ignore it ;)

I gave up arguing with you about Guns n' Roses a looooooooooong time ago! Not because you're right all the time but because you're soooooooooo fucking tenacious that it would inevitably become a war of attrition that I just haven't got the patience for. :lol:

Edited by Dazey

I only got a close, private relationship with the music. Thanks for the kind words, though :)

You're welcome. And BTW you're not the one I've always wondered about. ;)

It's nothing to do with who's management. Axl is the manager. Dig up the quote where he said that guns was his band, and always has been, no one elses - think its from HOF letter.

We never got all those luxury releases of albums and DVD's before Team Brazil became management. What did Doc do for the band? What about Andy & Azoff? None of those guys had any input for the release of Chinese. What did Merck Give us apart from lies to sell tickets back in 2006 "14 tuesdays" and all that? Those guys were the spanners in the works, not Team B.

Azoff sued Axl, before Axl counter sued, it just seems all the managers before Team Brazil did not have the fans or even the bands interest at heart.

Point the finger at Team Brazil all you want but they have spoken to the fans a lot more than any of the others have.

Edited by Axl_morris

Take for example Red Hot Chili Peppers, now whether you like them or not is irrelevant to the point im making, but a quick look at their official website shows a band who is being run correctly and catering to the fans. First of all they last released an album in 2011, again whether you like this album or not is irrelevant, but when this album was being recorded they had about 30 - 40 songs, sound familiar? The band released something like a 12 track album at the time and over the past year have released an extra 17 songs via their website that were from these sessions. The songs were released over a period of 12 months and were also made available on vinyl.

A quick look at the site's online stores shows a huge amount of shows that have been recorded from the last years of touring and are all available for download, so imagine Guns doing this the income this could generate. Not only would you get people downloading the gig they went to but also any shows that were deemed special, whether this be certain songs that were played or the length of the setlist etc...

To me this is how a band should be run, it's professional, productive and more importantly there is an abundance of music.

One final point is RHCP were also inducted into the hall of fame, a special EP was released to celebrate this which included some covers of songs and some live tracks, the thought of GNR doing anything close to this is incomprehensible.

RHCP have consistently released material on a semi-regular basis. They have a lot more clout in the industry than Axl's version of GNR does. That is something they have earned through hard work and commitment. We can blame management till the cows come home, but Axl's the one calling the shots and he has proven time and time again that he is unprofessional, complacent and unmotivated.

Edited by Towelie

RHCP have consistently released material on a semi-regular basis. They have a lot more clout in the industry than Axl's version of GNR does. That is something they have earned through hard work and commitment. We can blame management till the cows come home, but Axl's the one calling the shots and he has proven time and time again that he is unprofessional, complacent and unmotivated.

Not too long ago they put out vinyls of unreleased tracks

I'm a part of a RHCP forum.... and their attitudes are certainly different than here :lol:

Its the fact Guns dont even come close to any of this that infuriates the fans tho, the fact promises are made and not kept. The Vegas DVD a case in point.

You are right tho RHCP do have more clout in the indutry, its just frustrating to see the possibilities that are being explored by other bands. While management seems to think we're out of order because we're not happy the band cant even give us regular updates on the status of the next album.

Axl has to be persuaded, not told what to do. The decisions come from him, not management. They persuade him to agree to livestreams, to interviews, to standing with fans for photos and signing stuff. It's always been "if the mood hits him".

When people tell Axl what to do, he reacts immaturely to it. Should he? Prob. not, when they get up in his creative business and they're not creative themselves, what does their opinion mean to him? You're going to tell Wyland to start painting landscapes and not whales? Tell James Patterson to write romance novels? Tell Shatner how to pronounce "sabotage"? Hey, who wants to be the one to tell DeNiro how to act? Kevin Smith's talked about why Bruce Willis was a dick to him, but he was actually kicking Kevin's ass in a good way if people pay attention to the full story.

It's nothing to do with who's management. Axl is[i/] the manager. Did up the quote where he said that guns was his band, and always has been, no one elses - think its from HOF letter.

We never got all those luxury releases of albums and DVD's before Team Brazil became management. What did Doc do for the band? What about Andy & Azoff? None of those guys had any input for the release of Chinese. What did Merck Give us apart from lies to sell tickets back in 2006 "14 tuesdays" and all that? Those guys were the spanners in the works, not Team B.

Azoff sued Axl, before Axl counter sued, it just seems all the managers before Team Brazil did not have the fans or even the bands interest at heart.

Point the finger at Team Brazil all you want but they have spoken to the fans a lot more than any of the others have.

Azoff negotiated with Interscope and Best Buy for the release of Chinese Democracy. Merck did make mistakes but he certainly was persistent in pursuing Axl for studio time; it did not always work but I respect anyone who tries to get Axl into the studio.

Axl has to be persuaded, not told what to do. The decisions come from him, not management. They persuade him to agree to livestreams, to interviews, to standing with fans for photos and signing stuff. It's always been "if the mood hits him". When people tell Axl what to do, he reacts immaturely to it. Should he? Prob. not, when they get up in his creative business and they're not creative themselves, what does their opinion mean to him? You're going to tell Wyland to start painting landscapes and not whales? Tell James Patterson to write romance novels? Tell Shatner how to pronounce "sabotage"? Hey, who wants to be the one to tell DeNiro how to act? Kevin Smith's talked about why Bruce Willis was a dick to him, but he was actually kicking Kevin's ass in a good way if people pay attention to the full story.

If he supposedly can't be told what to do by management explain how he didn't know about the TMS interview until management sprung it on him.

• Like 1

Axl has to be persuaded, not told what to do. The decisions come from him, not management. They persuade him to agree to livestreams, to interviews, to standing with fans for photos and signing stuff. It's always been "if the mood hits him". When people tell Axl what to do, he reacts immaturely to it. Should he? Prob. not, when they get up in his creative business and they're not creative themselves, what does their opinion mean to him? You're going to tell Wyland to start painting landscapes and not whales? Tell James Patterson to write romance novels? Tell Shatner how to pronounce "sabotage"? Hey, who wants to be the one to tell DeNiro how to act? Kevin Smith's talked about why Bruce Willis was a dick to him, but he was actually kicking Kevin's ass in a good way if people pay attention to the full story.

If he supposedly can't be told what to do by management explain how he didn't know about the TMS interview until management sprung it on him.

Daria, haven't you notice that nothing is set in stone with the group on here that defend's Axl's and Beta's every move? Every story and situation is defended in a way that will make Axl look like he isn't at fault. or to portray him in the best light possible.

It's not Beta's fault that the management of the band has been such a trainwreck the past few years.

So that means it is Axl's fault?

Well, no no no, That's not what they mean by defending Beta. Hmmm.

Well whose fault is it then, if it isn't Beta's fault and it isn't Axl's fault?

Slash. Jimmy Iovine. The label. Fans full of entitlement issues. Lawyers. Producers. Axl's step-father. Stephanie and Erin. The teachers at his high school. Native indians from a past life. DJas at radio stations.

The sad thing is you see that type of "logic" in every topic on here.

Oh, four different women have accused Axl of physically beating them.

But none of them were his fault.

He wasn't convicted, he only paid 1.4 million to avoid court (to prove his innocence), those women were crazy, they deserved it, Axl was abused as a child, Slash, Erin was abusive towards Axl in a past life 500 years ago, the list goes on.

Do you think these people think/dream that Axl or Beta (or maybe fernando or dell or jarmo) is going to PM them and they'll become bff's if they defend and worship Axl's every move? Is that their end game goal? A PM from Axl?

• Like 2

Daria, haven't you notice that nothing is set in stone with the group on here that defend's Axl's and Beta's every move? Every story and situation is defended in a way that will make Axl look like he isn't at fault. or to portray him in the best light possible.

It's not Beta's fault that the management of the band has been such a trainwreck the past few years.

So that means it is Axl's fault?

Well, no no no, That's not what they mean by defending Beta. Hmmm.

Well whose fault is it then, if it isn't Beta's fault and it isn't Axl's fault?

Slash. Jimmy Iovine. The label. Fans full of entitlement issues. Lawyers. Producers. Axl's step-father. Stephanie and Erin. The teachers at his high school. Native indians from a past life. DJas at radio stations.

The sad thing is you see that type of "logic" in every topic on here.

Oh, four different women have accused Axl of physically beating them.

But none of them were his fault.

He wasn't convicted, he only paid 1.4 million to avoid court (to prove his innocence), those women were crazy, they deserved it, Axl was abused as a child, Slash, Erin was abusive towards Axl in a past life 500 years ago, the list goes on.

Do you think these people think/dream that Axl or Beta (or maybe fernando or dell or jarmo) is going to PM them and they'll become bff's if they defend and worship Axl's every move? Is that their end game goal? A PM from Axl?

Like Jarmo said the other day everything around this band happens for a reason ans he accepts those reasons and respects the band's decisions :vomit: . This was in response to someone asking he ever disapproves ANY mistakes done by the band (management / Axl) as as humans they are bound to mistakes at some point of their lives, right?.

Cheesecake.........wow. Celebrity worship is CREEPY and weird.

The sad thing is that these people think they are gaining points with the celeb, but I'd bet most of the time the worshipped celeb probably laughs at how ridiculous they are.

I guess you see it in all walks of life now days though. I coach a lot of youth sports and almost every year there is one kid whose parents think does no wrong. Bad grades at school -teachers fault. Suspended from school - mean principal. Kicked out of boys-girls club - mean administers. Arrested by police - they are harrasing her child for no reason. Sent home from basketball practice - it's because I'm picking on her son. NOT because he refused to run laps with the team and then told me to go f*ck myself. That's irrelevent to the point. Her little Johnny would only resort to that behavior if we all were picking on him.

So it's not surprising to see people act like this around Axl. It's just weird to see adults doing it towards some celebrity they idolize.

And WOW. I'm not a big RHCP fan, but dang. Axl and Beta/her children could learn a LOT from them.

Somebody should send Beta and Fernando a link to their website with the message "this is a band that cares about their fans."