April 23rd, 2014 - Golden Gods - Los Angeles, CA - Axl receives "Ronnie James Dio Lifetime Achievement Award"

Axl's not worried about Slash showing up in 2014. In fact, it's probably the case that Slash couldn't handle watching his old band play in front of him while he sat there, just a spectator. He doesn't have the balls to show up. And if he did, it would be the ultimate "fuck you" from Axl: "Watch my band play that you are no longer in." Slash hates being asked about GnR these days. He gets snippy with reporters and you can tell it bothers him. He won't be there.

I don't know, I'm not sure lifetime achievement is exactly suited to Axl perfectly. Maybe a "well damn you were fantastic for about 6-7 years there" award. I really feel like lifetime achievement should be quality over time. He stopped performing after 1993 for seven years then toured sporadically for another 8, put out one album and returned to sporadic touring and hibernation. At least Slash had another big band after GnR that could more justify it.

Don't get me wrong it's great promotion for the band and cheers to them for doing things, it truly does seem like it will be a big year, and I acknowledge I may be not picking but I'm not sure Axl deserves a lifetime achievement award for his work.

• Like 1

Axl's not worried about Slash showing up in 2014. In fact, it's probably the case that Slash couldn't handle watching his old band play in front of him while he sat there, just a spectator. He doesn't have the balls to show up. And if he did, it would be the ultimate "fuck you" from Axl: "Watch my band play that you are no longer in." Slash hates being asked about GnR these days. He gets snippy with reporters and you can tell it bothers him. He won't be there.

Firstly, Slash, sitting there in the crowd, will laugh at the state of his former singer's, voice. Secondly, he is going to think to himself, ''what is that little emo girl doing to my guitar solos?''

I think if Slash showed up, Axl would pull out all the stops and push the rasp to ELEVEN. C'mon, we know how Axl is. It would be a motivating factor.

As for what Slash thinks of DJ, well he may have a decidedly smug reaction, but when DJ gets the crowd going (as many eye witnesses have stated over the years, DJ has a rapport with crowds), then it might sting just a tad. Just a wee bit.

this revolver award is worth some recognition from the biz.

however,i don't think Axl deserves any price for the last 10 years.

i think it should got to someone who's heart is in the right place.

this is a great opportunity for Axl to promote a new song or the band,my guess is he will do neither.

and "Dio award" to w axl rose…..sorry,that's a laugh.ronnie james rio had integrity and was a pro.

he is dearly loved and respected in certain communities.

i think by giving Axl this award they want to see if he can still be reasoned with.

Firstly, Slash, sitting there in the crowd, will laugh at the state of his former singer's, voice. Secondly, he is going to think to himself, ''what is that little emo girl doing to my guitar solos?''

I think if Slash showed up, Axl would pull out all the stops and push the rasp to ELEVEN. C'mon, we know how Axl is. It would be a motivating factor.

As for what Slash thinks of DJ, well he may have a decidedly smug reaction, but when DJ gets the crowd going (as many eye witnesses have stated over the years, DJ has a rapport with crowds), then it might sting just a tad. Just a wee bit.

More likely Mickey will make an appearance than The Rasp, Steamboat Willy there, Fantasia.

I don't know, I'm not sure lifetime achievement is exactly suited to Axl perfectly. Maybe a "well damn you were fantastic for about 6-7 years there" award. I really feel like lifetime achievement should be quality over time. He stopped performing after 1993 for seven years then toured sporadically for another 8, put out one album and returned to sporadic touring and hibernation. At least Slash had another big band after GnR that could more justify it.

Don't get me wrong it's great promotion for the band and cheers to them for doing things, it truly does seem like it will be a big year, and I acknowledge I may be not picking but I'm not sure Axl deserves a lifetime achievement award for his work.

Axl deserves the lifetime award for only being the weird excentric axlish person he is :P i mean where do you find a guy like him? lol

I hope Slash tries to go, they show him on the carpet, and then they show him getting turned away at the door. He's got absolutely no businesses there and to try to take away from Axl's award would be fucked up, even for him. I suppose it wouldn't be too far fetched for him to try as he tried to ruin one of the comeback gigs though :shrugs:

Anyways congrats Axl, a well deserved award! Thanks for Chinese, release the rest of the CD era tracks to get these haters off your back.

wonder if slash were receiving the lifetime achievement award...would he be called a sellout media whore?

Im surprised he didnt get it. Or has he already got one?

he might, not sure

and lullllllllllz at slash being turned away at the door!! :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:

Edited by axl666axl666

REUNION STARTS NOW, again...

And HTGTH is a terrible place. Although it has become a graveyard of long abandoned usernames and threads

HTGTH isn't as bad as you all make it out. Its absolutely hilarious the amount of jealousy towards Jarmo on this forum.

LOL, yeah it's bad, specially if you don't agree with everything Axl does and says. Jarmo has the most cringeworthy excuses and arguments.

If you are a fan of the new band, then maybe yeah, the place is good. In fact, the most fanatics Axl supporters should all post there and let this place to more rational people, IMO.

That is freakin awesome for Axl! I'm so proud of him!

Well it says GNR to play, so hopefully it'll be Axl and GNR now and no drama.

Will this be on tv? Hopefully, we can see it online somewhere.

God, I would love to be there to see Axl get this award. I'm sure he'll be there. You can't diss Ronnie James Dio. It wouldn't be right.

Axl will have the audience in the palm of his hand.

Edited by Val22
  • Like 1