What are you eating?

inthisriver

Does anyone have veg boxes delivered? I loathe going to the supermarket (including ordering online which is almost as tedious) with a passion so trying to cut down the amount of time spent there. Slightly concerned I might end up with a very random selection that goes bad after 3 days.

I've had an Abell and Cole veg box. Didn't really work when I was living on my own and not too keen a chef. They're good if you have at least one other person to food and don't mind being in the position where you're working out what to do with a chicory for tonight's tea.

Other veg boxes are available though. We're so tired of wasting unused veg that we buy tinned veg now! It does make our pennies go further, but obviously if you can make loads of fresh veg work for you, that's better.

If you find a good one let me know!

Are you having some sort of, junk food and booze collapse?

Something like that. The wife and daughter are in the US visiting family and with the hours I work it makes cooking a pain in the arse. The beer is all my fault though. Going to the bookies to put an accumulator on soon and then off to the bright lights of Warrington for the afternoon. :lol:

Warrington? I've changed trains a few times there. Subway seems to be Warrington's most gentrified establishment. And that's taking into account the drug deal I saw happen in there.

• Like 1

I had a bacon roll and a coffee from Greggs. Then went to the shop for a paper and they had terrys chocolate oranges on offer for a quid so i bought 3 :lol:

It's not Terry's, it's mine.

Gracii's absolute favourite chocolates are Terry's All Gold (Dark). Buy me a box of them and I'll be your friend forever.

I even like them since they moved the Terry's factory out of York and I had a 'intolerance' of the name Terry since my mum had an affair with a guy of that name. That's how much I love All Gold.

In a pub - borderline 'gastropub' if I'm honest - (starter), potato skins and dips, (main) salmon fillets on a bed of noodles in a sweet & sour chilli bean Chinese style sauce; bottle of white and a couple of real ales. Exceptional. This was my first time there and, since I've been looking for a decent pub (for food) since my former favourite changed management and went pear shaped, I'm pleased.

In a pub - borderline 'gastropub' if I'm honest - (starter), potato skins and dips, (main) salmon fillets on a bed of noodles in a sweet & sour chilli bean Chinese style sauce; bottle of white and a couple of real ales. Exceptional. This was my first time there and, since I've been looking for a decent pub (for food) since my former favourite changed management and went pear shaped, I'm pleased.

Where abouts? My sister works in The Bridge Tavern in the Toon and they do pretty good pub grub.
  • Like 1

I live in Northumberland. This is the place,

http://www.threehorseshoes-horton.co.uk/Pages/default.aspx

It is just outside Cramlington (where Sting comes from!).

I will make a note of The Bridge Tavern. The ironic thing in this country is you can eat better Chinese, Italian, etc.'s food than British pub food. Most British pubs serve food out of a box, microwaved! (And I'm not just alluding to 'Spoons there).

I want to visit the UK so I can have some proper fish and chips someday.

I'm from the UK and the best fish and chips I've ever had were in San Francisco.

McLeod your sort would praise a gas chamber as long as it said Made in America up the side of it :lol: Where the fuck did my chips go, they turned into a bunch of planes!

I want to visit the UK so I can have some proper fish and chips someday.

I'm from the UK and the best fish and chips I've ever had were in San Francisco.
McLeod your sort would praise a gas chamber as long as it said Made in America up the side of it :lol: Where the fuck did my chips go, they turned into a bunch of planes!
These were the actual fish and chips. :lol:

E7D2235E-DC5C-4D12-B01F-05CF90A9916D_zps