The Hangover/I'm an Alcoholic Thread

AxlisOld

15 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Exactly, you're not really watching the movie, just drifting in and out, but I've seen those movies a hundred times so I don't need to 'follow' it anyway, and most of the movies I listed are music movies so it basically works like a jukebox for me... you're just drifting away and every ten minutes or so there's a cool song playing in the background.

Yeah, I see your point I suppose. 

• Like 1

Ted makes more sense drunk. It’s a talking bear there aren’t many subtexts or metaphors, maybe Ted is actually Marky mark’s child or something. Or dad actually. It’s a bear that drinks and smokes. 

Edited by wasted

2 hours ago, wasted said:

Ted makes more sense drunk. It’s a talking bear there aren’t many subtexts or metaphors, maybe Ted is actually Marky mark’s child or something. Or dad actually. It’s a bear that drinks and smokes. 

drinks and smokes?  sounds cool now, im gonna watch it!

10 hours ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Asahi is a great beer but Sapporo is the greatest Japanese beer

It’s alright for one. It’s fruity. Kirin is another one. Hard to really have six.

Asahi light is probably the perfect all round. Tsingdao lite is good too for chinese food/hot weather. 

10 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I have disliked lager ever since I was in Greece and had to drink this muck called Mythos.

I remember drinking Amstel in Greece it might be dutch though. Hard to really finish one. 

10 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

drinks and smokes?  sounds cool now, im gonna watch it!

It’s just kind of the Boston stoner comedy. 

4 hours ago, lukepowell1988 said:

To be honest mate I drink Carlsberg so I am no judge ( mainly as it is cheap and widely available ) but in the grand scheme of things it's a shit beer 

True I’m weighing up taste against cheapest and drinkabity. After a week of Suntory 4 for 11 rmb I have a Carlsberg and savor the elixir. These Tsingdao lites were 4.5rmb. But I spent 100 on beef rolls, chicken wings and sichuan beef noodle from Qian Qiu. 

Just now, lukepowell1988 said:

I find Carsberg is semi drinkable with a lemonade top and its a good football watching beer in the sense that I can drink 6 cans during a game and not be completely shit faced.

It’s not worth the money. Heniekken I can’t spell but it’s not worth the money. Tsingdao is fine, it sens you a bit loopy because its so easy to down. Things like Stella are bity, I like that sting. That’s why I like Suntory. 

What really messes me up is Bass or Pedigree. A pint is nice in beer garden or something. But 8 cans of Bass is a lot of cleaning up. 

HK San Miguel works pretty well it’s like the Stella of southern Europe. Estrella is good.

2 wings, 2 rolls, 6 cans. Watch Ted 2. 

Sichuan beef noodle might be breakfast. 

The Meg and Antman are on here. I went through Grand Gateway Imax today. It’s like a spaceship up there. Might just slum it in the local 3D cinema. A Mcdonalds opened up next to it. 2 Double Fillet O Fish meals. They really made a mistake. 17rmb for double Fillet o fish or burger and sausage. Why would anyone look at the rest of the menu?

1 minute ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Asian Mcdonalds are bomb.

When in Thailand I always get double fish fillets and the double big macs.

They also do triple cheese burgers.

If I remember from my last trip to HK Big macs are dirt cheap there?

Haven't been to the mainland in years however 

The meal was 30 rmb today mainland. I don’t go to Mcdonalds in HK, I’m too bloated from some insane dim sum deal. After two days I can not shit. Gluten is evil. But if you going to prison, eat a ton of Dim Sum. Nothing is going in or out for a week. 

But the fast food places are like palaces. Like they have those Space Egg chairs in KFC at the Bund. Glamorous hormones. 

Burger King I try to order a Whopper and the girl always says “Double”. Okay! Stop! I can’t you see I came here against my will!

9 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Funny how no matter where in the world you go Fast food staff are robotically trained to offer to double up

It’s just in Asia double up is 30p. 

Like Apple pies at McDonalds 2 for 10HK$. Never had one before. Maybe it’s just the size of the neon sign that convinces me. 

Edited by wasted

here currently doing 2 apple pies for £1 in the UK .... Not that I go there every other day 

I love the Pineapple pies in Thailand going back in October Mcdonalds will be my 1st stop 

It’s a worldwide conspiracy. Maybe its the aircon. McDonalds in UK doesn’t make sense. Curry mix. 

You mean those sort of pastry cake pineapple things in a box? They are good to have around. 

No these things are identical to the Apple pie but have Pineapple filling there awesome they also do Taro and corn .... not a fan of the corn 1 personally 

I’ve had that one. Thailand fuck shit up. Everythings purple or strawberry. But I think it’s spread everywhere now? I had Strawberry Lays the other day. Mint Sprite? It’s alright but not for a Gin mixer. Sprite Zero is perfect mixer. It goes with tequila, gin, rum anything. And no diabetes, free at last! Free atlas!

3 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Never really been into Sprite as a mixer recently discovered Gin and tonic however ... love that shit 

I just can’t find diet tonic. But it’s better with real tonic. I wanted to get the Gordon’s 2 for 20 in duty free but I literally couldn’t carry anything else. I saw someone in HK get on with a flat screen TV. He took up the entire compartment. I had all my stuff under my seat. 

8 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Yes, one or two places had Amstel, but when you asked for a larger most would bring out a Mythos. 

The worst local beer they could find. The pro move. Any hotel recommends a restaurant it’s terrible it’s just someone’s relative owns it. 

2 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

I didn't think you could take a TV on a plane ... The Chinese huh? The little Budgens down the end of my road is doing 4 cans of Gordans and Tonic mix for £5 you can mix and match with Vodka and coke jack n coke ect 

I saw those around. Must be mixed nicely. My second Gin n tonic is a glass of gin with some tonic on top. Probably keep you even though. JD have lost it too. Multi colored bottles, fruit, I just got out of there. I can get Pastis here for 3 quid. You know you have siphilis when you start drinking Pastis. 

It is just a regular lager. Bit like a Carlsberg I suppose.

I think 'Spoons have it, bottled, with their other international beers (Moreti, Peroni, Tsingtao, etc). 

If you want to give yourself the shits, nip into a Spoons and sample it. 

Edited by DieselDaisy