Rate your 2014

Chris1989

9.5/10, continued relationship with girlfriend, graduated, hired for job, have a new place waiting for me in Florida in a month. Extreme improvement over the last few years. Only reason it's not 10/10 is because my family has some issues that they are not making progress on (in fact getting worse), but I'll be 500 miles away, so at least it won't affect me so badly anymore.

• Like 1

First half was terrifying, spectacular, life-affirming, dream-fulfilling and gave me a hearty dose of just about everything I want out of life. The second half took away everything from the first and has been filled largely with bland necessity (though, at least a great deal of stabiility). I don't think I could evaluate "2014" as a single entiity without it being misrepresentative of its component parts.

First half was terrifying, spectacular, life-affirming, dream-fulfilling and gave me a hearty dose of just about everything I want out of life. The second half took away everything from the first and has been filled largely with bland necessity (though, at least a great deal of stabiility). I don't think I could evaluate "2014" as a single entiity without it being misrepresentative of its component parts.

First six and second six?

First half is maybe the worst in my life (losing family members, dealing with financial problems)

Other half is decent: got a new girlfriend (a special one this time i can see our future with a kid) plus almost graduate from Uni (expected in 2015 Jun)

I cannot judge in a scale, because the first half was so fucking bad, but since September the year (and my life) was saved on so many levels

I've been very fortunate that (with two weeks left) I haven't lost anybody human from my family. A friend died earlier in the year and my grandad died in the summer, but I wasn't close to either.

I was devastated when my cat passed earlier this year, but she had a great innings to live to 19 or so. That's the only blot on the year, hence my 9 rather than 10.

Overall 8/10

Graduated vet school

Moved to a place I love

Started a great job

Made some amazing new friends

Relationship with my boyfriend is going really well

Getting on better with my mum

but...

Lost my Nanna

Fell out with one of my best friends (though given the circumstances this could be seen as a good thing overall)

Had some problems in my relationship earlier in the year

Same as some other people, a few extreme highs and lows but I feel overall there's been far more good than bad this year :)

I don't want to tempt fate, so I'll rate my year up to this day. It was a good year, no one close to me died or got sick, my family is in good health, had a few great trips with family and with friends, business has been good, can't complain at all. I'd give it 9/10.

After having had quite a few eventful years before, I'm hoping on an equally boring 2015 :) I'll choose stable over the extreme highs and lows anytime.