Slash's Third Album - "World On Fire"

ZoSoRose

I just heard bent to fly on triple m, a sydney based rock radio station 104.9fm

overall review.. meh.. was not inspiring at all.. VERY generic..

wish i wasn't writing this, but i was expecting much more than this..

his other song though, world on fire is really good.

So strange that Triple M is playing Bent To Fly, as I've yet to hear World On Fire get played, but now they're playing another unreleased tune instead... which one is supposed to be the single...? :lol:

I like that slash2baz is comparing it to Back From Cali too, as I loved that tune and was hoping for more in that same style! :headbang:

• Like 1

I just heard bent to fly on triple m, a sydney based rock radio station 104.9fm

overall review.. meh.. was not inspiring at all.. VERY generic..

wish i wasn't writing this, but i was expecting much more than this..

his other song though, world on fire is really good.

So strange that Triple M is playing Bent To Fly, as I've yet to hear World On Fire get played, but now they're playing another unreleased tune instead... which one is supposed to be the single...? :lol:

I like that slash2baz is comparing it to Back From Cali too, as I loved that tune and was hoping for more in that same style! :headbang:

Just my 2 cents... check out the riff at the very end of the webisode 5 and you got it... hey shhhhhhh ! ;)

• Like 1

Hmmmm, found this in one of the many forums, I frequent. Pretty interesting to see.

iMw4fn1yGYPEy.jpg

@todddammitkerns: "Conspirators assembllllllle!!! Let Rock Rule rehearsal day one"
5:22PM Eastern Time, 06/27/14

@todddammitkerns: "@taylorhawkins just sang Night Train with Slash & the Conspirators at rehearsal. What a blast @foofighters"
5:47PM Eastern Time, 06/27/14

iLBiMM86N5t57.jpg

@todddammitkerns: "Slash Featuring Taylor Hawkins And The Conspirators! Filling in for Myles! @taylorhawkins @foofighters"
6:11PM Eastern Time, 06/27/14
Edited by Anguyen92

Guest Gunns

Yeah I'm not listening to some Australian Nobody puts baby in a corner radio station all day to try and hear a Slash song a week early.

Get the fuck out, triple m for the most part is a great station!

• Like 1

Guest Gunns

Bq1c4rJCMAEQ3sX.jpg

Saw this (possible) acoustic setlist on Twitter -- awesome if true!

Also -- can't believe none of you Aussie fans have posted a rip of 'Bent to Fly' yet. You guys are slipping! :lol:

I didn't want to be a slash and impede on the success of his release (like what he did with rockfuel) :lol:

Bq1c4rJCMAEQ3sX.jpg

Saw this (possible) acoustic setlist on Twitter -- awesome if true!

Also -- can't believe none of you Aussie fans have posted a rip of 'Bent to Fly' yet. You guys are slipping! :lol:

Not sure about the setlist. Slash and the guys were supposed to play something secret in L.A but Myles was still in Europe... wait and see ;)

Yeah I'm not listening to some Australian Nobody puts baby in a corner radio station all day to try and hear a Slash song a week early.

While I would usually tell you to fuck off for being such an arrogant dick by saying something like that...

I've actually been listening to the station a fair bit the last few days, and while Triple M is usually not too bad with what they play, they've been pissing me off by playing the shit out of new fucking Coldplay songs who are fucking shit, and NOT rock.

And I haven't heard any new Slash, not World On Fire, not Bent To Fly.

So, maybe your "Nobody puts baby in a corner" term ain't too far off.

Still an arrogant thing to say though.... :lol:

Guest Gunns

While I would usually tell you to fuck off for being such an arrogant dick by saying something like that...

I've actually been listening to the station a fair bit the last few days, and while Triple M is usually not too bad with what they play, they've been pissing me off by playing the shit out of new fucking Coldplay songs who are fucking shit, and NOT rock.

And I haven't heard any new Slash, not World On Fire, not Bent To Fly.

So, maybe your "Nobody puts baby in a corner" term ain't too far off.

Still an arrogant thing to say though.... :lol:

I listen to it mainly for the Grill team and the old classics, but I agree lately its been quiet shit.

Edited by Gunns
  • Like 1