SLASH featuring Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators Tour 2014 / 2015

batman007

The problem with the "Rocket Queen" solo is the lenght. That's way too long ! Last time in Paris, the whole song was almost 30min length! crazy !

Plus there's no particular melody (contrary to The Godfather or even a Blues jam). Hope he will change. maybe he should play "Safari Inn" instead ! ;)

I agree with that. And maybe this is a selfish issue, but it tends to be more annoying to me because these are standing venues. I like standing room only shows, but I hate all the waiting around, so unfortunately to me it makes everything thats unnecessary about the show that more noticeable. I get that Slash doesn't particularly need to care about the person thats been standing around since 5PM, but definitely during Rocket Queen when he goes off for about 15 minutes I'm just thinking "Ok, move on, I'm tired!" If these were seated venues I could at least take a seat and listen to the solo a little more because I'm not focusing on the standing. But I've always thought solo spots work best in seated venues. I agree that the Godfather solo is better than the rambling Rocket Queen one, but I always thought with Godfather that thats more something you sit and take in, then you stand up again and applaud when it goes into Sweet Child O Mine.

Or maybe I'm crazy :lol: . I will say one of my favorite Slash shows was the rare one or two where he had no solo spot. Nothing felt missing.

I liked the version he played in Cologne, but even better was the version of his AL-tour. That Rocket Queen was awesome!

Yeah, Safari Inn could be also part of his shows at times. A rotation of the songs with long solo spot would be a good idea.

I love the studio version of Safari Inn, but he still doesn't play it right live. I know it was stitched together from a 30 min improvisation so I guess it's a lot to remember to play live in a more accurate way. Still enjoy listening to the live versions.

I love Safari Inn, but I'm wary about it being played live. My friends don't like it very much and the thing I tell them is its the exact perfect length for a solo spot. Its got great placement on the album, and everytime I hear it I'll think 2 and a half minutes into the song "ok, wrap it up" at the exact moment he starts ending the song. I'm nervous it would become too tedious live, which I don't necessarily think it needs.

The problem with the "Rocket Queen" solo is the lenght. That's way too long ! Last time in Paris, the whole song was almost 30min length! crazy !

Plus there's no particular melody (contrary to The Godfather or even a Blues jam). Hope he will change. maybe he should play "Safari Inn" instead ! ;)

Not to mention he had a kind of "sticky fingers" syndrome in Paris. Quite a lot of bum notes during that solo. Thank god the bass groove makes up for it, I focused more on the rythm section than on Slash's 30min approximate noodling during that solo.

What's the name of their photographer?

Which one ? 'cause there's not really Kat Benzova on Slash's side ;)

Soundwave Festival Brisbane 28/02/2015

You're A Lie

Nightrain

Standing in the Sun

Ghost

Back From Cali

Wicked Stone

You Could be Mine

Dr Alibi (Todd Kerns)

Welcome To The Jungle (Todd Kerns)

Starlight

Double Talkin' Jive

Bent To Fly

World On Fire

Anastasia

Sweet Child o' Mine

Slither

Paradise City

12.jpg

22.jpg

anyone know why he started playing his guitar with a chord again instead of a wireless? went 20 years wirelessly and then the last 3 years he's been using a chord

I've noticed that with quite a few bands lately. I have no idea why. Maybe something to do with all the devices around these days, they interfere with the signal or make it hard to find a clear frequency.

anyone know why he started playing his guitar with a chord again instead of a wireless? went 20 years wirelessly and then the last 3 years he's been using a chord

He's been playing wireless at his own shows and cabled at the festival shows. Atrocious sound and mixing at Soundwave.

He's been playing wireless at his own shows and cabled at the festival shows. Atrocious sound and mixing at Soundwave.

Nope it's all cabled since 2011. ;)

The only reason is the sound. Slash said he prefers cables now.

But the shure wireless stuff are still in the rack just in case !

I was at Sydney Soundwave, and what else can I say about Slash and the Conspirators except for fucking AWESOME!!!!!
I was second from the barrier in front of Slash, and he absolutely killed it as soon as he stepped on stage.

Highlights were Wicked Stone, DTJ, Jungle, Anastasia and YCBM, but the whole set was great really.
Even the Dissident and Avalon went over well. Dissident had a pretty good crowd singalong too.

The most refreshing thing was that there was no bullshit, the band just went into every track and fucking killed every one of them.

Marylin Manson who was on before them, kept disappearing after every song into a tent in the middle of the stage, and was cutting himself with broken beer bottles, and knocking over mic stands.
He just seemed like a fuckwit up there, while Slash and co. come on and delivered straight up with no drama or ego.

Another thing that was great about this Slash performance, was that there were no drawn out extended solo spots like Rocket Queen, as I was expecting that from reading this thread.
And at a festival, an extended solo just makes the set lose momentum. Slash did improvise a lot, but he was on point, and shredded within the confines of the song.

The song choice was great too, they kept up the crowd energy throughout, and even songs like World On Fire and Bent to Fly got great response.

All in all, I'd say that they were easily the best band of the day, and I heard many other people saying the same as I was walking out.

• Like 1

I was at Sydney Soundwave, and what else can I say about Slash and the Conspirators except for fucking AWESOME!!!!!

I was second from the barrier in front of Slash, and he absolutely killed it as soon as he stepped on stage.

Highlights were Wicked Stone, DTJ, Jungle, Anastasia and YCBM, but the whole set was great really.

Even the Dissident and Avalon went over well. Dissident had a pretty good crowd singalong too.

The most refreshing thing was that there was no bullshit, the band just went into every track and fucking killed every one of them.

Marylin Manson who was on before them, kept disappearing after every song into a tent in the middle of the stage, and was cutting himself with broken beer bottles, and knocking over mic stands.

He just seemed like a fuckwit up there, while Slash and co. come on and delivered straight up with no drama or ego.

Another thing that was great about this Slash performance, was that there were no drawn out extended solo spots like Rocket Queen, as I was expecting that from reading this thread.

And at a festival, an extended solo just makes the set lose momentum. Slash did improvise a lot, but he was on point, and shredded within the confines of the song.

The song choice was great too, they kept up the crowd energy throughout, and even songs like World On Fire and Bent to Fly got great response.

All in all, I'd say that they were easily the best band of the day, and I heard many other people saying the same as I was walking out.

I must have been pretty close to you. I was on the right, at the barrier, almost right behind the camera set-up.

You're right about Marylin Manson. Everyone around me was saying how shit it was. Slash made up for it though. Great performance from start to finish.

• Like 1

July 7th and July 8th - SMKC @ Madrid & Barcelona (ESP).

Anymore July 2nd - July 6th gigs planned nearby central-east Europe, Slash2Baz maybe? :D

hehe maybe, maybe not ! :P

Last time i've checked a "full indoor tour" was planned during the fall in central Europe.... wait & see ! ;)

• Like 2

The extended solo in Rocket Queen is always the highlight of the show for me.. I fucking love it and everyone I have attended the shows with always love it. He noodles a bit at the beginning but he always pulls it together.. Especially when the rhythm guitars start kicking in. It is fucking magic.. Some of the people I am going with missed it at Hampton Beach a couple years ago because he broke a string and skipped it.. They will be very disappointed if he doesn't do it this time around. I agree that he has gotten a bit carried away at times like with the 30 minute solo but that is far and few between (I still loved it), but anything under 15 minutes is just fine! It is just magic the way it morphs back into she song.. I hope it is something he continues for a long time. \m/

Edited by Tom-Ass