Whose Nightrain solo do you prefer?

Battle of the solos  

94 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Mariah Carey can sing Nightrain far more technically proficiently than Axl. She would destroy Axl, on a technical level.

That doesn't mean we should all jerk off to the idea of Mariah singing Nightrain and worship that as the ultimate Nightrain.

• Like 4

Slash's solo since he's the one who wrote and recorded the original. I liked the fact that he always changed it when they performed the song live. That said, Buckethead's version of the song is absolutely amazing. Never cared for Bumblefoot's take, to me is mediocre.

Every night he played in gnr for, about 80% of the setlist. See that riff he is playing? That's Slash's.

Sure, but it's not Slash's solo

Well yes, note for note you are correct, but my point still stands: you wait all day for the King to play Suspicious Minds and you get Hull's leading Elvis tribute act! It is the same key, same riff, same scale. Sure Bucket adds his own spin on it but you know in your heart of hearts that it is as fake as a tranny's fanny.

This is a bit like asking, 'who do you like best, Elvis Presley or',

:rolleyes:

The debate is on their takes on Nightrain's second guitar solo, which the two (three including Bumble) play very differently live.

The Slash cockriding is obvious when "b-b-but he wrote it!" is thrown into the argument, like it's a factor that affects how it's forever performed.

• Like 2

IMHO Bumblefoot's AM Ring 2006 has to be the best Nightrain Solo by far. Bumble took what was there and added some shredding and it just flowed.

To to mention the whole band was on fire that night.

I love it when Tommy leaned on him and he went straight for a lower note to a high note and you can see Tommy say in his ear "WOW" and Bumble got even more into it there also.

And for you listening enjoyment....

Need I say more.

I might get stones thrown at for this comment but......

I 2006-Present which plays the old songs at a faster tempo than the old band and it works so much better live.

When I watch the old band and get board of the snail pace the play the songs at.

I have been around since the beginning so I have seen guns both old and new many many times.

• Like 1

This is a bit like asking, 'who do you like best, Elvis Presley or',

:rolleyes:

The debate is on their takes on Nightrain's second guitar solo, which the two (three including Bumble) play very differently live.

The Slash cockriding is obvious when "b-b-but he wrote it!" is thrown into the argument, like it's a factor that affects how it's forever performed.

Slash plays it the best regardless of who wrote it. It's a sleazy badass rock n roll solo and he's the only one who plays it that way. The others are simply adequate covers

• Like 1