Star Wars-The Force Awakens Thread (Contains Spoilers)

Georgy Zhukov

Meh, i'll hold out judgement until the movie. Lots of times unusual castings turn out great. But I don't think this is that unusual. I can see Driver as being quite menacing as a Star Wars villain. He's got the look and size for it.

You're right. I was just hoping for cumberbatch but this could be cool. Add long as it isn't some teen heart throb

Fuck cumberbatch

He's one of the best around and you take that back, bitch.

He's a great actor, no doubt, but other than his voice, he's not much to look at in the villain department. I suppose makeup and CGI could fix that, but look at Driver than at Cumberbatch and tell me honestly, from a visual standpoint, who would make a better Star Wars villain.

• 2 weeks later...

I really thought the lead was going to be a female this time around, but it's looking less and less likely.

We've seen six movies of male Jedi's, I was sure they were going to shake up the formula by making Luke's daughter the central character.

I bet one of the rumored twins will be female and will have a big role

Fuck it though, I'm going dark until an official announcement. This is all just ridiculous that we have nothing yet

A couple of things confirmed today by the official Star Wars website:

-shooting starts in May

-the movie will take place exactly 30 years after Return of the Jedi

-the story will focus on a trio of new, young leads alongside "some very familiar faces" (which obviously means the old trio)

EDIT: link to official statement: http://starwars.com/news/star-wars-episode-vii-set-to-roll-cameras-may-2014.html

Edited by rocknroll41

Has Carrie Fisher been confirmed as returning? Don't get me wrong, I loved her as Princess Lea, and tbh she was hotter in ROTJ than Natalie Portman was and is, imo of course. But having said all that, she kinda comes across as one of those older women who were rode hard and left out wet, if you know what I mean. I have complete faith in Harrison Ford and Mark Hamill's ability in 2014, but Carrie Fisher does leave me a little concerned. I'm not sure that 2014 Carrie Fisher can portray Princess Lea properly. Not that I'm in favor of recasting an iconic character, but I would hate to see her ruin the character or the films because she comes across like an old battle horse that has been chain smoking and fucking everything in the universe for the past 30 years. Does anyone else have these concerns?

• Like 1

Has Carrie Fisher been confirmed as returning? Don't get me wrong, I loved her as Princess Lea, and tbh she was hotter in ROTJ than Natalie Portman was and is, imo of course. But having said all that, she kinda comes across as one of those older women who were rode hard and left out wet, if you know what I mean. I have complete faith in Harrison Ford and Mark Hamill's ability in 2014, but Carrie Fisher does leave me a little concerned. I'm not sure that 2014 Carrie Fisher can portray Princess Lea properly. Not that I'm in favor of recasting an iconic character, but I would hate to see her ruin the character or the films because she comes across like an old battle horse that has been chain smoking and fucking everything in the universe for the past 30 years. Does anyone else have these concerns?

Not a bad idea for one of the spinoff films.

• Like 1

lmao

Is it just me, or is this one of the few times that an off screen death of a character might be warranted? Hell they could say she died in child birth, just like her mom. I would rather have that, than the old battle horse. But hopefully she pulls it off. I'm rooting for ya Carrie, just don't let me down.

Edited by Mike420

She has confirmed herself that she, Mark, and Harrison are going to the UK in April to start working on the film and that she herself will be there for 6 months

Edited by rocknroll41

I laughed my ass off reading that :rofl-lol:

• Like 1

Not having any luck on eBay. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement box for the saga on blu ray? My son colored all over the box with a black marker.

What if you sent an e-mail to Fox regarding a replacement? Most film companies are pretty good when it comes to replacing discs for a variety of reasons so if you aren't turning up anything on eBay and don't want to purchase another copy of the set just to have a new case then contacting them directly might be the best option. If they do it for discs, I don't see why the case/artwork isn't possible.