Star Wars-The Force Awakens Thread (Contains Spoilers)

Georgy Zhukov

Rumour going round that the Boba Fett film will begin with the Boba Fett from Episode 2 aka Clone Fett getting killed, someone stealing his armour and becoming the Fett from Empire.

gay-seal-gif.gif

That also goes against Lucas changing the dialogue of Fett in Empire to Temuera Morrison.

Edited by luciusfunk

Lucas reminds me of Axl in a lot of ways because, you have to remember, Lucas started out wanting to make films, art house avant-garde films like THX. And then he went onto American Graffiti (which I think is his best film) then Star Wars then that is it: the Star Wars franchise took over his life. The years between ROJ and TPM, he basically sat on his arse waiting for CGI technology to arrive (yes, he produced Howard the Duck, Ewoks etc. but I am talking about directing). Also, he has basically resigned from being a filmmaker and just spends his time widdling with the original trilogy, adding extra digital aliens to the Empire Strikes Back etc. It is like Axl now. He has been beaten by his own project, Chinese Democracy, and now has resigned as a creative force. Also, he spent ten years adding beeps and farts to that album, tinkering with songs which were perfectly good originally - as we know from the demos - until they were effectively a mess of overdubs.

• Like 1

Vader shouting NOOOOOO before he chucks the Emperor down the shaft has to be the worst offender.

Just youtubed that hoping you were joking. You weren't.

And putting Hayden fucking Christensen as a ghost at the end of Jedi is absurd, Anakin was kept alive in the suit which is why he aged. When he died his ghost should resemble how old he was when he died and in the original Jedi his ghost did just that, instead Lucas decides he wants to tinker more and changes details which were fine before.

• Like 1

The only change he made that I have a problem with is the celebration song with the Ewoks after the Death Star blew up in ROTJ.

that was one of the few changes I liked.

As far as the Axl and Lucas comparisons go, I have also noticed that they've had a lot in common over the years. The difference is that Lucas eventually grew up and realized he wasn't fit enough to write or direct Star Wars anymore so he allowed it to be passed on to a new generation of writers and filmmakers as he retired.

Axl's parallel to this would be if he were to someday realize that he's not fit to be a performer anymore and retire both GN'R and his career while allowing old GN'R tunes to be authorized in stuff more often so that people can keep remembering classic GN'R for being as great as it was.

Take what Carrie says with a grain of salt... I am 90% sure they are in it but there still has not been an official confirmation. Maybe we will find something during Mark Hamill's Reddit ama in an hour... I hope so, at least.

And most of the changes suck, like Greedo and my least favorite, that fucking stupid song in Return of the Jedi at Jabba's palace, and Veder's "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOs" on the second Death Star. I didn't hate the revised ROTJ ending as much though

• Like 1