The Hangover/I'm an Alcoholic Thread

AxlisOld

The worst beer I have ever had was in Philadelphia. I don't remember the name, but we asked the bartender for his best beer and ended up with the worst beer I've ever tasted. I couldn't even finish it and I'm not one to not finish a beer usually. I don't know if this says something about Americans or just this particular bartender, but I've learned my lesson.

47 minutes ago, EvanG said:

The worst beer I have ever had was in Philadelphia. I don't remember the name, but we asked the bartender for his best beer and ended up with the worst beer I've ever tasted. I couldn't even finish it and I'm not one to not finish a beer usually. I don't know if this says something about Americans or just this particular bartender, but I've learned my lesson.

Worst beer - worst few actually - I've ever had was in NYC. I think theres something up with the New England/Yank brewers. Not really a fan of Samuel Adams (Boston) either. The New York craft beers tasted like red wheat, corn syrup or breakfast cereal. One smelled of beef barley soup as if they forgot to malt the barely. And my host was excitedly giving me the "beer tour." 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Budweiser and all, tastes like someone poured a load of tap water in a beer.

It’s basically designed for either really humid hot weather or for having with food, outdoor life also part of it. The ads always used to be about going fishing. But I read up on it and lite beer was introduced for workers so they could have a beer with lunch. It’s kind of meant to have no taste or body. That sort of suited lightweights and binge drinkers. Pool players. Underage drinkers. 

But Budweiser as we know it comes from Czech Budweisse. They sell that on tap some places. 

Internationally Bud is 3.6% as Asia etc prefer lite beers. 

Fosters is 5%. I think that’s a miracle as it tastes like water. That’s Australian but not sure it’s most popular. It’s a barbq beer for just throwing around. 

First bottle of Pastis of summer. Got chick peas and lemon to go full terrorist. 

10 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Fosters is like somebody has peed into a can.

You never guess who sponsors my sports team?

32F9E99300000578-3542179-image-a-56_1460

Tacky as shit, isn't it? 

Traitors is the word. 

Surely there’s a English beer like Bass. Bass is probably owned by a german company by now. 

7 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I saw the Iron Maiden beer in a store for the first time a few days ago, so I bought a couple cans. It's better than I expected tbh, but the last 'band beer' I tried was the AC/DC one, which is best forgotten about.

cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpeg

I’m assuming it’s much like

th?id=OIP.FlbWx4Tr3cPItz9gM1ZtdQHaJE&pid

I saw and had to get

th?id=OIP.v1stkFi4ftNTXX6YIUy6QAHaLl&pid

10 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I saw the Iron Maiden beer in a store for the first time a few days ago, so I bought a couple cans. It's better than I expected tbh, but the last 'band beer' I tried was the AC/DC one, which is best forgotten about.

cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpeg

Didnt know that "British Beer" was a style, lol. Maybe it is? Makes me guess at an ESB or an ale with a creamy head like Bass?

I drank an off season beer on a humid day. Was a panic purchase after I accidentally found myself in the epicentre of the Pride Parade. Couldn't see through a sea of flags and feather boas that also draped my face, was being grinded agasint from every which way. I just called out for the only beer I could remember the brew pub sold and ran away. A nice local red ale with toasted toffee, caramel, chocolate and nut malt notes with pine and citrus hops. Great beer, but wrong season. Feels like it messed with my beer mojo.

25 minutes ago, soon said:

I drank an off season beer on a humid day. Was a panic purchase after I accidentally found myself in the epicentre of the Pride Parade. Couldn't see through a sea of flags and feather boas that also draped my face, was being grinded agasint from every which way. I just called out for the only beer I could remember the brew pub sold and ran away. A nice local red ale with toasted toffee, caramel, chocolate and nut malt notes with pine and citrus hops. Great beer, but wrong season. Feels like it messed with my beer mojo.

I wish I could drink better beer but I just get whatevers cheapest. In humidity cheap beer is the best. Winter is better for heavier beers. I can’t take warm beer, Guinness extra cold was a good idea.