The Hangover/I'm an Alcoholic Thread

AxlisOld

25 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Leaving Las Vegas with Nicolas Cage is I guess a good movie, as long as you don't end up killing yourself like him in the same fashion while watching the movie... 

Oh yeah, hes the worst imo and these movies are just barely a notch above that.  No offence intended to any Cage fans

There are many movies with Cage and secrets to save the world.  Its a good time in its way

1 minute ago, EvanG said:

Leaving Las Vegas is great... one of the most depressing movies ever made. I love it.

Oh, Ive never seen that one.  When you said you "guess its a good movie" I thought you weren't a fan and were just being gracious of my own Cage fandom

Ill check it out

• Like 1

Dazed is still top of the list.  I used to like to watch Christopher Guest stuff (like Best In Show) or Wes Anderson (moonrise kingdom or Rushmore) while drinking, but these days a lowered bar of wit suits me better on those occasions.

Edited by soon
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

Since we're on the topic of films in relation to Las Vegas....

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas is about as good as a "scared straight" movie as it gets....makes most (sane) folks avoid drugs for days after viewing....possibly a lifetime....:lol:

It made me want to do more drugs and I spent ages online looking for adrenochrome. :lol:

Must've watched that movie over 100 times off my head on various substances over a 10 year period. :lol:

Also, speaking of Las Vegas I don't think I was ever as wasted in those 10 years as you on the night of the 2nd GnR show. :lol:

Edited by Dazey
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Dazey said:

It made me want to do more drugs and I spent ages online looking for adrenochrome. :lol:

Must've watched that movie over 100 times off my head on various substances over a 10 year period. :lol:

Also, speaking of Las Vegas I don't think I was ever as wasted in those 10 years as you on the night of the 2nd GnR show. :lol:

THAT film made you AVOID drugs Kass?  That film and that book is probably up there with Tim Leary and The Beatles on the list of 'Pop culture things that made people wanna get fucked up'.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Had a home-brew bottle explosion!  Luckily it was a plastic bottle.  Was lying on its side in fridge, the lid shot off with a bang, it opened the door with force and cider shot a foot out from fridge.  Of course, lucky me, I had to be standing in front of fridge.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I'm drunk and my boyfriend's pissed off because I didn't wanna come with him to bed because I was just gonna be annoying as fuck anyway since I'm not tired, I'm really fucking restless, and I'm drunk. I work evenings n nights now and for me personally that's great because it means I can go hardcore with the booze and stuff and still be up and ok when it's time to go to work the next day. I don't work tomorrow tho so I'm considering just not going to bed at all tonight and just sit around and drink and then sleep some while my boyfriend's at work tomorrow so that I'm fresh and ready to hit the bars tomorrow night. 

Also texted a friend of mine I haven't really talked to in two years and it felt good. 

We talked some and this person's moved to another country and all that and I might go visit during winter I think. 

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, arnold layne said:

I tried being a genuine alcoholic this weekend. Ended up passing out midday Sunday. I was drinking Gatorade too so no hangover. 

Too exhausting. Don't know how people do it. 

It's not that hard, really. You just gotta learn your limits, you know? Might take a while and you might puke a lot and be a fucking zombie for a week or so, but then you're gonna get into it, I swear. I just got home from work and realized I'm out of wine. Good thing I've beer. Gotta get my ass down to the liquor store tomorrow. 

19 hours ago, arnold layne said:

I tried being a genuine alcoholic this weekend. Ended up passing out midday Sunday. I was drinking Gatorade too so no hangover. 

Too exhausting. Don't know how people do it. 

But what were you drinking? I'll drink a case of beer and be sloppy af but I can drink a bottle of Jack and be relatively fine. Some of my friends are the same way, one's the same but with tequila, so I guess it just depends on your drink of choice.

19 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

But what were you drinking? I'll drink a case of beer and be sloppy af but I can drink a bottle of Jack and be relatively fine. Some of my friends are the same way, one's the same but with tequila, so I guess it just depends on your drink of choice.

That's so true tho. I'm always worse on wine or beer, but I can easily down a bottle of minttu (basically mint flavored vodka??) without getting too off. 

• Like 1