April 23rd, 2014 - Golden Gods - Los Angeles, CA - Axl receives "Ronnie James Dio Lifetime Achievement Award"

I am sure Axl will have the pick of lots of babes to bring to this show.

I wish they would put this show on PPV. I don't think the last few shows were on tv at all and if they were, so much was cut out.

I would love to see this show even if I had to pay for it.

I could be wrong, but I think it's streamed online.

Im pretty sure the last few years it streamed live on Xbox Live. I know it was last year for sure. At least here in Canada it was anyways.

I really Dont get a lot of people on here. If axl does no promotion or is quite, people complain. No, he's tweeting about, they have a bunch of shows lined up, a Blu/DVD release comming out, he's accepting a award. (Meaningless or not). People bitch & moan. I just honestly Dont see a point of coming on a fan site, when ultimately he just can't win in a lot of your eyes.

lastly, did you know dio personally to know he didn't like axl? & if so, then maybe a dio message board would suit you a lil better. I just Dont get it!!

Because a couple people on a message board are voicing criticism, that means the entire world's population is doing it?

Try not to equate a couple guys on a rock n roll forum as the all of the "people" in the world. The majority of the posts in this topic have been positive.

"He just can't win in a lot of your eyes"..........but he could win, very easily. Release music more than once every 20-plus years. Communicate with fans. Tell your "team" to stop hating on your fans. Keep your fans updated on the band's plans. HHmmm, strangely enough, these are all things that other bands DO. With just a little effort, Axl could easily "win."

None of us know Dio personally. Just like you don't know Axl personally. Dio was known as a hard working musician who treat his fans and fellow people in the business with the utmost respect, and was known as a really nice guy. So people are just taking a guess that with his personality and past work history, he probably wouldn't have approved of a prima donna like Axl receiving an award in his name.

And are you really complaining on a message board about people complaining on a message board?

Val - come on now, that is just a silly, silly thing to say and just feeds into this weird "the world is out to get Axl" thing that a few of you are obsessed with.

Haven't most of the shows over the past couple of years gotten positive reviews?

Didn't CD get pretty strong ratings by most of the major music media critics?

No matter what Axl does he is always wrong? LOL - are you kidding me? Because a few random posters on a forum criticize things Axl does, that means NOTHING that Axl does is right? That the entire world is Out To Get Him??? The way you and a couple other people on here overblow everything to some huge cry-fest that people are mean to Axl is hilarious.

If Axl conducted himself like every other major musician does, then the majority of all the criticism would vanish overnight. People like you just can't get past your obsession of the man to look at the facts and how reality really works.

Almost every poster on this forum respects what Axl accomplished between 1986-1994.

A large majority of the forum respects what Axl did with CD and since then.

But just because we love what Axl has accomplished MUSICALLY in the past (most of that coming 20-25 years ago) doesn't mean that we have to bow down and praise and worship EVERYTHING he does, including things that aren't taking place on the stage.

You might "respect" him not putting out music, not communicating with fans and you might respect all the screw-ups that have happened to him/GnR over the past decade (multiple failed releases, showing up to shows not prepared, his team badmouthing fans)..........but just because other people don't, it doesn't mean they are die-hard Axl Rose fans and that they don't respect his past works a singer.

Being a fan doesn't mean you have to blindly worship every move a musician makes. And to be completely honest with you, people like you and a couple others that have to CONSTANTLY whine and cry about "mean" posters and how we should all worship Axl's every move - you guys are the ones who turn every topic into the fighting and constant negativity. You want people to focus on the positive???? Well then stop crying about the few random negative people all the time.

Edited by Groghan

Some people find the positives in everything, others the negatives.

This can only be a positive in my eyes. Hopefully it's a great year for Guns.

I agree.

Playing an awards show, releasing a concert DVD, starting a new tour...........those are all extremely positive signs for GnR fans.

Axl could really make this a knock-out year for GnR.

Put on a great show at the Revolver thing.

Make sure the DVD actually gets released.

Do some media - just an interview or two. Rolling Stones, Playboy, one late-night talk show.

Play a couple REAL new songs on this tour - not songs we've already heard.

And finally.......release an album in 2014.

That's an A-plus year for GnR. And, would shut up a large majority of the complaining from people.

The ball is in Axl's courte......now we just wait to see what he does with it.

I personally hope that he is inspired and fired up and this is the best year for GnR since 2008!!!!

Some people find the positives in everything, others the negatives.

This can only be a positive in my eyes. Hopefully it's a great year for Guns.

I agree.

Playing an awards show, releasing a concert DVD, starting a new tour...........those are all extremely positive signs for GnR fans.

Axl could really make this a knock-out year for GnR.

Put on a great show at the Revolver thing.

Make sure the DVD actually gets released.

Do some media - just an interview or two. Rolling Stones, Playboy, one late-night talk show.

Play a couple REAL new songs on this tour - not songs we've already heard.

And finally.......release an album in 2014.

That's an A-plus year for GnR. And, would shut up a large majority of the complaining from people.

The ball is in Axl's courte......now we just wait to see what he does with it.

I personally hope that he is inspired and fired up and this is the best year for GnR since 2008!!!!

Amidst all the brown-nosing posts, Jarmo did make a good point/potentially drop a hint over at HTGTH: maybe the DVD release is a sign of improved relations between the label... and maybe that means a new album is finally on the way?

I agree, if a new album is released this year, then this will be a great year.

If we don't hear anything new on this tour... then it's just sad.

2 weeks until first show (though it's a festival date, less likely to be new music), let's see what happens.

Every poster should be given a monthly review by the mods to see how much of a fan they are. If they are just "fans" or, even worse, bitter ex fans, ban them immediately.

Yea cause this forum at no point plays by favoritism... right Magisme? :lol:

I really Dont get a lot of people on here. If axl does no promotion or is quite, people complain. No, he's tweeting about, they have a bunch of shows lined up, a Blu/DVD release comming out, he's accepting a award. (Meaningless or not). People bitch & moan. I just honestly Dont see a point of coming on a fan site, when ultimately he just can't win in a lot of your eyes.

lastly, did you know dio personally to know he didn't like axl? & if so, then maybe a dio message board would suit you a lil better. I just Dont get it!!

Once again-

We encourage all opinions here. Just because someone has negative opinions about something concerning GN'R, doesn't mean they're not a fan or visit a fan site.

• Like 1

Why? I love Axl and always will but people who criticize Axl should not feel any different than people who do support him

What's really the deal? is Brazil paying more attention to this forum more than usual?

Trolling is a thing.

That's nice.. does this mean team Brazil won't play.. I don't get the point of your sentence

It's pretty clear, re-read it!

On topic, as we're dangerously off, I'm looking forward to this. Wonder what Axl thinks of it all? His stance on RNR HOF was pretty spot on, imo.

You figured out trolling is a thing? GREAT JOB!

Edited by Gia

Has it been confirmed that he will be there to accept the award & guns will play? Or is it like the RRHOF where they still need to confirm attendance?

I believe Axl's band is pretty much set to perform so the chances of Axl receiving the award himself are high. And no, they don't need a confirmation.

• Like 1

Axl will be a massive hypocrite if he accepts this individual award but refused to accept/acknowledge the RRHOF induction. Everything he has achieved is based on the success of the old band. It has nothing to do with post 1993 GnR so for him to get his as an individual is a joke.

Axl will be a massive hypocrite if he accepts this individual award but refused to accept/acknowledge the RRHOF induction. Everything he has achieved is based on the success of the old band. It has nothing to do with post 1993 GnR so for him to get his as an individual is a joke.

says you

He acknowledged the RRHOF, but refused to attend or accept the award, it was being put into a situation he didn't want to be in.

So was McCartney was a hypocrite for snubbing The Beatles induction, but accepted his award as a solo artist, and even inducted John Lennon a few years later? He said at the time they were in a legal dispute and it would have been hard to be on stage being gracious about it.

If the award is for his singing, I don't see the hypocrisy.

• Like 1

so 5 songs…..

my guess is he will play it safe.no surprises.

Axl does not deserve the Dio award in the first place and whoever handles it to him

should know their history about Ronnie James Dio.

he would never have picked Axl for a price.

if it's easily available online i will of course watch but if it's pay money,fuck you.

That's right, it is actually an insult to Axl to accept an award that is named after somebody on a lower level and is only spoke of highly these days because he passed away.

Axl should be given more awards for being the last great rock star. If you are going to isolate one person, and say this is why this guy is the greatest frontman of all time, you have to look at Axl.

He's unique in his attitude, voice, stage presence, and he had the compliments of putting together songs that will be around for a long time!

It's sad that some people think he shouldn't be awarded because a majority of his work happened within 5 years. He did more in that short time than most artist do in a lifetime.

He defined who a rockstar is, and he did it without confirming to everyone else. The guy is a legend. I hope one day an award is recognized in his name.

Some might not think he deserves anything, because of his lack of albums.

However in this case quality is quantity, and Axl has given us quality work over his time!

• Like 4

Lol Axl being a hypocrite is nothing new. Did you forget when he said "it is disgusting when bands charge fans to meet them"?????

Edited by Young_Gun

so 5 songs…..

my guess is he will play it safe.no surprises.

Axl does not deserve the Dio award in the first place and whoever handles it to him

should know their history about Ronnie James Dio.

he would never have picked Axl for a price.

if it's easily available online i will of course watch but if it's pay money,fuck you.

That's right, it is actually an insult to Axl to accept an award that is named after somebody on a lower level and is only spoke of highly these days because he passed away.

he was universally praised before he passed away and influenced many many bands. RJD is lower than no one in terms of skill. he was on chemo, weak from cancer, dying and 67 years old and still sounded better than what axl is in his 50s.

Edited by bran
  • Like 1