The love/sex/relationship thread

Lithium

Since a few people have asked, husband viewed a property yesterday, it was perfect. We handed over the forms immediately. We got a call today saying that the landlord had accepted another application. We're pretty sure that it's because whoever this other application was made by, they will take a higher salary than us. Being deemed "too poor" for a property we can afford to rent is a bit of a kick in the teeth.

I've booked four other viewings for after Christmas. We're back at square one. What annoys me most are lettings agents who have no grasp of the term 'budget'.

Me: "Our maximum budget is £600".

Lettings agent: "Are you interested in this other flat which is £685?"

Me: "I'd like somewhere within a 15 minute walk of York station".

Lettings agent: "How about this place 5 miles away?"

or

Lettings agent: "Would being near Selby station do?"

Morons.

I won't update this thread until we definitely have a place to move to. Thanks for everyone's interest and concern. Going to try to relax over Christmas now. :)

So ARQ and her fella have been in Paris a few days now. I'm putting my money on that she comes back with a diamond bigger than her face.

Or at least a fancy handbag.

Fortunately for jewellers these days you can buy an amazing rock cheaper than you can a fancy handbag. Yep, it's crazy, but it's true. :wacko:

Dumped on our six month anniversary. After I got her name tattoed on me.

I'm losing not just a person, but a whole universe. She lived kind of far, in a place I'd never been, which I'd fallen in love with. The beautiful sights...The area. Her house. That aquarium we went to. Her friends, who I actually to love dearly as well as friends and who liked me. Her family, who had accepted me and even were looking at us as serious couple, as were we. Her novel. She would read it to me and I'd feel like I was in Heaven. Holding her, that alone, felt wonderful. Her ex came up from Florida and she realized her feeling for him incredibly dwarfed her feelings for me and she felt she couldn't tear herself in two being with someone while still in love with her ex. She and this ex can never be together due to her family absolutely despising him, him being 1000 miles away. But she's willing to throw me away until she's ready to get over him.

How do I play this?

Not to be rude, but you're a complete and utter moron for getting a girl you've been with for six month's name tattooed on your body.

The tattooist probably watched you leave and took bets on how long it would be before you came back to get it covered up.

edit: how to play it? Get over it, go out with somebody else.

And don't get their name tattooed on you :monkey:

Edited by DR DOOM

God dammit. I'm such a bitch.

I know I should take this girl to the bar. The sad thing is that I'm not afraid of rejection. She fucking asked me what my name was and she gives me discounts all the fucking time. I'm afraid she'll say yes and then she'll find out how much of a fucking boring loser I actually am.

Now I'll probably go get high, watch Ricky and Lahey piss each other off on Netflix.

I'm losing not just a person, but a whole universe. She lived kind of far, in a place I'd never been, which I'd fallen in love with. The beautiful sights...The area. Her house. That aquarium we went to. Her friends, who I actually to love dearly as well as friends and who liked me. Her family, who had accepted me and even were looking at us as serious couple, as were we. Her novel. She would read it to me and I'd feel like I was in Heaven. Holding her, that alone, felt wonderful. Her ex came up from Florida and she realized her feeling for him incredibly dwarfed her feelings for me and she felt she couldn't tear herself in two being with someone while still in love with her ex. She and this ex can never be together due to her family absolutely despising him, him being 1000 miles away. But she's willing to throw me away until she's ready to get over him.

How do I play this?

You obviously have to find another girl with the same name.

• Like 1

So ARQ and her fella have been in Paris a few days now. I'm putting my money on that she comes back with a diamond bigger than her face.

Or at least a fancy handbag.

:lol:

Sorry to disappoint, but all I came back from Paris with is lots of photos and fancy chocolate :P

Good work girl. *fistbumps* ;)

How do I play this?

You obviously have to find another girl with the same name.

or take a leaf out of Johnny Depp's book. he altered "Winona forever" to "Wino forever"

Edited by netcat

I talked to her sister. Told her everything. Didn't leave anything out to make myself look better or altered any detail. The sister said the following:

"He caused her to start to lie to us (when she NEVER used to)

and do things behind our backs
he's toxic
and has hurt many people we know
to be completely honest he's a sick obsession she has
when she said you all (meaning you, her and Patrick) got along "so well" it made me sick
to be honest, when I found out he was moving away I said "thank you GOD!'
She has been manipulated into "loving" him
don't let her fool you
that's the problem
She will only tell you what she wants you to hear…and that's exactly what I knew was going to happen
believe me….she never used to lie
you just don't understand how bad it got
she's not rational when it comes to him
I saw him have a bad influence on other people's lives….not just my sister's
did she tell you that he threatened my fiancee and she supported him?
do you realize how much pain that caused me
My fiancee has been in her life for over 5 years
and he is my future husband
I'm not surprised she left that out
that's what started the huge downward spiral and she backed him up completely
I had so much anxiety I didn't sleep for months
and EVERYTHING revolved around him
We were never close, but I felt like Patrick needed friends
and I invited him to things as did my friend, Bridget
but everyone that came in contact with him said there was something "off"
and you know what? It didn't matter…I was completely ok with showing kindness to another human being
so I did not hate Patrick
what I hated was when I found out all the issues he was imposing on someone that my sister used to be friends with….and that friend finally realized that she had gotten into something she needed to remove herself from
and she saw that the same thing was happening to my sister
so she tried to warn my sister
she tried to explain to my sister all of the problems that were going on
but my sister was so "blinded" by Patrick's love for her that she didn't see any of it
and that's when she started lying and doing things behind our backs
and it's not love, Ryan
not matter what she says
That's exactly what I am trying to express to you.
It's not normal
It's not.
You are not the first person to become enraged about this
we've had numerous horrible fights about this
After he threatened my fiancee, my fiancee unloaded on my sister
he couldn't stand to see me so upset and sick
My sister is blind to everything when Patrick is around
she doesn't care who she hurts as long as she is with him
and frankly that's not ok
Well, frankly…that's not fair
and I wouldn't stand for that
don't let him destroy what you feel you had with her