The Hangover/I'm an Alcoholic Thread

AxlisOld

10 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

Are they mostly young drinkers? 

I guess everyone can be a weekend-alcoholic, but yeah... it's usually kids in school who don't drink at all during the week but then in the weekend go nuts... and end up in the hospital with alcohol poisoning or whatever.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, soon said:

Like Bibimbap?

More like Pot Noodle but rice, sort of but not as stew like with a mushroom and an egg floating in it. 

It’s more like western flavored congee. Pot Rice tomato flavour or beef flavor. Pour boiling water into plastic pot. Instant slurp.

Kusla Lumpur was land of Satay and Chicken Rice. 

Edited by wasted

I think people themselves more of a mischief worrying about how much they drink than anything, I don't think 'binge drinking', if its characterised by getting hammered on the weekend, is particularly bad for you.  How can continously drinking over the week be better for you than just drinking on the weekend?  I think everybodys different and its up to everybody to look after themselves and do whats right and good for you with any given thing and boozing is no different, if you can hack it doing it everyday and still get things done then by all means, crack on.

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

I think people themselves more of a mischief worrying about how much they drink than anything, I don't think 'binge drinking', if its characterised by getting hammered on the weekend, is particularly bad for you.  How can continously drinking over the week be better for you than just drinking on the weekend?  I think everybodys different and its up to everybody to look after themselves and do whats right and good for you with any given thing and boozing is no different, if you can hack it doing it everyday and still get things done then by all means, crack on.

Yeah if drinking doesn't affect your 1) health and 2) daily wellbeing then there is no problem. Period. 

Americans, in particular, are known masochists. Only we would feel shame for enjoying ourselves. We had prohibition after all. Dumb cunts. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, janrichmond said:

@EvanG I think he's saying binge drinking is worse than daily drinking? @SoulMonster is that it?

Yes, binge drinking is bad and also that planning weeks without alcohol is a neurotic way to go about it and may imply an alcohol problem. If you have a normal relationship with alcohol and don't drink in excess, then you don't have to plan drinking weeks that way, just like you wouldn't with any other foodstuffs. 

10 minutes ago, wasted said:

Like getting lashed every night? I think I understand. 

I tell you what, there's nothing worse for a man than stopping drinking.  I never get fuckin' ill, the minute I stop drinking I get the flu, i feel lethargic, I'm completely fucked.  When I'm on the drink all i get is hangovers.

Just now, Len Cnut said:

I tell you what, there's nothing worse for a man than stopping drinking.  I never get fuckin' ill, the minute I stop drinking I get the flu, i feel lethargic, I'm completely fucked.  When I'm on the drink all i get is hangovers.

I did once. It was bad.

Even if I have a bad hangover by 8 I’m fine and could have a cold beer easily. 

10 hours ago, wasted said:

More like Pot Noodle but rice, sort of but not as stew like with a mushroom and an egg floating in it. 

It’s more like western flavored congee. Pot Rice tomato flavour or beef flavor. Pour boiling water into plastic pot. Instant slurp.

Kusla Lumpur was land of Satay and Chicken Rice. 

Oh, I never heard of either Pots before. Thanks for pic! 

Sounds like the kinda thing that is objectively not good, except sometimes its the best for unknown reasons.

Never been able to get into congee. The one I was served looked like a culture at a lab.

4 hours ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Have given up the booze much harder than expected 

Well done, sir

4 minutes ago, soon said:

Oh, I never heard of either Pots before. Thanks for pic! 

Sounds like the kinda thing that is objectively not good, except sometimes its the best for unknown reasons.

Never been able to get into congee. The one I was served looked like a culture at a lab.

Well done, sir

don’t encourage him. 

Not great, but if you are taking an over night train to Chengdu in February. 

Congee looks horrible. But it can be pretty salty. There are whole restaursnts dedicated to it which I think is too much. I bypass congee for roast pork and duck. 

8 minutes ago, wasted said:

don’t encourage him. 

Not great, but if you are taking an over night train to Chengdu in February. 

Congee looks horrible. But it can be pretty salty. There are whole restaursnts dedicated to it which I think is too much. I bypass congee for roast pork and duck. 

He's leaving (leaving) on the midnight train to Chengdu, said he's going back to a simpler time, now they bringing back the Rice Pot.

Here the roast duck is skyrocketing in price while the egg rolls are getting smaller. Its difficult to look at a stubby egg roll.

2 minutes ago, soon said:

He's leaving (leaving) on the midnight train to Chengdu, said he's going back to a simpler time, now they bringing back the Rice Pot.

Here the roast duck is skyrocketing in price while the egg rolls are getting smaller. Its difficult to look at a stubby egg roll.

I graduated to Beef rolls. Roast pork is 40HK$. enough for 4 people. 

15 minutes ago, wasted said:

Is there a Qianqiu Taiwan Restaurant in the area. It’s a chain. 

Nah, I checked, but thanks for the tip. Not much Taiwanese restaurants as far as I know. Form my earlier search for beef roll I had the impression it was Japanese?

42 minutes ago, soon said:

Nah, I checked, but thanks for the tip. Not much Taiwanese restaurants as far as I know. Form my earlier search for beef roll I had the impression it was Japanese?

It’s just a pancake type thing with beef and cucumber and some thick fish sauce. There probably various kinds. 

Actually japanese beef rolls look a lot better in that gourmet way. The taiwan beef rolls gave me heart palpitations last time. Pretty  heavy muthas. 

Edited by wasted

8 minutes ago, wasted said:

It’s just a pancake type thing with beef and cucumber and some thick fish sauce. There probably various kinds. 

Actually japanese beef rolls look a lot better in that gourmet way. The taiwan beef rolls gave me heart palpitations last time. Pretty  heavy muthas. 

Sounds like both types have their charms. Im pumped, thanks!

20 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Damm that's less than a quid? 

Scratch that looks like the exchange rate has taken a massive dive since I last visited 

It’s probably 3.50?

but I think a 10HK$ box would be enough for 1 person.