April 23rd, 2014 - Golden Gods - Los Angeles, CA - Axl receives "Ronnie James Dio Lifetime Achievement Award"

Happy Birthday to me, I'll get the Axl Rose Disaster: Part 3! :lol:

God I hope they don't play Sweet Child...

Jungle

New song Axl sees Slash in the crowd

Paradise Riot

Round 2!!!

;)

Has it been confirmed how long they'll play? I thought it was around 20 minutes... I think CD/Jungle/Better or TIL/PC is the most likely. Add SCOM if they have time.

Aren't you turning 21, or is it 22? At least now you'll be able to legally drown your sorrows in booze.

21, and the drinking age in Canada is 19 ;)

Haha are you kidding me a riot would be great at an award show!! Would probably be the most press gnr got in years lol

Hmm no idea on the time I'd really like it if they played Better or TIL (rather it be better) that be cool

Maybe- jungle better new song PC -I feel like jungle as opener and PC closing is for sure

Ah right, it's Vegas you'll be able to legally drink at for the first time.

What's the deal with those LCBOs? I find it so weird you can only get booze from a government-owned chain.

I bought some Colt 45 from one in Toronto because Lando Calrissian told me to. It tasted like warm cat piss.

;)

Has it been confirmed how long they'll play? I thought it was around 20 minutes... I think CD/Jungle/Better or TIL/PC is the most likely. Add SCOM if they have time.

yeah its around 20-25 minutes. Almost every band that performs that night plays a cover or two with guest so I see it being

CD

Jungle

Cover w/ Guest

PC w/ Guest

• Like 1

;)

yeah its around 20-25 minutes. Almost every band that performs that night plays a cover or two with guest so I see it being

CD

Jungle

Cover w/ Guest

PC w/ Guest

There will be no covers. If there is a guest it will be Duff.

;)

CD

Jungle

Cover w/ Guest

PC w/ Guest

Interesting, maybe Zakk gets up there

After striking out with the SA shows, this is another great chance for GnR to drum up some really positive buzz.

Axl should be in great shape by then.

1 Jungle

2 The BEST new song that we haven't heard yet. If there is a song that Axl thinks is his next Nov Rain or SCOM, debut it right here. But it has to be the top song they have.

3 Cover of a Dio song, with guest performer. Or some real kick-ass song that gets people really rocking.

4 TWAT

5 Paradise City

That's what I'd do if I was running the band!

Edited by Groghan

Do we have any idea how long they will be able to play? Assuming they will be limited to a handful of songs, they should go for a set that is consistently up-tempo. November Rain or Estranged will kill any momentum they build.

1. Chinese Democracy

2. Welcome to the Jungle

3. Better

4. Civil War

5. Sweet Child O' Mine

After striking out with the SA shows, this is another great chance for GnR to drum up some really positive buzz.

Axl should be in great shape by then.

1 Jungle

2 The BEST new song that we haven't heard yet. If there is a song that Axl thinks is his next Nov Rain or SCOM, debut it right here. But it has to be the top song they have.

3 Cover of a Dio song, with guest performer. Or some real kick-ass song that gets people really rocking.

4 TWAT

5 Paradise City

That's what I'd do if I was running the band!

Dio and TWAT beforehand will ensure the perfect Paradise City outro.

Unless it was 2006, TWAT would probably be a bad choice for Axl to do live for a recorded broadcast.

Very much this. I would love it more then anything if he came out and nailed it but I'm sure Ax knows it's too risky and he'd have to get real real lucky to be on enough to pull it off..

I want a good clean show from Ax cuz I know the band is gona bring it

Topped off with a new song this would be what were all waiting for and we can change NGOGs thread to "All Hail Master NGOG"

SCOM will be the only song they'll play... or WTTJ. Alternatively, they'll perform a medley like "they" did at VMA.

Edit: Happy birthday, bud!

Considering this will be recorded plus have a good number of industry people watching along with regular fans if he doesn't bring his A game we can assume something is seriously amiss. The band I expect will be especially on form.

Taking into account all the factors you mentioned, this is not going to end well. :lol:

Edited by Scumcat Esq.
  • Like 1

I think Axl will attend this award show. I don't think he would want to snub any award that has Ronnie James Dio's name associated with it. It would be insulting and I don't think Axl would want to do that.

As for performing, if GNR do, it'll probably be the hits that all the fans know and love.

Axl should realize this is a big honor so he better not screw it up by not attending.

I think Axl will attend this award show. I don't think he would want to snub any award that has Ronnie James Dio's name associated with it. It would be insulting and I don't think Axl would want to do that.

As for performing, if GNR do, it'll probably be the hits that all the fans know and love.

Axl should realize this is a big honor so he better not screw it up by not attending.

Sure he will. :lol: Guns N' Roses is to perform there along with Korn, Jett and The Pretty Reckless. There're no ifs.

• Like 1