The Hangover/I'm an Alcoholic Thread

AxlisOld

18 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

So my sister wants me to watch her cat for a week. She said she'd buy me a case of beer as a thank you. Any suggestions? I'm more of a bud light person myself but I want to try something different.

PS- I apologize for not being an alcohol aficionado like a lot of the folks in this thread :lol:

What's your goal with it? If you just wanna get hammered, stick with Bud Light. If you wanna have a different taste or something, get some local IPA bullshit and see if you like it. Then wash it down with a case of Bud Light. 

The secret is to be a shot n a beer guy. Find the combination that works for you, and you will achieve total unconsciousness...

(man- is it me or has this thread got really heavy :smiley-confused2:)

Edited by Fitha_whiskey

28 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

So my sister wants me to watch her cat for a week. She said she'd buy me a case of beer as a thank you. Any suggestions? I'm more of a bud light person myself but I want to try something different.

PS- I apologize for not being an alcohol aficionado like a lot of the folks in this thread :lol:

my suggestion is to request two cases :lol:

Edited by soon

21 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

something similar to a light macro brew, but a little more aficionado is a style called Kolsh.  Easy drinking and paris with food easily.  Its North American counterpart would be Cream Ale I suppose.  Canadian cream ales are better then americans so i cant speak to what you might find.  Either might not be to big of a change up bt still be a new beer experience.

I bigger change up but also not likely to offend would be an Amber Lager.  More rich and brown sugary

53 minutes ago, john lennon said:

But it depends on, you know? Cos most of the time when I drink, I drink with friends because it's fun. Then there's the days when I just sit on the sofa all alone, petting the cat and downing bottle after bottle of wine, but I guess that's a lot of people from time to time, right? 

I haven't drunk today tho, so I suppose that's good, if not for me then at least for my wallet. Something fucked up last night, I think, cos I could only get through a bottle of wine and a couple sips of vodka before pretty much passing out in the park, ha. My friend that I was with woke me up and said she was gonna go grab some food and that I should go inside and have some water in the meantime, or something. So in I went and straight to the bed and passed the fuck out. Woke up four hours later because I felt so fucking sick I thought I was gonna die and realized that I'd slept through five different people trying to call me on more than one occasion each. Maybe I forgot to eat that day. 

I think you get tired and on the day of a hangover you drink to feel better, fall asleep. Sometimes you just have to not drink. Pounding wiine for no reason has no longevity. Just take it a little easier, avoid brutal hangovers. Then this cycle won't happen. 

Creme de Menthe is what DeNiro drinks at the beginning of Ronin. I think I'm going to buy a bottle of Bols. Long island Ice Teas are 2-for1 at all day happy hours. Just sowing seeds. 

Edited by wasted

1 hour ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

or disgusting sausage made with things so gross that i shall never eat them?

Ive never had chorizo but I notice on cooking shows people see to always cut off the sausage casings.  Whats in them?

1 minute ago, soon said:

Ive never had chorizo but I notice on cooking shows people see to always cut off the sausage casings.  Whats in them?

here is something on what's in them. and i was grossed out when i read that the first ingredient in salami ( the soft kind, the kind Oscar Mayer makes ) was beef hearts. :vomit:this is JMO, some may find this kind of stuff delicious!

https://www.chowhound.com/post/chorizo-crawl-pork-salivary-glands-lymph-nodes-fat-cheeks-340224

4 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

Its pigs intestines

shit, according to this article AFR linked to its plastic caseings on chorizo!  

3 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

here is something on what's in them. and i was grossed out when i read that the first ingredient in salami ( the soft kind, the kind Oscar Mayer makes ) was beef hearts. :vomit:this is JMO, some may find this kind of stuff delicious!

https://www.chowhound.com/post/chorizo-crawl-pork-salivary-glands-lymph-nodes-fat-cheeks-340224

Why on earth would it be plastic caseings?!

Id pass on salivary glands myself! :lol:

This is why I make my own hot dogs

2 minutes ago, soon said:

shit, according to this article AFR linked to its plastic caseings on chorizo!  

Why on earth would it be plastic caseings?!

Id pass on salivary glands myself! :lol:

This is why I make my own hot dogs

the only hot dogs i eat are Hebrew National brand. they don't have all that icky stuff ( i actually called them to be sure! )

as for the plastic casing idk why but ewww ewww ewww! it cannot be good :facepalm:

4 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

the only hot dogs i eat are Hebrew National brand. they don't have all that icky stuff ( i actually called them to be sure! )

as for the plastic casing idk why but ewww ewww ewww! it cannot be good :facepalm:

Well researched hot dogs! :) Thats a good option to know about because sometimes Im too lazy to make em.

I know that in the mid east its common to make homemade mortadella in plastic casing, but for something mass produced I just dont get why!  I gather they're not smoked if its plastic.   I agree: melted plastic is more then likely not healthy to consume!!