April 23rd, 2014 - Golden Gods - Los Angeles, CA - Axl receives "Ronnie James Dio Lifetime Achievement Award"

I hope Slash tries to go, they show him on the carpet, and then they show him getting turned away at the door. He's got absolutely no businesses there and to try to take away from Axl's award would be fucked up, even for him. I suppose it wouldn't be too far fetched for him to try as he tried to ruin one of the comeback gigs though :shrugs:

Anyways congrats Axl, a well deserved award! Thanks for Chinese, release the rest of the CD era tracks to get these haters off your back.

Kid, why should Slash stay home from a show he has regularly attended and maybe even performed at? Were you even born when Slash was in Gn'R?
He should stay home because he's got no business there to take away from Axl's award.

And yes, I was alive when Slash was in the band, thanks for asking.

Why would Slash attending mean, he is there ''to take away from Axl's award'' - as if Slash is some sort of evil baby snatcher who will swoop down and steal the goblet from Axl's hands when Axl is delivering a speech! Presumably, if Slash attends, Slash will be there for the exact same reasons he was invited at the prior events: because he has been invited by the event organisers; because the event is sponsored by epiphone, a guitar company; because Slash is a leading personality of the rock fraternity.

This. Actually, I hope Slash and Axl will both be there, with no drama. In fact, if Slash has been there every year, and doesn't attend now, it might seem like he's boycotting it because of Axl receiving an award.

On topic again: Great for Axl!

• Like 1

Instead of banning Slash maybe security could focus on a more worthwhile cause like banning Korn, A Day To Remember, The Pretty Reckless and other shitty generic bands from the event.

If it weren't a shitty, generic event, Axl wouldn't be receiving a shitty, generic award. Give and take.

Who cares? These guys are a decade shy of receiving the McDonalds Senior Citizen Discount.

Dammit, Axl. Accept the damn thing, suck it up, and play an acoustic song with Slash. Do Cornshucker for all I care.

Axl won't be in the same room as Mr. "Cancer" - unless it's by an ambush and it won't be pretty (Axl's words…)

Instead of banning Slash maybe security could focus on a more worthwhile cause like banning Korn, A Day To Remember, The Pretty Reckless and other shitty generic bands from the event.

Those are all great bands, no need to put them down. Slash should keep out of this event though

Shut the fuck up.

this award is ,like have been pointed out,nothing major.

IMO Axl does not deserve any award from anyone for 1990-2014.

he needs a shrink IMO.

with Slash being there…..i believe Slash is an active part of the revolver community

and have every right to be there if he so chooses.

someone said "but Axl is so fragile,slash would fuck it up for all of us".

this isn't anyone but Slash's call.

and never mind how Axl FEELS about this,Axl's feelings seem out of whack,delusional and should not

be taken into consideration.IMO.

I hope it's like a mix of the VMAs. 06 style speech and 02 style performance. Scraped/Silkworms/Riad would be great :headbang:

In 06 he came out and yelled "Do you know where you are?" which was met with silence. Then he said he wasn't much of a presenter. I wouldn't want that at all.

• Like 1

The '06 VMA "Do you know where the fuck you are?!?!" was probably the best version of that line ever. He hit it perfectly. Not cringeworthy at all. Introducing The Killers too!!! So awesome, Axl. You've come so far. Fuck closing the show. Let's introduce shit bands. That's rawk n roll as fuck!

Some ppl here are upset cos kanye west is not getting any awards at the golden gods.

anyway, I'm very happy with this, specially if Slash or any other ex GNR is there. I'm feeling another vibe, a good one. The one that was missing in the RNRHOF.

Like i said before, it's all about having a good time. If they are having it, i'm pretty sure it would be contagious and wiil be having a good one too.

It's gotta be on the appearance clauses, that Slash not be allowed to attend.

I'm feeling another vibe, a good one. The one that was missing in the RNRHOF

All in all, HOF was nothing but good vibes. Like Duff said, it wasn't about who was or wasn't there, it was about the music.

Edited by moreblack

Has anyone noted that Axl will go to this but not the RnR hall of fame? There's quite a bit to unpack there.

might have something to do with not being forced to play with Slash

Apparently, it's a complex conundrum for some to "unpack."

He wasn't forced the play with slash at all. He easily could have attended and not played. The RnR hall of fame is obviously a bigger and more recognized honor than this thing that I hardly know what it is so I'm sure 98% of the planet doesn't either. Axl said he doesn't understand who is behind the HOF and what their credentials are, what the hell makes the Golden Golds awards committee more credible, other than the fact the award is going just to him and not the whole band.

• Like 1