April 23rd, 2014 - Golden Gods - Los Angeles, CA - Axl receives "Ronnie James Dio Lifetime Achievement Award"

and Axl's not scared of Slash, he hates him and would rather just avoid him ... big difference

When you're being awarded but you decide not to attend because a person you used to know could be there, then yes, you're scared.

I wouldn't care, I would go up there and receive my award and I would even perform in my former friend's face. I hate him, I'm not scared of him. Big difference.

and Axl's not scared of Slash, he hates him and would rather just avoid him ... big difference

When you're being awarded but you decide not to attend because a person you used to know could be there, then yes, you're scared.

I wouldn't care, I would go up there and receive my award and I would even perform in my former friend's face. I hate him, I'm not scared of him. Big difference.

Not really... if that's how you would handle it great, but some people when they hate someone they do anything to avoid that person

Avoiding someone and the drama is not the same as fear. BIG DIFFERENCE

Not like Axl's gonna gain much by going anyways

Oh it does a lot further than "would rather just avoid him". :lol:

It's irrational anger yes... but not fear

Not really... if that's how you would handle it great, but some people when they hate someone they do anything to avoid that person

Yes really. You could avoid someone you hate, but you should never stop going where you want to go just because that person might be there. That's fear.

The award itself is shit, but it's an award after all and if Axl wants to show up, then he should, no matter who is going to be there.

Is it so hard to understand he wants nothing to do with this former member and has moved on with HIS band?

Because it was much better when it was THEIR band.

VERY debatable statement.

Not very and certainly not debatable at all.

It was their band, that's why Axl had to ask for the name. Whether Slash and Duff were dumb enough to sign it away, that's another story. Fact is, Guns N' Roses was their band until Axl dissolved the patternship. :shrugs:

Yes really. You could avoid someone you hate, but you should never stop going where you want to go just because that person might be there. That's fear.

The award itself is shit, but it's an award after all and if Axl wants to show up, then he should, no matter who is going to be there.

I'd say it's irrational hatred, not fear

It's not like Slash is gonna fuck him up , Slash is too grown for that :lol:

It's not like Slash is gonna fuck him up , Slash is too grown for that :lol:

Right? It's not like when they see each other they're going to fight until one of them is dead.

I honestly think that if Axl wants to show up he definitely should - with or without Slash in the building. Axl never gets an award for anything so this is great, no matter how you look at it.

• Like 1

Is it so hard to understand he wants nothing to do with this former member and has moved on with HIS band?

It was their band, that's why Axl had to ask for the name. Whether Slash and Duff were dumb enough to sign it away, that's another story. Fact is, Guns N' Roses was their band until Axl dissolved the patternship. :shrugs:

It was always their band but the name of the band always belonged to axl, they never signed it because they were friends, when shit began to fall apart axl thought it was better to put on paper what already existed as a verbal agreement among friends. Simply enough 4 you ?

It was always their band but the name of the band always belonged to axl, they never signed it because they were friends, when shit began to fall apart axl thought it was better to put on paper what already existed as a verbal agreement among friends. Simply enough 4 you ?

Axl came up with the name, yes, but it wasn't his band. When he asked for the name he gained full possession of the name (rightfully so) and full control over the band (debatable). The name is just a name, a brand, but the band - although named the same - was another entity.

I hope that's clear for you.

Axl came up with the name, yes, but it wasn't his band. When he asked for the name he gained full possession of the name (rightfully so) and full control over the band (debatable). The name is just a name, a brand, but the band - although named the same - was another entity.

I hope that's clear for you.

If the signed agreement didn't alter the structure of legal control of the band, all of the partners had an equal share in its control. This is speaking legally, of course, but I don't know enough about the social structure of the band to speak to control issues.

How is that debatable?

Appetite - 25 million copies sold, generally considered one of the ten best rock albums of all time

Lies - one of the best rock EPs every released.

Illusions - sold 17 million copies each, debuted at 1 and 2 on the charts

Their tours broke world records. They played to 30,000 people a night.

That band produced icon albums and songs - Jungle, SCOM, PC, Nov Rain amongst many other hits.

Even current band members wouldn't agree with you.

I know you love the current band. And that's awesome. I love them as well. But to say that GnR is a better band from 1996-2014 than they were from 1986-1993..........it just makes no sense. And I would bet money that DJ, Tommy, BBF, Richard would say that you were wrong.

And why use the "guitar in hand" comment about Slash? That's something that never happened before, so using it as an insult is just childish and petty.

Edited by Groghan
  • Like 1

If however, Axl could even sit in the same room as Slash, it would at least prove that Axl has progressed from the mental and emotional age of a two year old toddler (his normal psychological state) to something more approaching, a grown adult.

Stop being a desperate "fan"

Axl has no mental disorder as far as we are concerned. Nobody even knows the fuckin' guy let alone his "mental state"

Do you consider Axl's obsession with Slash to be, normal behaviour? Axl sued a computer game because it featured a graphic of the guitarist who played on the songs that were featured. Axl read the autobiography of the person he hates. Axl called the person, a 'cancer'. It is known that Axl has disassociated himself from people, Canter for instance, solely for being friends with Slash.

Strawman argument as I was discussing the two of them, sitting in the same room together, not reuniting. It is something grown adults should be able to deal with in life, being in the same room as someone we do not like.

Stop being a desperate "fan"

Axl has no mental disorder as far as we are concerned. Nobody even knows the fuckin' guy let alone his "mental state"

Do you consider Axl's obsession with Slash to be, normal behaviour? Axl sued a computer game because it featured a graphic of the guitarist who played on the songs that were featured. Axl read the autobiography of the person he hates. Axl called the person, a 'cancer'. It is known that Axl has disassociated himself from people, Canter for instance, solely for being friends with Slash.

Strawman argument as I was discussing the two of them, sitting in the same room together, not reuniting. It is something grown adults should be able to deal with in life, being in the same room as someone we do not like.

He didn't sue the Activision for a "graphic". Do some research on the case.

Also who was talking about a reunion? Dude there are many people I don't talk to anymore and have no intentions of conversing with. I probably don't want to be in the same room with them as well.

Axl beating up on a former bandmate with a pacemaker - not going to happen. Not going to kick his ass like he said he would.

GNR should have better security if Beta's getting sucker punched and this incident -

Ridiculous reaction by Fernando. Axl clearly deals with the situation by giving the kid a little "wise up" push on the head. Bumblefoot even extends a handshake.

There was absolutely no need for Fernando to jump on the kid. He even took Bumblefoot down with him (who was having chronic pain from his car accident).

• Like 2

Axl beating up on a former bandmate with a pacemaker - not going to happen. Not going to kick his ass like he said he would.

GNR should have better security if Beta's getting sucker punched and this incident -

Ridiculous reaction by Fernando. Axl clearly deals with the situation by giving the kid a little "wise up" push on the head. Bumblefoot even extends a handshake.

There was absolutely no need for Fernando to jump on the kid. He even took Bumblefoot down with him (who was having chronic pain from his car accident).

Axl thought it was funny. You can hear him laugh. Fernando is a hotheaded prick sometimes.

The fact that Axl pushes him away would suggest to fernando that harm was intent. And he doesnt want Axl pissed off. The 'kid' knows he is wrong and fully expects an agressive response.

You do feel sorry for him because Axl takes pitty, but since axl is kinda hated im not surprised fernando didnt take chances.

The fact that fernando had to run in is more alarming... where was security.

Something like that could have ruined the show. Its 50/50 how axl could have taken it.

I may be biased as I done a security course last week though :P

Axl thought it was funny. You can hear him laugh. Fernando is a hotheaded prick sometimes.

Ever since fernando was manager he has made it possible for more fans to meet Axl.

The fact that Axl pushes him away would suggest to fernando that harm was intent. And he doesnt want Axl pissed off. The 'kid' knows he is wrong and fully expects an agressive response.

Come off it, that's brown-nosing if I ever saw it. The only person reacting irrationally is Fernando, everybody else is keeping it real - including the "problematic" Axl.

Bumblefoot's reaction is basically "What the absolute fuck?". They behaved like a SWAT team or some shit; and you make it sound as if Fernando was on the other end of a football pitch.

Edited by NGOG

Come off it, that's brown-nosing if I ever saw it. The only person reacting irrationally is Fernando, everybody else is keeping it real - including the "problematic" Axl.

Bumblefoot's reaction is basically "What the absolute fuck?".

Yeah your right I mean why even employ venue security in the first place? What about axls body gaurd? Get rid of them. Then we can all run on stage and dance with Axl.

Its not fernando.. its just how anyone from side stage would act if there is an invasion of the stage. Watch slash at rome.

Or naked guy at rock in rio. Etc

Edited by Axl_morris