The love/sex/relationship thread

Lithium

Telling girls you are crazy about them generally only works in movies.

I would tend to agree with this, with one exception and that is that it's clear that the girl is already nuts for you. Then there's two possibilities:

1. The guy IS actually crazy about the girl (pretty rare)

2. The guy is just saying it so he can have sex and he'll deal with the consequences after (much more common)

Thinking about asking the gas station clerk out for a drink.

She's not much of a looker, but she's fit and pretty easy going. Also, she always gives me gas discounts which is super awesome. I think I need to return the favor.

Anyway, I'm not really interested in much. I just want some company for times when I'm bored, which I confess is most of my life.

We have dumb conversations. Talked about cigs for a minute at the checkout. But talking about nothing is kind of what I like about life sometimes.

That's how people actually meet. Do it. Go for a drink, order bar food, turn it into dinner, see if you can get some bad decisions out of each other.

I would tend to agree with this, with one exception and that is that it's clear that the girl is already nuts for you. Then there's two possibilities:

2. The guy is just saying it so he can have sex and he'll deal with the consequences after (much more common)

I did 1 quite recently. The feeling seemed mutual at first. Unfortunately I wasn't just crazy about her but am in fact, for want of a better phrase, fairly fucking insane. Hey ho.

I did 1 quite recently. The feeling seemed mutual at first. Unfortunately I wasn't just crazy about her but am in fact, for want of a better phrase, fairly fucking insane. Hey ho.

That's too bad. What happened?

Still don't know. Had a few dates, seemed to get on like a house on fire. Great chemistry, was really falling for her. Made out in the car after the last one, she asked to come to my place for the next one for 'movie night' and made it clear she wanted to stay over...then a day later I got a FB message giving me the brush off. No real explanation given.

She was the first woman I've liked that much since I had a 9 year relationship end earlier this year, so it was a real shitter.

Edited by tomfriend

Made out in the car after the last one, she asked to come to my place for the next one for 'movie night' and made it clear she wanted to stay over...then a day later I got a FB message giving me the brush off. No real explanation given.

That's batshit even by woman standards. Sorry, man.

• Like 1

I've been hanging out a lot with this girl I was best friends with in high school. She was the first girl I fell in love with and she broke my heart cause of being a huge whore. I handled that terribly, but it was a good lesson! We have been talking here and there in the years since and now that I'm single it seems we have really started talking and hanging out a lot. Maybe its a coincidence or maybe because I am not afraid of hurting my other ex since we are done. But either way, we talk every day and hang out once a week usually even though shes almost 2 hours away. I don't know, my life is weird as fuck right now but I at least like hanging out with her. She's going through some similar shit with me and a break up too so we can relate and its cool having an old friend back.

Its just a friendship, it doesn't sound weird right? It probably is weird...

Edited by ZoSoRose

Yeah I ain't into her like that anymore. I've just been going with the flow with life right now :shades:

My life ain't where I thought it'd be right now, and its weird since its so different than the last 5 years, but I'm makin' due. It can be kind of fun sometimes.

Anyways, I like hanging out with this girl. I don't know why, maybe its our past history, or maybe I'm a bit fucked in the head but its fun so whatever.

• 2 weeks later...

So my boyfriend's mum might be about to start hating me :unsure:

His parents are lovely but they're both really strict conservative Christians, like we weren't even allowed to share a bedroom when we were at their place a few weeks ago, he said he had a pretty big argument with his mum about it before I went over there. As such he's still not really told her that we're moving in together in a couple of months...

There is no escaping your mother-in-law despising you. It's in their work description. The flipside to this is that you can do anything you want and it won't really make a difference. You might even have some fun with it. Dress really saucy in her vicinity, tongue lick your boyfriend, use sexual innuendos in every sentence, and so on. See if you can make her steam from her ears.

• Like 1

There is no escaping your mother-in-law despising you. It's in their work description. The flipside to this is that you can do anything you want and it won't really make a difference. You might even have some fun with it. Dress really saucy in her vicinity, tongue lick your boyfriend, use sexual innuendos in every sentence, and so on. See if you can make her steam from her ears.

She really likes me though :lol:

Try telling them that this is 2014.

I wish -_- The problem is they differ from my family in that where there's a problem my lot really have it out with each other...whereas his family tend to be more passive-aggressive and just quietly stew over things without really talking about anything. Like when we're around his parents he doesn't drink and tries to avoid any mention of times he has been drinking, just to avoid the argument. Even with us moving in together he's dropped hints and let her figure it out for herself without actually just telling her that's what's happening...if it were the other way round I'd likely be in a screaming match with my mother right now :lol:

Edited by Axls Rocket Queen

Seperate bedrooms? You are mid 20's not mid teens. Christian parents annoy me because they are so hypocritical.

Even if you're going to play the Christian card, it still makes no sense :shrugs: She said to him "my house, my rules" which is fair enough, but when he said we obviously sleep together when we're at each other's places she was like "you shouldn't be doing that"...regardless of what you believe about sex before marriage, there is no reason why a couple can't sleep in the same bed.

Do what I did and marry somebody whose parents live 4000 miles away.

• Like 3

Do what I did and marry somebody whose parents live 4000 miles away.

Or what we're doing and move 5000 miles away :lol:

• Like 2