SLASH featuring Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators Tour 2014 / 2015

batman007

Yeah, it's a shame. On a more positive note, here's another billboard boxscore result. Not as great as the one I posted on their show in Manchester, but I think for a show in Ireland, the results are pretty good.

29 Slash 3Arena Dublin, Ireland Nov. 10, 2014 $316,696 6,975 / 7,000 1 / 0 $49.81, $43.59 MCD

• Like 1

What kind of a world do we live in where Five Finger Death Punch gets higher billing than Slash...

If that was in the UK tickets would be £200 + £15 booking fee

95 bucks is a steal

I still can't believe Ribfest, man. Was that like $10? My mates want to go to some Meatopia thing here in London in September and a day ticket is £30, doesn't include food and there's no bands at all, let alone Slash.

Was a great show but I wasn't a fan of The RQ solo. Just seemed like endless noodling without any definitive peaks, melodies or deep feel. Other times I've seen him solo (read: using Speak Softly Love as the basis) you could hear a pin drop it was that captivating. But this time?

Slow it down and make it cry Saul.

• Like 2

Went to the show on the 24th feb (Tuesday) and ivd got to say it was an excellent show!

An epic 13 min 56 second Rocket Queen which had an epic slash solo that blew everyone away! It's been uploaded to you tube if anyone's keen to take a look (search Slash Horden Pavilion Rocket queen and you should find it)

The rest of the show was good but if be lying if I said I went for anything other than to see slash play GNR stuff.

Slash was epic and is still at the top of his game. It's such a shit shame he and axl aren't doing stuff together because after seeing both sides of these shows live recently.... it's obvious what a shame it is that they aren't sharing a stage together!

No doubt they'd still kill it IMO if axl got it together.

Edited by Tadsy
  • Like 1

Was a great show but I wasn't a fan of The RQ solo. Just seemed like endless noodling without any definitive peaks, melodies or deep feel. Other times I've seen him solo (read: using Speak Softly Love as the basis) you could hear a pin drop it was that captivating. But this time?

Slow it down and make it cry Saul.

Great post. This is my only problem with his playing these days. He is technically on top of shit, but his note choices don't sound as thoughtful and just aimless at times without a clear direction which was one of Slash's greatest talents as a guitar player imo.

But I think he can still do it, just needs to slow the fuck down like you said. Sounds uninspired at times.

• Like 1

The problem with the "Rocket Queen" solo is the lenght. That's way too long ! Last time in Paris, the whole song was almost 30min length! crazy !
Plus there's no particular melody (contrary to The Godfather or even a Blues jam). Hope he will change. maybe he should play "Safari Inn" instead ! ;)

• Like 3

I liked the version he played in Cologne, but even better was the version of his AL-tour. That Rocket Queen was awesome!

Yeah, Safari Inn could be also part of his shows at times. A rotation of the songs with long solo spot would be a good idea.

Edited by Free Bird

I liked the version he played in Cologne, but even better was the version of his AL-tour. That Rocket Queen was awesome!

Yeah, Safari Inn could be also part of his shows at times. A rotation of the songs with long solo spot would be a good idea.

I love the studio version of Safari Inn, but he still doesn't play it right live. I know it was stitched together from a 30 min improvisation so I guess it's a lot to remember to play live in a more accurate way. Still enjoy listening to the live versions.