The love/sex/relationship thread

Lithium

1 hour ago, Len B'stard said:

Once weekly, thats scandalous! :lol:  A thought having a guaranteed bit of the other was half the reason for getting married.

It's as much as you like… with consent from both parties. Wanting it when I'm tired doesn't happen.

Maybe my friend who showed me that book had a point. 

4 hours ago, Len B'stard said:

Once weekly, thats scandalous! :lol:  A thought having a guaranteed bit of the other was half the reason for getting married.

I blame a combination of veterinary and running a small business -_-

Still, there'll be 2 weeks off for Honeymoon! :headbang:

Edited by Axls Rocket Queen

2 hours ago, Axls Rocket Queen said:

We're gonna work up to that :lol:  Damn conflicting schedules

@rubbermade_baby Really? You ladies aim for three times a week? 

I suppose it depends on what's important in your relationship. Once a week (almost always weekends) is about as much as it gets for us. And that's basically enough for me. I'm always tired, and rarely feel up for it. And date nights went out the window ages ago. 

Note to self: THE KEY TO HAPPINESS IS NOT COMPARING YOURSELF TO OTHERS, DAMMIT! 

2 hours ago, Gracii Guns said:

I suppose it depends on what's important in your relationship. Once a week (almost always weekends) is about as much as it gets for us. And that's basically enough for me. I'm always tired, and rarely feel up for it. And date nights went out the window ages ago. 

I'd be up for it more if we both weren't so tired/busy all the time :shrugs: then busy day runs into busy day and before you know it we haven't had sex in weeks. Hence starting with scheduling it- as unromantic as it sounds in principle, it gives us something to look forward to, makes sure we are setting aside time to spend together, and ultimately we'll probably find ourselves in the mood for it more.

• 2 weeks later...
On 22 March 2016 at 5:25 PM, Gracii Guns said:

I'd like more than that really, not sure he would though.. He's always tired.

On 4/5/2016 at 1:39 AM, Wagszilla said:

I changed my online dating profile username to something hilarious. At some point you just say fuck it, I don't care. :lol:

I wish I had the balls to go on a dating site but being female the balls might be a problem, on second thoughts there's probably a niche market for that type of thing.

I'm becoming more and more perplexed by men and this dating malarky.

28 minutes ago, RQRQ said:

I wish I had the balls to go on a dating site but being female the balls might be a problem, on second thoughts there's probably a niche market for that type of thing.

How you doin'?

40 minutes ago, RQRQ said:

A few times, people on here have suggested that I try some sort of online dating site as well... It's weird because I think the majority of relationships (in Western countries at any rate) begin online these days, but I have a kinda weird mental hangup about how artificial it seems. Like, I've always thought that if I was worth dating then I should be worth dating to girls whom I meet just through living life without having to sell myself like some sort of product... The idea of a 'market' for a potential love interest just baffles me. It's also the thought of explicitly putting yourself up for rejection, multiple times over... not a nice feeling even if it happens infrequently.

It's kinda like people who get dressed up in their finest to go to nightclubs with the intention of finding love, what a strange environment to meet someone really; I'm sure it happens, but it's never happened to me, it's usually in totally unforeseen circumstances that someone comes along and I think "Aye, you're a bit special...". Then I fuck it up, or it gets fucked up for me.

9 hours ago, PappyTron said:

How you doin'?

Fair to middling, and how's yourself?;)

9 hours ago, Graeme said:

A few times, people on here have suggested that I try some sort of online dating site as well... It's weird because I think the majority of relationships (in Western countries at any rate) begin online these days, but I have a kinda weird mental hangup about how artificial it seems. Like, I've always thought that if I was worth dating then I should be worth dating to girls whom I meet just through living life without having to sell myself like some sort of product... The idea of a 'market' for a potential love interest just baffles me. It's also the thought of explicitly putting yourself up for rejection, multiple times over... not a nice feeling even if it happens infrequently.

It's kinda like people who get dressed up in their finest to go to nightclubs with the intention of finding love, what a strange environment to meet someone really; I'm sure it happens, but it's never happened to me, it's usually in totally unforeseen circumstances that someone comes along and I think "Aye, you're a bit special...". Then I fuck it up, or it gets fucked up for me.

Yeah I get that a lot too and agree the whole bigging yourself up seems really unnatural. Then there's the shallowness of people just disregarding you purely on your looks, I know that's something that generally people with eyebrows on their cheeks and who're bed ridden and on a drip feed of mac n' cheese say but it happens. I'd much rather meet someone the old fashioned way.

*just to add, I don't like Mac n' cheese and have GREAT eyebrows.

1 hour ago, RQRQ said:

Fair to middling, and how's yourself?;)

Yeah I get that a lot too and agree the whole bigging yourself up seems really unnatural. Then there's the shallowness of people just disregarding you purely on your looks, I know that's something that generally people with eyebrows on their cheeks and who're bed ridden and on a drip feed of mac n' cheese say but it happens. I'd much rather meet someone the old fashioned way.

*just to add, I don't like Mac n' cheese and have GREAT eyebrows.

Haha, physical attraction is definitely important and I don't think it's shallow to say that. Shallow is where you  pursue horrible people and don't care about their actions/attitudes because they look good. I'm naturally quite suspicious of "beautiful people",.and by that, I don't mean people I find sexually attractive, but people who feel that the way they look adds value to them as a person... If I look at a lassie and think "ooft, you're a beauty" then that's a good start but unless we can hold an intelligent conversation then I know I won't be interested... Although if there's no physical attraction then it's never going to progress beyond friendship anyway. I just don't know if these nuances come through with 'swipe left/swipe right'.