April 23rd, 2014 - Golden Gods - Los Angeles, CA - Axl receives "Ronnie James Dio Lifetime Achievement Award"

Here we are, a thread about a lifetime achievement award to a singer songwriter escalated into a group of members stuck in time. You don't see Axl attending ceramonies to former members with riffs because it would look desperate and out of place. The hall of fame is different because they were suppose to be there, I don't even believe he's on the line up so it would be odd and look bad to be honest. A little fyi, Ronnie Dio is well beyond worthy of holding that name and Chinese Democracy started in 1998 under heavy circumstances. With that being said I guess Metallica and AC/DC apparently don't deserve recognition for anything, it's hard to misinterpret an award called "Lifetime"..

Edited by Street Of The Blues

We don't know is Slash will be there, I can only imagine he would be.

There is not a person on the planet that wouldn't think one fucking song with Slash on it wouldn't be fucking killer.

Would that happen? Doubt it but it would be fucking awesome if they could pull it off without talk of a reunion or something. Just get up and jam on a few tunes.

Anyways back to the award, I don't know much about it but I think it is cool for him to be recognized, unsure how that translates to the general public.

The other issue is performing on tv, they better rehearse, Guns don't have a good track record with live performances on TV kinda thing.

Edited by gunsguy
  • Like 1

The best we can hope for is a photo-op with Axl, Duff and maybe Adler (wasn't his new band at this event a few years back?) The problem is that photo would be more talked about and analyzed in the rock media than Axl and the seven guys that nobody outside of these boards knows about playing WTTJ for the 1000th time.

Edited by xGNRxSTARx

the general public doesn't have a clue about these awards

it's a metal/hard rock-centric award ceremony that's strictly geared towards that audience

i've been a hard rock/metal fan my whole life and i've never once watched or paid any mind to this show aside from seeing the dillinger escape plan performing

Edited by Sixes

Here's food for thought:

What if Axl agreed to accept the award and show up precisely because Slash attends it every year? Ever think of that?

MIND BLOWN :wow:

I hope he does.

Ever think he could just get over it like a normal person and Slash being there or not didn't factor into it at any stage?

Nah, me either ;)

• Like 1

Here's food for thought:

What if Axl agreed to accept the award and show up precisely because Slash attends it every year? Ever think of that?

I hope he does.

Ever think he could just get over it like a normal person and Slash being there or not didn't factor into it at any stage?

Nah, me either ;)

if slash is there, axy will go on a bitchy tirade and will most certainly blame the promoter and the event coordinator and the tv producers and the caterer (well maybe not the caterer ;) ) and whoever the fuck else for trying to sabotage what he's trying to do with gnr and they are all trying to prevent him from moving forward

There is not a person on the planet that wouldn't think one fucking song with Slash on it wouldn't be fucking killer.

Volcano and a few other Gn'R-educators hoping for party passes on here beg to differ.

It won't happen but I wouldn't believe anyone who says otherwise.

Here's food for thought:

From a certain point of view, that's what I meant: what if Axl doesn't care if Slash is gonna be there or not, and that's why Axl accepted the award and GnR will play the gig?

The riddle continues.

Edited by metaforcesaber

Here's food for thought:

From a certain point of view, that's what I meant: what if Axl doesn't care if Slash is gonna be there or not, and that's why Axl accepted the award and GnR will play the gig?

The riddle continues.

But we know Axl does care. Slash was not allowed to at Vegas show. And fans wearing a Slash t-shirt were not allowed at GN´R gigs either. So what are the odds that Axl wouldn´t mind if Slash wants to show up this time around?

I hope Slash tries to go, they show him on the carpet, and then they show him getting turned away at the door. He's got absolutely no businesses there and to try to take away from Axl's award would be fucked up, even for him. I suppose it wouldn't be too far fetched for him to try as he tried to ruin one of the comeback gigs though :shrugs:

Anyways congrats Axl, a well deserved award! Thanks for Chinese, release the rest of the CD era tracks to get these haters off your back.

Kid, why should Slash stay home from a show he has regularly attended and maybe even performed at? Were you even born when Slash was in Gn'R?
He should stay home because he's got no business there to take away from Axl's award.

And yes, I was alive when Slash was in the band, thanks for asking.

Why would Slash attending mean, he is there ''to take away from Axl's award'' - as if Slash is some sort of evil baby snatcher who will swoop down and steal the goblet from Axl's hands when Axl is delivering a speech! Presumably, if Slash attends, Slash will be there for the exact same reasons he was invited at the prior events: because he has been invited by the event organisers; because the event is sponsored by epiphone, a guitar company; because Slash is a leading personality of the rock fraternity.