April 23rd, 2014 - Golden Gods - Los Angeles, CA - Axl receives "Ronnie James Dio Lifetime Achievement Award"

Axl will be a massive hypocrite if he accepts this individual award but refused to accept/acknowledge the RRHOF induction. Everything he has achieved is based on the success of the old band. It has nothing to do with post 1993 GnR so for him to get his as an individual is a joke.

How? he didn't do the RHOF for many reasons but it wasn't because he wasn't proud of his back catalogue or past achievements. He has every right to accept this award. I really don't see your point.

so 5 songs…..

my guess is he will play it safe.no surprises.

Axl does not deserve the Dio award in the first place and whoever handles it to him

should know their history about Ronnie James Dio.

he would never have picked Axl for a price.

if it's easily available online i will of course watch but if it's pay money,fuck you.

That's right, it is actually an insult to Axl to accept an award that is named after somebody on a lower level and is only spoke of highly these days because he passed away.

what the hell are you talking about, DIO has always been talked about in high regard. Where have you been? maybe you're joking.

The awards an honor, Ronnie was a fantastic singer, a great guy and his achievements were many... for Axl to get this is a great thing and I think he deserves it, even if his recent output has been thin on the ground.

so 5 songs..

Axl does not deserve the Dio award in the first place and whoever handles it to him

if it's easily available online i will of course watch but if it's pay money,fuck you.

That's right, it is actually an insult to Axl to accept an award that is named after somebody on a lower level and is only spoke of highly these days because he passed away.

Huh...

Has anyone watched/been to any of these shows before? How many songs does the headliner get? I seen 5 mentioned, is that about right? hmnn... with positive thinking i'd like it to go something like ... open with Chinese Democracy, followed by Jungle, My Michelle (with Bach) or Better, NEW SONG then end on Paradise CIty... I'd avoid SCOM, the fact that DJ has to let Bumble take over that is too embarrassing for non-GNR fans to see, and no covers please.

P.S. I personally wouldn't have My Michelle in my top 5 songs to play, hence why I added Better, but don't think a collaboration with Bach at something like this would be a bad thing, Bach also has a new album out around that time so it could work out well.

Axl will be a massive hypocrite if he accepts this individual award but refused to accept/acknowledge the RRHOF induction. Everything he has achieved is based on the success of the old band. It has nothing to do with post 1993 GnR so for him to get his as an individual is a joke.

Lol Axl being a hypocrite is nothing new. Did you forget when he said "it is disgusting when bands charge fans to meet them"?????

Or when he said he couldn't ever imagine being the type of artist that just played the same old hits every show and didn't move forward creatively as a band?

How? he didn't do the RHOF for many reasons but it wasn't because he wasn't proud of his back catalogue or past achievements. He has every right to accept this award. I really don't see your point.

so 5 songs…..

what the hell are you talking about, DIO has always been talked about in high regard. Where have you been? maybe you're joking.

The awards an honor, Ronnie was a fantastic singer, a great guy and his achievements were many... for Axl to get this is a great thing and I think he deserves it, even if his recent output has been thin on the ground.

Not to mention Ronnie will always be 10 times the human being Axl Rose is or has ever been.

so 5 songs..

Not to mention Ronnie will always be 10 times the human being Axl Rose is or has ever been.
Whatever that means.

Overall, I'm looking forward to this. My optimism is going to go away if they don't have strong live showings prior though.

Me too. It could be a really cool event and it gives Axl a great opportunity to do something really positive for GnR.

Whatever that means.
It means Axl can be a dick. Not sure that required a code key.
I see you can be one too.

Will Slash be there??? :slash:

"Guitar in hand"

Do we know who is hosting/presenting the award yet? I know Chris Jericho has hosted the past few years, and man, I'd kill to see him and Axl on the same stage.

No idea, but my guess is Y2J wouldn't be picked because of the stories he was telling about the Eddie Trunk interview in 06.

Do we know who is hosting/presenting the award yet? I know Chris Jericho has hosted the past few years, and man, I'd kill to see him and Axl on the same stage.

No idea, but my guess is Y2J wouldn't be picked because of the stories he was telling about the Eddie Trunk interview in 06.

What did he say about that?

I can't remember all the specific details but I remember he said something about Axl having sent in people to "read the room" or "check the air" before he would enter or something like that. I know I saw a comment from Beta somewhere that denied it and sounded pretty upset towards Jericho over it.

I can't remember all the specific details but I remember he said something about Axl having sent in people to "read the room" or "check the air" before he would enter or something like that. I know I saw a comment from Beta somewhere that denied it and sounded pretty upset towards Jericho over it.

When a friend makes a smart ass comment and fans take it at face value, management has to put out fires. That's what happens when you become known as an eccentric, no rumor is too bizarre at that point.

Steven Tyler,of all people,should know that Axl does not deserve this or any other award

from revolver.

he's what,65 years old?

he's been around.

hypocrites all of them.

It's a magazine award, not a Nobel prize.

Do people really believe Axl really qualifies for this award? Guns ruled the rock world for 4 or 5 years back in the day but Axl has been pretty irrelevant since. Seriously, what has he really accomplished since? One flop album in 20 years? Alot of people do that.

I am not trying to start a fight here either. That was just the first thing that popped into my head when I saw this. It is just odd.

Edited by Tom-Ass