June 7, Las Vegas, NV - No Trickery! (Final Show of Residency)

magisme

our indiana boy with his trademark bandana!! it looks so right to see him like that and from a distance he even looks like the young Axl, i remember i read somewhere people talkin BS about this being a replacement and the real axl is dead or whatever how is that even possible lol? NachoLZ i totally get what you mean about his voice at that point it's great and it's fun he did that coughing thing again yeah nice one on Patience!!

He's running out of viable old songs to pull out though, awesome to see some different tracks creeping in but the time for new music will continue slamming against the bow of the ship until he caves in and realizes he has the personnel, talent and is still capable of the voice to shine in a new era of this strange band. BBF leaving may throw a spanner in the works.

Edited by RandallFlagg

http://youtu.be/VsZGLlnc6xc

Better video yesterday's with full rasp!

W O W.

Dude was singing like a motherfucker. That sounded bad ass!

sang great unfortunate that he had to keep reading the monitor

GREAT GREAT GREAT AND GREAT.

Fuck I don't think ill ever get over how his voice got so much better from the start of this tour till the end of the residency.. It's just miles better it blows my mind.. First time listening to that yesterday's and I didn't want it to stop !!!

Much rasp such excellent raspy voice must cry now

Decent performance of Yesterdays. Axl tried and that counts. :thumbsup: That said, Bumblefoot's solo is atrocious. :vomit:

You don't think Axls vocals sounded great?!?!?!?! That was 52 year old Axl nailing yesterday's with solid "rasp" .. I don't think it could get much better then that honestly

Decent performance of Yesterdays. Axl tried and that counts. :thumbsup: That said, Bumblefoot's solo is atrocious. :vomit:

You don't think Axls vocals sounded great?!?!?!?! That was 52 year old Axl nailing yesterday's with solid "rasp" .. I don't think it could get much better then that honestly

What you consider 'great' is very distant from what I consider 'great' - same goes for 'solid'. I think Axl sounded good and he was trying. As long as he's giving 100% on stage, I'm happy.

Yea Yesterday's was great guys, but Paradise City had rasp in it! How Is that not a big deal to anyone? He's had rasp in PC 3 times since 2010 and this was one of em!

Haha I'm happy there's so much rasp to go around.

Still no rasp in RQ and YCBM that really need it. But kudus for Axl for at least making an effort on other songs, like PC (and yesterdays) which were great.

What you consider 'great' is very distant from what I consider 'great' - same goes for 'solid'. I think Axl sounded good and he was trying. As long as he's giving 100% on stage, I'm happy.

Interesting, so what would you consider "great" from 52 year old Axl in terms of his voice??

2010 vocals which this isn't far off from (2010 we saw the harsher rasp come back which isn't even how most of the studio vocals sound but it was Cool). 2006 ? Again not too far off he just has more stage presence to me in those years, but just the voice idk I don't think he can sound any better then he did those last few Vegas nights.

• Like 1

Guest Gunns

In that performance of yesterdays, it shows 3 things

1. He's got the rasp.

2. It's not nearly as effortless as 2010 and earlier

3. it's lacking in power.

Edited by Gunns

1. He's got the rasp.

And stil NO rasp in RQ or YCBM... But it's an improvement nevertheless...

1. He's got the rasp.

And stil NO rasp in RQ or YCBM... But it's an improvement nevertheless...

this.We see an improve,we dont say he is near 2010 but he is on his way......

Hey everyone. I kind of stopped posting because I was sad to say I lost interest but I still went to the residency.

I had an amazing time and I thought Axl was unbelievable so I'm really excited about GN'R again and feel there is stuff to look forward to again. The Friday night show was unbelievable and the best BY FAR. To see Axl be so chatty and happy - he literally chatted and laughed after each song - which was amazing not to mention the fact his voice was on FIRE!

It was the first time I ever went to a GN'R show and actually wondered what would happen next. I was about to go for my scheduled toilet break during the show (the first guitar solo - sorry Richard!) and I couldn't because Axl was changing things up! It was the best compliant ever!

Anyway, after the shows I bumped into some really amazing people: MSL and a few of his buddies from GNR Truth including Trocolli and then I got to meet Black Sabbath, Powerage, Gia (think that's her username here?) RickRoses and some people from HTGTH and CD.COM. Everyone was SOOOOOO nice!!

Anyway I did some trollin'.... I got MSL to pose with Jarmo... hahaha!

jarmo.jpg

Sadly I didn't get a pic of this incident but it's still funny as hell:

MSL told Dizzy he was a big fan and that Dizzy inspired him to play piano. Totally trolling him and Dizzy was lapping it up and invited us to come away somewhere to play the piano. I got really excited because I thought maybe it was some backstage area with maybe Axl there but then MSL told him that he leaked songs before and it was really funny because Dizzy got a bit freaked out and backed away. He kinda laughed and just said 'i probably shouldn't be seen to be talking to you so'

P.s Who changed the text in my sig to A Vedder? I don't get it :D

Glad you had a blast.

Awesome stories.

And that picture..............has to be the winner of the forum picture of the year.

Thanks for sharing

Hey everyone. I kind of stopped posting because I was sad to say I lost interest but I still went to the residency.

I had an amazing time and I thought Axl was unbelievable so I'm really excited about GN'R again and feel there is stuff to look forward to again. The Friday night show was unbelievable and the best BY FAR. To see Axl be so chatty and happy - he literally chatted and laughed after each song - which was amazing not to mention the fact his voice was on FIRE!

It was the first time I ever went to a GN'R show and actually wondered what would happen next. I was about to go for my scheduled toilet break during the show (the first guitar solo - sorry Richard!) and I couldn't because Axl was changing things up! It was the best compliant ever!

Anyway, after the shows I bumped into some really amazing people: MSL and a few of his buddies from GNR Truth including Trocolli and then I got to meet Black Sabbath, Powerage, Gia (think that's her username here?) RickRoses and some people from HTGTH and CD.COM. Everyone was SOOOOOO nice!!

jarmo.jpg

MSL told Dizzy he was a big fan and that Dizzy inspired him to play piano. Totally trolling him and Dizzy was lapping it up and invited us to come away somewhere to play the piano. I got really excited because I thought maybe it was some backstage area with maybe Axl there but then MSL told him that he leaked songs before and it was really funny because Dizzy got a bit freaked out and backed away. He kinda laughed and just said 'i probably shouldn't be seen to be talking to you so'

You missed April Fool's Day - we became MyPJForum, and had a word filter. Everything that got altered by the word filter stays that way until it's manually edited.

Great to meet you too. Who knows, maybe the next time we catch up will be at a European gig...;)

jarmo.jpg

You missed April Fool's Day - we became MyPJForum, and had a word filter. Everything that got altered by the word filter stays that way until it's manually edited.

Great to meet you too. Who knows, maybe the next time we catch up will be at a European gig... ;)

Easy big boy..........remember the last guy who went that route!!!!