Noticed AF Democracy video sales made we wonder what the Ritz 88 would sell

Noticed the tread about the past few weeks sales numbers for the AF Dem. video sales which is about 6-7 thousand copies if I remember right.

It made me think even now in 2014 if they released the Ritz 88 show unedited, full length and having it digitally remastered for best video and sound quality what would sell in 2 weeks time?

I am talking by remastering it just to clean the sound up some and the video quality alot but not recording anything.

I would guess it would sell 20,000 or more copies in two weeks and that maybe conservative.

Because to alot of people that is what GNR was and in there minds that is what they will always be, it is just a fact.

Do I like the Ritz show yes, do I think it is a great show no they have played much better shows with both the old and new band.

Not much I think. Everyone interested in buying this would have already seen it on youtube plenty of times. Only few would feel compelled to own it.

Isn't it only like 45 minutes long? There's need to be some additional features. Perhaps a KISSOLOGY type of release with multiple concerts and television appearances. Do a NuGNR one too and finally release the damn HOB footage.

• Like 2

Imo it wouldn't sell much. It's up on YT, where you can watch it uncut and uncensored, a lot of fans have the bootleg already and the market for music dvd's is very small anyway. I only have an audio bootleg of the Ritz concert, and of dismal quality, but I don't think I'd buy the dvd if they released it.

Noticed the tread about the past few weeks sales numbers for the AF Dem. video sales which is about 6-7 thousand copies if I remember right.

It made me think even now in 2014 if they released the Ritz 88 show unedited, full length and having it digitally remastered for best video and sound quality what would sell in 2 weeks time?

I am talking by remastering it just to clean the sound up some and the video quality alot but not recording anything.

I would guess it would sell 20,000 or more copies in two weeks and that maybe conservative.

Because to alot of people that is what GNR was and in there minds that is what they will always be, it is just a fact.

Do I like the Ritz show yes, do I think it is a great show no they have played much better shows with both the old and new band.

The Ritz show captured all the energy and rawness GNR spread these days. That's the greatness of this show. The band played a bit sloppy at times and all that combined it gaves you some punk feeling. That's what Rock n Roll is about.

With good quality of video and sound there is no question I would buy it. Just to have the original

• Like 1

Ritz 88 would sell better, but nobody buys concert videos, when you downloaded it within 5 minutes, or watch them on youtube for free...

Sales means nothing in todays world

There has to be pro shot footage when they were supporting Motley Crue, Aerosmith, and the Rolling Stones and if they had a film crew for the UYI documentary, they probably have full shows also shot on film if they were planning to make it a theatrical release, because I'm sure Axl wanted GNR to have something like Depeche Mode "101", Madonna "Truth Or Dare", and U2's "Rattle and Hum".

It would be great to have a something like "Cliff Em All", "KISSology" or AC/DC "Plug Me In" anthology but that would probably just compile what's already out there, give or take a few things Marc's held on to.

ritz 88 is one of the best imo

with RIR III

for the current lineup, i think the best is to come

They should put it out as a DVD/CD combo with a remastered Appetite. But they won't.

You don't need to remaster the AFD

rhythm guitar is difficult to hear in some songs

ritz 88 is one of the best imo

with RIR III

for the current lineup, i think the best is to come

They should put it out as a DVD/CD combo with a remastered Appetite. But they won't.

You don't need to remaster the AFD

rhythm guitar is difficult to hear in some songs

Nothing to do with the mastering, which has been perfectly done by the amazing Barry Diament. You're referring to the mix.

they shot video of the 87 Marquee tour which was supposed to be for a documentary of the short British tour has never surfaced........that along with the Ritz show would make a killer DVD............Marc Canter's videos would be fantastic as well....

Hard to say anymore. I know for a fact though that if the Ritz show was remasterd and cleaned up and released I'd buy it in a second. I didn't even realize the AFDem had been released yet. I guarantee you they could secretly release the Ritz show and it'd get more promotion via word of mouth than this AFDem and old and new fans alike would buy it. Not many people including GnR fans give a flying fuck about the AFDem release

• Like 2

And the fact it only has AFD songs. People no November rain, live n let die, cival war etc.

I know, I know. The Ritz is great.

You're just too rock n' roll for us piano-wank loving casuals. I bet when you shit it sounds like a guitar riff and you deem it a masterpiece.

I wouldn't buy the Ritz on dvd. It's an OK show but it's also up there with Tokyo 92 as their most overrated show. If a classic gnr DVD were to come out I'd hope it was an unreleased proshot of another 87/88 show (if those even exist).

Edited by bacardimayne
  • Like 1