How much of the antipathy towards DJ is because of his style?

saber_

I liked DJ's enthusiasm when he first started with GNR however I find his guitar playing to be not anywhere near the other members in GNR and his gimmicks have become just old and silly.

I dont care about how he looks, I do care about his unremarkable guitar playing

News flash: Most rock fans don't like clones.

Slash is kind of a clone of Joe Perry, Jimmy Page, Brian May?

I think it's that Dj is a replacement clone. but he's more Crüe, which some Guns fans thought are are better than that. Not a hair metal band. It's closer to home, slightly gayer. NIN Robin is different enough to not pluck that string.

I don't I quite like him. I've seen him 4 times with GnR and I think he's a good guitar player. I think he tried a bit too hard to be a "Rock Star" when he's a bit too much of a nice guy for that.

I'm not overly keep on the constant self promotion but we all got to make a living I suppose.

Anyway, I just wanted to point out that we don't all hate him.

DJ's style is annoying sure, but it wouldn't be half as annoying if he were ripping it up on stage. I mean dear god most of us were cool with a guy in a bucket and a rain coat. When Robin sounded weird (read: bad) on songs, it at least was a conscious decision. DJ is just incompetent.

I like his work on the heroin diaries... Nothing special but not terrible. He just can't capture the feel of robins solos at all. Sometimes he does slash a little justice.. Some of his estranged parts seemed decent other times he just sounds drunk. Inconsistent is an understatement.. Hits more brown notes a concert than Richard and Bumble have in their entire career with gnr

It kind of reminds me of when Robin was in the band..He got so much hate from people on the forum, now it seems like 95% of the people on here want him back..Funny how this place works..

Right!? I was amazed when I started coming here and saw the love the 2002-06 era players get. I clearly remember the GNR Forum world being very hostile towards the new band in the past. Though, in fairness, I think Finck grew on people a little bit.

Hate is too strong of a word. I'd love him if he left GN'R.

I wouldn't. But I would love GnR more if he left GnR.
That's where we differ. I'd send him flowers and shit.
I'd consider sending him shit. But certainly not flowers.
Feel free to send him whatever your heart desires. Makes no difference to me.

I don't think he's a bad guitarist, I actually think he's good. It's his personality and look that I don't like. I don't like his attitude, for some reason, never met him, but he comes across as kind of self absorbed. As far as his look goes, I can't stand the whole emo/goth look.... Richard kind of has it, but it isn't bad. Dj's is full on goth.

I wouldn't be more accepting. His style is just the icing on his suck cake. If he weren't such a poser, he'd still have no contributions to GNR, and he'd still be fucking up a good number of his parts during shows, and he'd still be a musician far below the caliber of those you'd hope Axl would be working with.

How would you feel if Axl dumped DJ, Pittman and Dizzy. Took the rest of the guys to the studio for a few months and they released a straight forward rock n roll album. Not years of tinkering, re-recording, layering - just wrote, recorded and released an album within a year.
Fuck yes to this.

I don't I quite like him. I've seen him 4 times with GnR and I think he's a good guitar player. I think he tried a bit too hard to be a "Rock Star" when he's a bit too much of a nice guy for that.

I'm not overly keep on the constant self promotion but we all got to make a living I suppose.

Anyway, I just wanted to point out that we don't all hate him.

He Hayes the word rock star. He's more of an entrepreneur