What are you eating?

inthisriver

• 2 weeks later...

Today I'm going to make a chilli. It's my go-to dish when I want to cook something from scratch. I like a spicy, dry chilli.

This time, I'm adding Lardon. (Tiny bits of streaky bacon), and I'll use the melted fat from that to fry the onions in.

I can't decide whether the bacon should be fried with the onions, fried crispy and sprinkled on top afterwards, or cooked at the same time as the beef. What should I do?

I would probably cook it at the same time as, when I make Beef bourguignon I do this and you get the saltiness of the pork infusing with the beef. I have heard some people make chilli with a combination of minced beef and minced pork which is one step further again I suppose.

• Like 1

Today I'm going to make a chilli. It's my go-to dish when I want to cook something from scratch. I like a spicy, dry chilli.

This time, I'm adding Lardon. (Tiny bits of streaky bacon), and I'll use the melted fat from that to fry the onions in.

I can't decide whether the bacon should be fried with the onions, fried crispy and sprinkled on top afterwards, or cooked at the same time as the beef. What should I do?

Fry with the onions.

Fry with the onions.

I took this excellent advice, as we were running low on oil.

It was a tremendous chilli. Next time I'm going to sprinkle the crispy bacon on top, to allow the flavours of the beef to come through.

Most probably gluten and fat that'll turn into cholesterol with my Iceland Chicken Biryani serves 2 stir fry/microwave ready meal bag and a whole block of cheese with full fat milk and from Poundland Kettle Tortilla Chips Sweet Chili Salsa and Cadbury Fingers Salted Caramel Crunch and a Banana & Covent Garden (Halloween Pumpkin & Blood Orange festive) soup hob/microwave soup and half of a half of a chicken, and bread, with benecol...

*Screams

'Don't look at me!'

I want to go wild tare it up party style, but knowing me, I will probably just run it or labour it off - is it wrong if I feel to run until I vomit, tempted to hit gym.