April 23rd, 2014 - Golden Gods - Los Angeles, CA - Axl receives "Ronnie James Dio Lifetime Achievement Award"

Do people really believe Axl really qualifies for this award? Guns ruled the rock world for 4 or 5 years back in the day but Axl has been pretty irrelevant since. Seriously, what has he really accomplished since? One flop album in 20 years? Alot of people do that.

I am not trying to start a fight here either. That was just the first thing that popped into my head when I saw this. It is just odd.

hey axl deserve that award , he is a legend of hard rock , for god sake he is axl fucking rose!!!

Jericho also said that anybody else playing SCOM other than Slash doesn't seem right. I bet he entered Axl's insane blacklist after that comment.

When did he say that?

2011. He was asked about who was going to replace Scott in Velvet Revolver and then talked about the RRHOF induction. Unfortunately, I can't remember the interviewer.

Gotta add that he said that he saw Axl's band and they were great. It wasn't a negative comment at all.

Jericho's proclaimed his love of ChiDem on numerous occasions (there's always a post here when he tweets about it). And he's right about SCOM, I enjoy that song a lot more at the Slash gigs I go to than the GNR ones.

Do people really believe Axl really qualifies for this award? Guns ruled the rock world for 4 or 5 years back in the day but Axl has been pretty irrelevant since. Seriously, what has he really accomplished since? One flop album in 20 years? Alot of people do that.

I am not trying to start a fight here either. That was just the first thing that popped into my head when I saw this. It is just odd.

maybe he gets that award for us fans actually for being so loyal after so many years of dissapointment?? :P

Axl should be given more awards for being the last great rock star. If you are going to isolate one person, and say this is why this guy is the greatest frontman of all time, you have to look at Axl.

He's unique in his attitude, voice, stage presence, and he had the compliments of putting together songs that will be around for a long time!

It's sad that some people think he shouldn't be awarded because a majority of his work happened within 5 years. He did more in that short time than most artist do in a lifetime.

He defined who a rockstar is, and he did it without confirming to everyone else. The guy is a legend. I hope one day an award is recognized in his name.

Some might not think he deserves anything, because of his lack of albums.

However in this case quality is quantity, and Axl has given us quality work over his time!

well spoken i totally agree with you

Jericho's proclaimed his love of ChiDem on numerous occasions (there's always a post here when he tweets about it). And he's right about SCOM, I enjoy that song a lot more at the Slash gigs I go to than the GNR ones.

Fozzy even covered "Sorry" once in concert.

Jericho is a terrible singer. The only reason Fozzy has a following is due to his affiliation with WWE. Rich Ward is pretty good though.

I think Axl deserves the award. At the same time, I think awarding it to him is more for publicity than anything else. Elusive Axl who turned down the RNRHOF showed up to our event! See! We're cool!

I agree that it is more for publicity. When I think of a lifetime achievment award I think of someone that was succesful for a sustained period of time. Axl had one moment in time in one band for 5 years.. Dio was successful in Rainbow, Sabbath and Solo for decades. I AM NOT trying to start a Slash/Axl debate but Slash would seem more suitable for something like this. Successful in Guns, VR, Solo and as a session guitarist going on 30 years now.

Jericho's probably going to talk Axl into being his yoga buddy.

You know something. With the way DDP Yoga, the yoga program that Jericho uses, help a lot of people, if Jericho could convince Axl on using it, it could only bring nothing but positive auras.

LOL Slash fans crying because Axl is recieving an award that is just as meaningless as every other award that isn't chosen by the public. It only means as much as the HOF or a Grammy or the award I just gave my cat for being one of the biggest morons I've ever met, absolutely nothing. :shrugs:

• Like 1

the reason for giving Axl an award he does not deserve from revolver

i think might be to get him to talk to someone professional.

the whole thing might be an attempt by fans of rock music to see

if Axl,one of the greatest ever,can be reasoned with or if he's too far gone.

the reason for giving Axl an award he does not deserve from revolver

i think might be to get him to talk to someone professional.

the whole thing might be an attempt by fans of rock music to see

if Axl,one of the greatest ever,can be reasoned with or if he's too far gone.

I don't think they care enough about Axl's state of mind to do that. :shrugs:

Well if Axl does deserve this award, it has to be based solely on 1985-93 because the 1999-today period has been shite.

Chinese is not shit. Even most of the people that dislike it admit it had a few good songs. (I think it's a great album)

Edited by Rovim

Well if Axl does deserve this award, it has to be based solely on 1985-93 because the 1999-today period has been shite.

Chinese is not shit. Even most of the people that dislike it admit it had a few good songs. (I think it's a great album)

I was generalising the whole period - not specifically the album Chinese Democracy. In sum total, I do not see how anyone can regard the nugnr era as, anything less than a massive failure, both commercially and artistically.