What are you eating?

inthisriver

Today I'm going to make a chilli. It's my go-to dish when I want to cook something from scratch. I like a spicy, dry chilli.

This time, I'm adding Lardon. (Tiny bits of streaky bacon), and I'll use the melted fat from that to fry the onions in.

I can't decide whether the bacon should be fried with the onions, fried crispy and sprinkled on top afterwards, or cooked at the same time as the beef. What should I do?

Fry with the onions.

I took this excellent advice, as we were running low on oil.

It was a tremendous chilli. Next time I'm going to sprinkle the crispy bacon on top, to allow the flavours of the beef to come through.

Don't do that - pan fry the beef first with garlic, salt and pepper.

halloween-whopper-green-shits-310x165.jp

I'm kidding, we don't have this in England.

I first saw the commercial on the internet last week when I was streaming Adult Swim from America.

I was fascinated when I saw a black bun!..

But now it's turning people's poop's green!..

:lol:

I wonder if the side effect of this burger was intentional?

Edited by Snake-Pit
  • Like 1

I first saw the commercial on the internet last week when I was streaming Adult Swim from America.

'Gives you the Halloween shits!' :lol:

• Like 1

Anyone else sick of eating the same shite every day at work? I try mix it up now n then but i get sick of that n go back to what i had before. It doesn't help that i never prepare anything decent. I only get like 3 hours to myself each night so dread doing anything other than relaxing.

Ive been eating these Sun Bites crisps for like 3 years, n one of the guys is like "you must love those things, you always have them at lunch"... I fuckin hate them! Haha not really a fan of other crisps n dunno what to replace it with.

I must be the least creative person when it comes to food.

Snakes, you can get the black bun in the UK, they have it local to me.

I just had Skyr Icelandic yoghurt. The consistency is just wrong, really didn't like it!

Very much on a healthy eating kick right now and I'm not struggling that much for once. Loads of fruit, cut out chocolate, reduced my cheese intake....

Anyone else sick of eating the same shite every day at work? I try mix it up now n then but i get sick of that n go back to what i had before. It doesn't help that i never prepare anything decent. I only get like 3 hours to myself each night so dread doing anything other than relaxing.

Ive been eating these Sun Bites crisps for like 3 years, n one of the guys is like "you must love those things, you always have them at lunch"... I fuckin hate them! Haha not really a fan of other crisps n dunno what to replace it with.

I must be the least creative person when it comes to food.

Im exactly the same but then i live off takeaways.

Three table spoons of tomato paste

Three table spoons of dark soy sauce

about 300ml of chicken stock

three table spoons of sake or Shaoxing rice wine

two table spoons of black rice vinegar

one table spoon of brown sugar

black pepper

one tea spoon of Sichuan red pepper paste

Mix. Saute onions or something or other then add sauce and simmer five-ten minutes. Serve with rice.

You can use this sauce with prawns or fish also. It is heaven itself.

'Gives you the Halloween shits!' :lol:

I'd say, I saw it advertised...

At no point did it say it'll turn your poop green!

Talk about 'Good Morning America'! :lol:

See a green poop in the bowl and you're all like;

"Hello?!"

eyes wide open.

- I imagine.

Apparently the green poop side effect lasts for days, turning your poop bright green for days.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3262266/Burger-King-s-black-Halloween-Whopper-turning-people-s-poop-green.html

I love America's reaction.

Rather than to stop eating it and take this burger off the shelves..

2D24B14600000578-0-image-a-40_1444150265

Edited by Snake-Pit

0178CD6D-53BD-479B-9470-D3F70E7E33BA_zps

Yummy!!! :D

Missus still away then? :lol:

You can tell you've been left to your own devices because you've reverted back to Northern animal in no time. I bet the egg whites and rye bread went in the fuckin bin the second that taxi went round the corner to the airport :lol: Fookin pies gravy & chips for a few weeks eh?

Edited by spunko12345
  • Like 1

You can tell you've been left to your own devices because you've reverted back to Northern animal in no time. I bet the egg whites and rye bread went in the fuckin bin the second that taxi went round the corner to the airport :lol: Fookin pies gravy & chips for a few weeks eh?

It's fuckin' resting on a towel and all, look, you're eating on your bed whilst watching t'telly and boozing, aren't you? :lol:

It's fuckin' resting on a towel and all, look, you're eating on your bed whilst watching t'telly and boozing, aren't you? :lol:
The towel was actually on the couch. The rest is scarily accurate. :lol: