The Hangover/I'm an Alcoholic Thread

AxlisOld

1 minute ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

I swear to god, taking acid and shrooms made me look at the world in a completely different way in my late teens/ early 20s. It sticks with me to this day. Really made me a much kinder person. 

Wish I knew where to get some of either these days...

I maintain that the point of psychedelics is the perspectives they give you, and the high is just a nice bonus.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, john lennon said:

Dude, I make my own beer. And wine. And it's fucking great, too. And a lot cheaper than the shit you buy.

See your pure class, I'm in sports bar at 11:29 am. Early lunch drinking 2 for 1 Tigers like a fuckin professional. I know beer is carbs but fuck you. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

damn it i never got a chance to eat chorizo cos before i could it was explained to me exactly what is IN chorizo. is it like linguica at all? i love linguica ;)

No idea, it's spicy sausage. I got the cheap pre-slice pack just for omellettes and salads. But I just blew it a cold beer but it's been a month. I'm not in prison, it's free country/dictatorship. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, wasted said:

No idea, it's spicy sausage. I got the cheap pre-slice pack just for omellettes and salads. But I just blew it a cold beer but it's been a month. I'm not in prison, it's free country/dictatorship. 

i used to love sausage that came in like the packages like the ones bologna come it. then i found it what it was made of ( beef hearts, tongues, organs ) and i was like nooooooo thanks! chorizo has beef tongue in it :vomit:

3 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

i used to love sausage that came in like the packages like the ones bologna come it. then i found it what it was made of ( beef hearts, tongues, organs ) and i was like nooooooo thanks! chorizo has beef tongue in it :vomit:

I eat plates of beef tongue in korean restaurants. It's satisfying chewing through it. 

McDs say 100% beef, we think 100% cow. But Look at DeCap in That movie I can't remember the name of Revernant, he's eating raw buffalo with hands, like a child of god - it's healthy! Compared to cola and chips, god gammed Bug Muck. Eat animals it's the right thing to do. I know deer and elk look cute but shooting them is actually being kind they have horrible lives freezing to death or get eaten by hyenas. 

• Like 1

Just now, wasted said:

I eat plates of beef tongue in korean restaurants. It's satisfying chewing through it. 

McDs say 100% beef, we think 100% cow. But Look at DeCap in That movie I can't remember the name of Revernant, he's eating raw buffalo with hands, like a child of god - it's healthy! Compared to cola and chips, god gammed Bug Muck. Eat animals it's the right thing to do. I know deer and elk look cute but shooting them is actually being kind they have horrible lives freezing to death or get eaten by hyenas. 

i actually LOVE buffalo! nice, lean and it has frickin' flavor :P

5 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

i actually LOVE buffalo! nice, lean and it has frickin' flavor :P

Raw buffalo must be minging tho innit

I had a Bison burger once. Not sure if it was actual bison or just a gimmick name. It tasted gamey to me. 

I haven't had a burger in 2 moths. I ghosted past Carl's Jr the other day. Like a stealth ninja. I still have all free gifts they gave from my 3 year residency there. 

I like blue cheese burgers, that place was across from the Bison burger place. Swartz brothers burgers was it's name. I think if I just took a Whopper and blue cheese on it that might work. But my new thing is japanese burgers, no bun, they solved the mystery!

Edited by wasted
  • Like 1

On 2017-05-10 at 5:30 AM, wasted said:

See your pure class, I'm in sports bar at 11:29 am. Early lunch drinking 2 for 1 Tigers like a fuckin professional. I know beer is carbs but fuck you. 

Fuck it, I do the same thing every time I find the chance. Fuck, I'm drunk now. 

I mean isn't it quite sad tho? I don't think I've been sober for 24 hours in over a year, and I'm 21. 

7 hours ago, john lennon said:

Fuck it, I do the same thing every time I find the chance. Fuck, I'm drunk now. 

I mean isn't it quite sad tho? I don't think I've been sober for 24 hours in over a year, and I'm 21. 

If it's interfering with your life it's a problem. 

You should try different things and see what works. Gettng trashed everyday doesn't work out great generally. Why do you do it? Are you afraid of something? 

I'm not the best person to ask about this. 

Some places it's just the norm. But always good to take a few days off. Sometimes instead of drinking I go on long walks and get a coke zero. But in social situations I drink just so I don't talk too much shit. 

On 5/10/2017 at 2:42 AM, wasted said:

Raw buffalo must be minging tho innit

I had a Bison burger once. Not sure if it was actual bison or just a gimmick name. It tasted gamey to me. 

I haven't had a burger in 2 moths. I ghosted past Carl's Jr the other day. Like a stealth ninja. I still have all free gifts they gave from my 3 year residency there. 

I like blue cheese burgers, that place was across from the Bison burger place. Swartz brothers burgers was it's name. I think if I just took a Whopper and blue cheese on it that might work. But my new thing is japanese burgers, no bun, they solved the mystery!

buffalo is not gamey at all to me. it has an intensely beefy taste. my dad was a hunter and he'd catch or deer or so a year and for a while we had venison steaks which WERE gamey. then my mom came up with the idea to cut it in very thin slices and make deer stroganoff. that was great! i have had wild goose which i could not even really taste cos there isn't but a scrap of meat on them, just a huge body cavity. had elk, which was a bright dark purple, we BBQ'd and ate it too soon, it was gross :P

1 minute ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

buffalo is not gamey at all to me. it has an intensely beefy taste. my dad was a hunter and he'd catch or deer or so a year and for a while we had venison steaks which WERE gamey. then my mom came up with the idea to cut it in very thin slices and make deer stroganoff. that was great! i have had wild goose which i could not even really taste cos there isn't but a scrap of meat on them, just a huge body cavity. had elk, which was a bright dark purple, we BBQ'd and ate it too soon, it was gross :P

Yeah really rich taste. I mean I only had it once. It was like duck to chicken. Gamey is sort of for birds though. I actually don't mind pig cartilage or beef tendons. Cartilage with chilis isn't bad. Beef tendon in spicy noodle is good too. Fish heads and chicken feet are still a no from me. 

On 2017-05-12 at 2:59 AM, wasted said:

If it's interfering with your life it's a problem. 

You should try different things and see what works. Gettng trashed everyday doesn't work out great generally. Why do you do it? Are you afraid of something? 

I'm not the best person to ask about this. 

Some places it's just the norm. But always good to take a few days off. Sometimes instead of drinking I go on long walks and get a coke zero. But in social situations I drink just so I don't talk too much shit. 

Constant boredom, I suppose. It's harder to be bored when you're drunk outta your mind. 

6 minutes ago, john lennon said:

Constant boredom, I suppose. It's harder to be bored when you're drunk outta your mind. 

I was thinking about is it sad to drink while caning wine in the tapas bar and I thought well if you're drinking to have fun you know it's not, you're out meeting people or just having a few drinks at home. But if you're just locking yourself in a room and drink a bottle of bourbon on your own everyday. Then that might be sad. But that actually sounds awesome. I don't really get drunk, just awesome. 

1 hour ago, john lennon said:

You've basically encapsulated the reason why I've been doing drugs all my life.  It's not even so much that doing drugs made it un-boring...but its at least something.

31 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

You've basically encapsulated the reason why I've been doing drugs all my life.  It's not even so much that doing drugs made it un-boring...but its at least something.

It's just that we don't challenge ourselves mentally, but actually even the people wrestling with the questions of the cosmos still come up with nothing interesting. So getting lashed is the only option. I'm getting better at drinking is the way I see it. 

• Like 2

Just now, wasted said:

It's just that we don't challenge ourselves mentally, but actually even the people wrestling with the questions of the cosmos still come up with nothing interesting. So getting lashed is the only option.

Exactly!  In the immortal words of Edward Hitler 'hey ho, it's all a load of bollocks!'.

On 8 May 2017 at 8:29 AM, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

anise and licorice are the same you make the licorice from anise ( the Produce Goddess aka me KNOWS ;) )

Not actually the same it's like saying milk and cheese are the same? 

Licorice allsorts are different to aniseed balls is how I experienced it. Aniseed balls everyday at school. Allsorts for christmas. 

3 hours ago, wasted said:

Not actually the same it's like saying milk and cheese are the same? 

Licorice allsorts are different to aniseed balls is how I experienced it. Aniseed balls everyday at school. Allsorts for christmas. 

a co-worker brought us all back unsweetened licorice from The Netherlands, IMO it was truly atrocious :(

10 hours ago, wasted said:

I was thinking about is it sad to drink while caning wine in the tapas bar and I thought well if you're drinking to have fun you know it's not, you're out meeting people or just having a few drinks at home. But if you're just locking yourself in a room and drink a bottle of bourbon on your own everyday. Then that might be sad. But that actually sounds awesome. I don't really get drunk, just awesome. 

But it depends on, you know? Cos most of the time when I drink, I drink with friends because it's fun. Then there's the days when I just sit on the sofa all alone, petting the cat and downing bottle after bottle of wine, but I guess that's a lot of people from time to time, right? 

I haven't drunk today tho, so I suppose that's good, if not for me then at least for my wallet. Something fucked up last night, I think, cos I could only get through a bottle of wine and a couple sips of vodka before pretty much passing out in the park, ha. My friend that I was with woke me up and said she was gonna go grab some food and that I should go inside and have some water in the meantime, or something. So in I went and straight to the bed and passed the fuck out. Woke up four hours later because I felt so fucking sick I thought I was gonna die and realized that I'd slept through five different people trying to call me on more than one occasion each. Maybe I forgot to eat that day. 

So my sister wants me to watch her cat for a week. She said she'd buy me a case of beer as a thank you. Any suggestions? I'm more of a bud light person myself but I want to try something different.

PS- I apologize for not being an alcohol aficionado like a lot of the folks in this thread :lol:

Edited by Gibson_Guy87

4 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

So my sister wants me to watch her cat for a week. She said she'd buy me a case of beer as a thank you. Any suggestions? I'm more of a bud light person myself but I want to try something different.

PS- I apologize for not being an alcohol aficionado like a lot of the folks in this thread :lol:

See if she can get you about ten litres of Diamond White cider. By the time she returns from holidays her house will be completely fucked and the cat will be dead. Give it a year or so and she might even start speaking to you again.

23 minutes ago, john lennon said:

But it depends on, you know? Cos most of the time when I drink, I drink with friends because it's fun. Then there's the days when I just sit on the sofa all alone, petting the cat and downing bottle after bottle of wine, but I guess that's a lot of people from time to time, right? 

I haven't drunk today tho, so I suppose that's good, if not for me then at least for my wallet. Something fucked up last night, I think, cos I could only get through a bottle of wine and a couple sips of vodka before pretty much passing out in the park, ha. My friend that I was with woke me up and said she was gonna go grab some food and that I should go inside and have some water in the meantime, or something. So in I went and straight to the bed and passed the fuck out. Woke up four hours later because I felt so fucking sick I thought I was gonna die and realized that I'd slept through five different people trying to call me on more than one occasion each. Maybe I forgot to eat that day. 

If you're a daily drinker and you start to continually get drunk/pass out quickly that may be somethings be cautious about.  I think, in the medical community that uses these terms, they refer to that as a symptom of a 'second stage' alcoholic.  Meaning that the effect on body has increased.  Im not saying you're an alcoholic of any stage to be clear.  Just thought one might wanna have that info case this pattern continues.  If it does, you can use that as a measure for when to cut back a bit.  If you want to.  Not trying to preach here.