Of all the covers Guns has done, which is the best?

Human Being

That songs sacreligious!

On topic:

Since I Don't Have You

Jumpin Jack Flash

Whole Lotta Rosie

Thats about it.

as are Since I Don't Have You and Jumpin Jack Flash!

True but they're pretty straightforward and lend themselves to Gunses abilities whereas the whole quality of Human Being by The Dolls was it had their sort of runaway freight trains, barely-held-together-by-a-string-but-just-making-it kinda quality to it that is absolutely deadened by the polish and sheen of TSI. I reckon anyway :)

I much much prefer the Dolls version...hell I prefer the Dolls over anything by GNR and the Dolls Human Being had their devil may care attitude firmly entrenched with a casual looseness that gave you a feeling that they sort of, just might, fuck the whole thing up...but they held it together...

The GNR version is an Axl screechfest, super duper polished and has no "feel". But it is a fun song nonetheless and less pretentious than anything else on TSI.

• Like 1

Knockin' on Heaven's Door.

I also like Izzy's Do You Love Me very much

Hair of the Dog with Seb Bach was fun

Is "Do you love me" in any Izzy album??

No, it's a one off recording with Steven Adler.

Actually I think they recorded 2 songs on the "Do You Love Me" sessions;

Can't remember now...

Hair of the Dog

Human Being

KOHD

All three, to me, are much better songs than the originals.

Jumpin' Jack Flash to me, is one of the greatest songs of all time. It's perfection. It seems unlikely that it could ever be improved upon. GNR's interpretation of it is very poor imo.

The cover of Todd Rundgren's "Dust in the Wind." I actually love it so much that if they were to make a new album and included it as an actual track, I'd be okay with it. With anything else I'd either despise it, or say "Alright, it's nice, but why take up valuable real estate with a cover?" With that I'd say "Alright, cool. Glad they did that."