April 23rd, 2014 - Golden Gods - Los Angeles, CA - Axl receives "Ronnie James Dio Lifetime Achievement Award"

REUNION STARTS NOW, again...

And HTGTH is a terrible place. Although it has become a graveyard of long abandoned usernames and threads

HTGTH isn't as bad as you all make it out. Its absolutely hilarious the amount of jealousy towards Jarmo on this forum.
It isn't jealousy it is merely pointing out that his forum is a cespool of boring discussion that is due to a high amount of censorship keeping anyone remotely interesting from having a conversation that is remotely interesting
  • Like 3

Can axl or the band somehow be booed? anybody feel the same? just me?

I dont know, i see a lot of hate towards Axl and the band in gnr related news at the comment section of some websites :shrugs:

This band seems to get a lot more respect from guys who are in the music industry than from fans and media. Buckcherry said they're the best live act and other bands and artists asked about this lineup have nothing but good things to say. They've also had a good showing at this award show recently...2 years ago DJ won guitar hero of the year and I think bumblefoot presented an award last year and now this. Most of the crowd is made up of rock stars and fellow musicians, so they will not get booed.

I wish everyone could be more positive about this situation instead of trying to be the one that predicts what will go wrong.

There's a good chance we are going to see this band perform on a pro shot or live stream in the United States. This should be awesome. A guy that is responsible for some of our favorite music is getting a lifetime achievement award. That's great! I'm glad Axl is being recognized for the things that made us fans.

Everyone can say what they want, but I guess I thought an award and live performance would spark a little more positive attitudes around here.

Congrats to Axl and here's hoping for some great performances this year!

I hope Slash tries to go, they show him on the carpet, and then they show him getting turned away at the door. He's got absolutely no businesses there and to try to take away from Axl's award would be fucked up, even for him. I suppose it wouldn't be too far fetched for him to try as he tried to ruin one of the comeback gigs though :shrugs:

Anyways congrats Axl, a well deserved award! Thanks for Chinese, release the rest of the CD era tracks to get these haters off your back.

Kid, why should Slash stay home from a show he has regularly attended and maybe even performed at? Were you even born when Slash was in Gn'R?

• Like 1

That is freakin awesome for Axl! I'm so proud of him!

Well it says GNR to play, so hopefully it'll be Axl and GNR now and no drama.

Will this be on tv? Hopefully, we can see it online somewhere.

God, I would love to be there to see Axl get this award. I'm sure he'll be there. You can't diss Ronnie James Dio. It wouldn't be right.

Axl will have the audience in the palm of his hand.

Don't they usually take dates to these award ceremonies? Who will Axl take as his date seeing as he doesn't seem to have dated since the cornrow days when seen with an unamed woman in black in the UK in the back of a car kissing?

I hope Slash tries to go, they show him on the carpet, and then they show him getting turned away at the door. He's got absolutely no businesses there and to try to take away from Axl's award would be fucked up, even for him. I suppose it wouldn't be too far fetched for him to try as he tried to ruin one of the comeback gigs though :shrugs:

Anyways congrats Axl, a well deserved award! Thanks for Chinese, release the rest of the CD era tracks to get these haters off your back.

Kid, why should Slash stay home from a show he has regularly attended and maybe even performed at? Were you even born when Slash was in Gn'R?
He should stay home because he's got no business there to take away from Axl's award.

And yes, I was alive when Slash was in the band, thanks for asking.

He should stay home because he's got no business there to take away from Axl's award.

And yes, I was alive when Slash was in the band, thanks for asking.

Honest question: Are you a full on retard?

• Like 1

Hmmm. I'm leaning toward cupcake with that "Hall of Shame" thing, but I need more evidence.

OK, so why should Slash, who has had no contact with Axl for a very long time and has no working relationship with him whatsoever, base his decisions about attending something on whether Axl will be there?

• Like 1

Because it could be very stressful for Axl and also potentially emotional for Axl. I mean, imagine his shoes. He's out belting out WTTJ better than ever and he looks out and sees the man who has done nothing but trash him and lie about him and make his life hell for 20 years. How do you think he would take it? Its why Axl didn't want him at the comeback gigs in 01, the focus would be taken away from the band and Axl, and would instead shift to people chanting for him to get onstage, thus ruining the Guns performance.