June 7, Las Vegas, NV - No Trickery! (Final Show of Residency)

magisme

Hey everyone. I kind of stopped posting because I was sad to say I lost interest but I still went to the residency.

I had an amazing time and I thought Axl was unbelievable so I'm really excited about GN'R again and feel there is stuff to look forward to again. The Friday night show was unbelievable and the best BY FAR. To see Axl be so chatty and happy - he literally chatted and laughed after each song - which was amazing not to mention the fact his voice was on FIRE!

It was the first time I ever went to a GN'R show and actually wondered what would happen next. I was about to go for my scheduled toilet break during the show (the first guitar solo - sorry Richard!) and I couldn't because Axl was changing things up! It was the best compliant ever!

Anyway, after the shows I bumped into some really amazing people: MSL and a few of his buddies from GNR Truth including Trocolli and then I got to meet Black Sabbath, Powerage, Gia (think that's her username here?) RickRoses and some people from HTGTH and CD.COM. Everyone was SOOOOOO nice!!

Anyway I did some trollin'.... I got MSL to pose with Jarmo... hahaha!

jarmo.jpg

Sadly I didn't get a pic of this incident but it's still funny as hell:

MSL told Dizzy he was a big fan and that Dizzy inspired him to play piano. Totally trolling him and Dizzy was lapping it up and invited us to come away somewhere to play the piano. I got really excited because I thought maybe it was some backstage area with maybe Axl there but then MSL told him that he leaked songs before and it was really funny because Dizzy got a bit freaked out and backed away. He kinda laughed and just said 'i probably shouldn't be seen to be talking to you so'

P.s Who changed the text in my sig to A Vedder? I don't get it :D

You missed April Fool's Day - we became MyPJForum, and had a word filter. Everything that got altered by the word filter stays that way until it's manually edited.

Great to meet you too. Who knows, maybe the next time we catch up will be at a European gig... ;)

Easy big boy..........remember the last guy who went that route!!!!
What? :huh:

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

Oh I think he might be referring to someone who came on to the boards looking for me, after we talked for a few minutes at one of the shows in 2012. I was in shock that he came on here!

And thanks for the nice comments guys. Had a really awesome time to be honest and meeting some of you forumers just made it all even better tbh!

Edited by Sleeping Like An Angel
  • Like 3

His voice at 2:43 in this video from 2010 always blows me away. It's exactly like the voice he used in the early 90's and one I wish he was able to recapture.

It's not exactly the same (still a little thinner and not as much deep coarse and grit) but yeah, he sounds fantastic during this performance and as close as he ever has to the '90s Axl. The Rocket Queen from that gig is also strong.

http://youtu.be/jzaJG2aHXu8

His voice at 2:43 in this video from 2010 always blows me away. It's exactly like the voice he used in the early 90's and one I wish he was able to recapture.

It's not exactly the same (still a little thinner and not as much deep coarse and grit) but yeah, he sounds fantastic during this performance and as close as he ever has to the '90s Axl. The Rocket Queen from that gig is also strong.

While the rasp in that performance isn't as harsh as Bucharest or other 2010 concerts I don't like that voice at all. To me it sounds painful, like Axls trying to push through a vocal problem with power. But thats only my view :)

http://youtu.be/jzaJG2aHXu8

While the rasp in that performance isn't as harsh as Bucharest or other 2010 concerts I don't like that voice at all. To me it sounds painful, like Axls trying to push through a vocal problem with power. But thats only my view :)
If that's what it sounds like to you then that's exactly how Axl's voice should sound. In the 90's his voice sounded exactly like you described but people loved it and it sounds great

Look at Axl's reaction after he sings that part. He knew exactly what he just did, the crowd heard it. It was a brief return of his former voice. It had that screech in it that shouldn't sound good but does

Edited by IncitingChaos

Oh I think he might be referring to someone who came on to the boards looking for me, after we talked for a few minutes at one of the shows in 2012. I was in shock that he came on here!

And thanks for the nice comments guys. Had a really awesome time to be honest and meeting some of you forumers just made it all even better tbh!

That guy was so creepy. He was pretty derogatory if I remember too

Cool to see SLAA post! Good to have you here!

MSL is awful though, he should be banned from all GNR shows

Thanks, good to speak to you again too.

You know what, anyone who met him will say the same, MSL was a really, really nice person and if you ever get the chance to speak to him in the future I urge you to say hello. You won't be disappointed.

I can't even remember what he said but he seemed like a harmless guy to be honest. It was still kinda weird though!

I promise not to turn into a creeper now that I've met SLAA :lol:

Doesn't matter, I already am. Tink! :awesomeface:

haha it was sooooo cool meeting you both and will defo link up again. Two awesome guys. Euro GN'R tour anyone? i TINK that will be good. Sweeeet.

• Like 2

Cool to see SLAA post! Good to have you here!

MSL is awful though, he should be banned from all GNR shows

Thanks, good to speak to you again too.

You know what, anyone who met him will say the same, MSL was a really, really nice person and if you ever get the chance to speak to him in the future I urge you to say hello. You won't be disappointed.

I can't even remember what he said but he seemed like a harmless guy to be honest. It was still kinda weird though!

I promise not to turn into a creeper now that I've met SLAA :lol:

Doesn't matter, I already am. Tink! :awesomeface:

haha it was sooooo cool meeting you both and will defo link up again. Two awesome guys. Euro GN'R tour anyone? i TINK that will be good. Sweeeet.
Tony and I are definitely on board for the next European tour, and I hope BS is too! ;)

Good to see SLAA back here. Awesome photo of Jarmo and MSl. I wonder if he didn't tell dizzy about the leaks, how far the night would of been for you guys.

Thanks how have you been?

Yeah, I'm gutted he picked that moment to tell Dizzy to be honest haha! Dizzy was half drunk so I can help but wonder where he was going to take us to play piano :(

Edited by Sleeping Like An Angel

Good to see SLAA back here. Awesome photo of Jarmo and MSl. I wonder if he didn't tell dizzy about the leaks, how far the night would of been for you guys.

Yeah, I'm gutted he picked that moment to tell Dizzy to be honest haha! Dizzy was half drunk so I can help but wonder where he was going to take us to play piano :(

I think getting to the "final destination" Frank would of come from no where, and Super kicked MSL. Then Dizzy would of taken u to his room to play some of CD 2. I guess MsL really blew this one for you.

That's a really bad idea to bring up when everyone's having a good time. We don't know what kind of resources Axl had to spend money on or how it affected the entire band. They seem bummed out about leaks of unreleased songs.