The Hangover/I'm an Alcoholic Thread

AxlisOld

2 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

As I understand it you guys got everything over there that we got over here anyway booze-wise right?  Probably more. 

Most likely, but you're going to have to look. But there is no way you're drinking our domestics at room temperature. I would personally have to institutionalize you on the grounds of insanity if you did.

Edited by arnold layne

There's a ton of American stuff I wanna try booze wise.  Like a 40, I gotta know what a 40 is like, Olde English, St Ides, Colt 45, all that shit, i been seeing and hearing about that shit since I was a child.  And JTS Brown too, JTS Brown bourbon (Paul Newman drank it in the Hustler, yeah yeah, I'm a fuckin' nerd, sue me). 

7 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

There's a ton of American stuff I wanna try booze wise.  Like a 40, I gotta know what a 40 is like, Olde English, St Ides, Colt 45, all that shit, i been seeing and hearing about that shit since I was a child.  And JTS Brown too, JTS Brown bourbon (Paul Newman drank it in the Hustler, yeah yeah, I'm a fuckin' nerd, sue me). 

Yes! Yes! Yes! A proper Colt 45 or a Mickeys will get you revved up for sure.

17 minutes ago, wasted said:

I had a Miller High Life in a Roppongi motel. Not much left to achieve in life. 

It ain't the proper thing if you ain't had it in America.  In the same way as you ain't had Newcastle Brown properly unless you've had it in England on a cold drizzly day with a north-easterly wind stinging your skin into numbed submission that is assuaged only by a hot portion of chips wrapped up in an old newspaper.  It ain't just the drink, its the experience, by which rationale I suppose I'm going to have to find a bunch of black gang members in America to have my 40 with, so perhaps I'm talking bollocks.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

It ain't the proper thing if you ain't had it in America.  In the same way as you ain't had Newcastle Brown properly unless you've had it in England on a cold drizzly day with a north-easterly wind stinging your skin into numbed submission that is assuaged only by a hot portion of chips wrapped up in an old newspaper.  It ain't just the drink, its the experience, by which rationale I suppose I'm going to have to find a bunch of black gang members in America to have my 40 with, so perhaps I'm talking bollocks.

“Dreams can come true, you know you got to have them”

Mine was a Tekken combo with Gangster Afterlife. 

2 hours ago, arnold layne said:

The state finally voted to allow high abv beer to be available in convenience stores (instead of just liquor stores). It starts next month. 

I have been drinking light beer for years. I don't want to go the liquor store and buy piss warm beer (Yes. It is sold warm. Why? Because we are governed by dumb rednecks.).

Coors Light in the meantime. 

What state are you in? I live in KS and we’ve got the same thing starting soon. You’re probably not in KS because our liquor store beer is ice cold. Im actually against it because it’s gonna put a lot of mom n pop shops out of business, and a lot of our little towns need those places. The big grocery chains already get their enough of the working man’s dollar... but then again, it’s more convenient for lots of people, so...

Edited by Fitha_whiskey

4 hours ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

What state are you in? I live in KS and we’ve got the same thing starting soon. You’re probably not in KS because our liquor store beer is ice cold. Im actually against it because it’s gonna put a lot of mom n pop shops out of business, and a lot of our little towns need those places. The big grocery chains already get their enough of the working man’s dollar... but then again, it’s more convenient for lots of people, so...

So you guys cant buy spirits in convenience stores?

10 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

4 drinks?  Fuckin' bunch of fraggles.  First time I got PROPER fucked I done the best part of an entire bottle of Havana Club.

I know. I don't like the moral at the end either, all of them saying: ''it was interesting, but not worth it''. Fuck that... they should have said: ''Why did I wait so long to get drunk for the first time? It was fucking great, I'm going to do this every weekend from now on''.

7 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

It's surprising isn't it ?!? It's the same in Canada, but i dunno if it varies from state to state @arnold layne does it? What about supermarkets? 

Yes. It is a complex issue.

Alcohol laws very from state to state and county by county. I am not sure if you know what counties are, but basically states can have dozens of counties.

Each of those counties can modify their own alcohol laws, but really the only power they have is to disallow the sale of alcohol. We call those dry counties. There are very few dry counties remaining these days. Alabama is the only state I know for certain with more than a few.

State laws vary as well. States such as Arizona and Louisiana allow the sale of liquor at gas stations and convenience stores as well as beer. Where I live, convenience stores and supermarkets can sell beer, but not liquor or wine. Liquor and wine may only be purchased at liquor stores.

The federal government has its own laws too but alcohol is pretty much a state issue. Which is ironic. Conservatives love their liquor and yell, "States rights!" with alcohol but get their panties in a wad when states want for marijuana. 

The whole thing is fucked if you ask me, but that is how politics works. Hope that answers your question.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, arnold layne said:

Each of those counties can modify their own alcohol laws, but really the only power they have is to disallow the sale of alcohol. We call those dry counties. There are very few dry counties remaining these days. Alabama is the only state I know for certain with more than a few.

Thanks for the info :oI didn't know about the dry counties, does that mean you have to go to another county to buy a drink? can you bring alcohol home if you live there? Or you just can't buy it?

1 minute ago, marlingrl03 said:

Alaska is a red conservative state with very lax liquor laws but slowly changing cause we legalized pot a year ago!

My workmate is currently on a cruise to Alaska, i've asked her to bring me a bear cub home :lol:

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, arnold layne said:

Yes. It is a complex issue.

Alcohol laws very from state to state and county by county. I am not sure if you know what counties are, but basically states can have dozens of counties.

State laws vary as well. States such as Arizona and Louisiana allow the sale of liquor at gas stations and convenience stores as well as beer. Where I live, convenience stores and supermarkets can sell beer, but not liquor or wine. Liquor and wine may only be purchased at liquor stores.

The federal government has its own laws too but alcohol is pretty much a state issue. Which is ironic. Conservatives love their liquor and yell, "States rights!" with alcohol but get their panties in a wad when states want for marijuana. 

The whole thing is fucked if you ask me, but that is how politics works. Hope that answers your question.

Yeah but whats the point?  Dont make sense, its just mildly less convenient but it doesn’t stop anybody from doing anything.  Its like they think you’re all so lazy you’ll just go fuck it cuz the walks out of the way :lol:  But what if there’s a liquor store on the way home anyway?  And anyway yous all drive everywhere right?  So its just nipping out the motor for another 2 mins on your travels and picking up some booze.  To be honest, I wouldn’t care if they never sold it in convenience stores.  Seems pretty arbitrary though.  ‘In an effort to curb drinking we’ve decided to give hard liquor its own little shops’ :lol:  Is it even to curb drinking?  I’m fuckin’ baffled to be honest.

There are counties in America where they don’t sell booze?!  Did i read that right?

Edited by Len Cnut