True Detective - HBO series [SUPER, INSANELY, LITHIUM-ESQUE, HEAVY SPOILERS. PS: There are spoilers in this thread]

Nobodys_Fault

This is what is says on IMDB:

Two detectives, Rust Cohle and Martin Hart, lives become entangled during a 17-year hunt for a serial killer in Louisiana.

No mention of either Woody or Matt McC

They're in the trailer. :huh:

Obviously. I just posted that because I found it odd that is wan't there. I quoted what seems to be the story of the show since you had no idea what it was about other than the trailer.

This is what is says on IMDB:

Two detectives, Rust Cohle and Martin Hart, lives become entangled during a 17-year hunt for a serial killer in Louisiana.

No mention of either Woody or Matt McC

They're in the trailer. :huh:

Obviously. I just posted that because I found it odd that is wan't there. I quoted what seems to be the story of the show since you had no idea what it was about other than the trailer.

My bad, thought you were implying they weren't in it. :lol:

McConaughey is really on a roll. I've become such a fan of his in the last year or two. He stole the show in Magic Mike, then he had Mud, Bernie, The Paperboy and Killer Joe -- all really good films imo, and he also popped up and stole scenes in Eastbound and Down.

This looks great, and at the end of the year he's playing an AIDS victim in Dallas Buyers Club which early reviews are raving about and claim is likely to earn him an Oscar nom. Then, next year he's the lead in Chris Nolan's sci-fi epic Interstellar.

Talk about a comeback! I mean, not five years ago he had been relegated to straight-to-DVD films (Surfer, Dude) and romantic comedy dreck. So glad to see him salvage his career.

McConaughey is really on a roll. I've become such a fan of his in the last year or two. He stole the show in Magic Mike, then he had Mud, Bernie, The Paperboy and Killer Joe -- all really good films imo, and he also popped up and stole scenes in Eastbound and Down.

This looks great, and at the end of the year he's playing an AIDS victim in Dallas Buyers Club which early reviews are raving about and claim is likely to earn him an Oscar nom. Then, next year he's the lead in Chris Nolan's sci-fi epic Interstellar.

Talk about a comeback! I mean, not five years ago he had been relegated to straight-to-DVD films (Surfer, Dude) and romantic comedy dreck. So glad to see him salvage his career.

He completely steals the Wolf of Wall Street trailer, too.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Still blown away by McConaughey's performance in the first episode. Dude has some serious chops and have never seen this side of his acting before. May be his best work if this show pans out successfully.

Woody Harrelson is no slouch either.

• Like 1

Still blown away by McConaughey's performance in the first episode. Dude has some serious chops and have never seen this side of his acting before. May be his best work if this show pans out successfully.

Woody Harrelson is no slouch either.

Indeed, he was great as well. Coming into the series, the hype was supposed to be around how great the acting is and Woody plays a great role as well. I just think McConaughey is a clear stand-out here.

• Like 1

McConaughey definitely stole the first episode. Lots of mystery surrounding his character. He's on a career roll. But it's great to see Harrelson go toe to toe with him. He's incredibly underrated himself. All around, it was a great first episode. Only bad thing is that it's only 8 eps and next season (if there is one) it will be a different cast. I'd love to see these guys have more time together.

• Like 1

Looks good from the trailer and an interesting idea about changing the cast per season. I think they should have done that with homeland because it's come to a grinding halt after 3 seasons, while it's competitors run for about 5-8 seasons.

However I can no longer get into TV on a weekly basis, it does my head in waiting a week. I'll wait till it's on netflix. I'm getting into prison break now and I struggle to turn it off.