The Hangover/I'm an Alcoholic Thread

AxlisOld

I had to put my kefir grains to sleep. Id been using them to make low abv brews and since they are probiotic too, I thought I was doing my heath some good. Kefir is a bacterial cultreu that survives by eating sugar. But what I learned is that kefir doesnt eat the fructose aspect of sugar (or how ever that would properly be stated. Fructose remains in final drink). And Fructose is very easily and quickly absorbed by human body. Meaning I was giving myself a fairly significant blood sugar spike when enjoying some beers. 

6 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

What's good to mix with green apple vodka? 

Hmmm, thats a good question. If by chance you have cinnamon sticks, you could steep one in the bottle or garnish a tall-glass vodka/water or vodka/tonic with a cinnamon stick. Like an apple pie. I wouldn't suggest using ground cinnamon though.

• Thanks 1

On 6/29/2018 at 12:15 AM, wasted said:

Fibulvvinter. I can’t find it. 

I just got 4 cans of 12% Bear Beer. Nobody wants it. I live for their loss. 

Does 12% beer even taste like beer?  I'd imagine it probably tatses more like a sweet wine.

43 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

Does 12% beer even taste like beer?  I'd imagine it probably tatses more like a sweet wine.

It tastes malty. It’s not refreshing or crisp like a Peroni. It tastes like industrial IPA or something, there’s a metallic taste underneath. 

1 12% can is like having 3 beers. One can is all I needed. 2 or 3 felt like I drank a bottle of wine. I should have made 4 tall boys last 4 days. But I just necked them and woke with hangover. It was like a dollar for 2 cans. 

My rationale is red wine gives me a headache and it’s hard flogging through 6 cans of bud. 1 can of 12% is all I need. 

• Haha 1

On 04/07/2018 at 5:22 PM, wasted said:

It tastes malty. It’s not refreshing or crisp like a Peroni. It tastes like industrial IPA or something, there’s a metallic taste underneath. 

1 12% can is like having 3 beers. One can is all I needed. 2 or 3 felt like I drank a bottle of wine. I should have made 4 tall boys last 4 days. But I just necked them and woke with hangover. It was like a dollar for 2 cans. 

My rationale is red wine gives me a headache and it’s hard flogging through 6 cans of bud. 1 can of 12% is all I need. 

Do you not find Bud as being similar to beer someone has stuck a garden hose in?  Its all about Grolsch and Stella.

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

Do you not find Bud as being similar to beer someone has stuck a garden hose in?  Its all about Grolsch and Stella.

Yes, water but when it’s 40 degrees and 99% humidity it’s good. But I go Suntory.

Light beer was invented to drink in the day or with food. 

I haven’t really found the perfect beer. The first ice cold Stella is always good though. Peroni isn’t bad. 

I’ve moved on to Gin n Tonics and Pastis though much more refreshing in humidity. 

Do you know what's a pretty nice lager? Carling. Fuck off, fuck off i know, i knoe but there, I've said it. I've avoided it for about ten years but bought a crate from Tescos a few weeks ago and stuck them in the fridge. Really nice ice cold as a welcome home from work.

11 hours ago, spunko12345 said:

Do you know what's a pretty nice lager? Carling. Fuck off, fuck off i know, i knoe but there, I've said it. I've avoided it for about ten years but bought a crate from Tescos a few weeks ago and stuck them in the fridge. Really nice ice cold as a welcome home from work.

Only time I drank it was at Leeds Reading festival. It was easy to drink. 

I think Fosters might be like that too.

Carlsberg is good if you are going to drink 10 cans, there’s no bitter after taste. It goes down smoothly. 

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

I stopped drinking Larger. Rank stuff. I now only drink real ales. If I have to go the cans from the corner shop route I'll opt for Guinness. There is just this funny taste with larger, like somebody has peed in it. 

The chemicals they use. But there are German lagers or pale ales that aren’t radioactive. Also imported things like Corona are just cheap beer in Mexico. So it’s not meant to be good? 

I just buy whatever is on offer like a professional. 

2 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Scrumpy?!  You fuckin’ yokel :lol:

Cider n black. Probably 9%. 2 pints and you lose your memory. My friend was claiming to be fine then walked straight in to the ladies for a slash. 

I'm often asked the question whats the most pints I have ever drank and y'know what, I have no idea.  I'm pretty sure, out of a pint glass I mean, I've done 10 to 15 on a great many occasions.  I've never really held onto a count though.  Am I the only one who gets asked that question?  6 to 8 is sort of the normal range.