MTV master of Ritz 88 now on Youtube

So if you edit a video in Xmedia Recode in 16:9 and gain the audio, so it's REMASTERD / MASTER UPGRADED?

I have 400 GB full Bootlegs (86 - 93) on my two hard drive.. I prefer watch Bootlegs because of the betteR quality and more fps.... and my DVD Software can play the videos in 16:9 too

Edited by t-p-d-a

I still like the uncut version of this better, the one that has all the songs (Mama Kin and Knockin' on Heaven's Door) in the right places and has all of Axl's snarky commentary. The part before "Rocket Queen" where he's actually standing there asking everyone what they want to play, and listening for suggestions, is awesome.

What's ironic is that I remember at the time the band didn't like this gig at all. There was one interview where Duff referred to it as "frightful." And yet it's pure magic and it's the embodiment of what the band was.

Edited by stella

Would love an official un-edited blu-ray release of this show...

Video quality on DVD and Blu Ray look the same when it's videotape, film is another story.

Yeah, especially when it's only an hour long. A dual-layer DVD would have more than enough space to not have to compress too much data and video isn't gonna look better at 480p or 1080p.

The soundboard being remastered for 24 bit would be the only reason to have it on Blu Ray. I've had this discussion with people who answered why some concert videos that were released on VHS were never released on DVD and Blu Ray, and they said the videotape quality the biggest reason why.

Depends on the way the audio was recorded to begin with. If it was digital, well, you're stuck at a certain audio resolution, and you can bet it was at best 16bits/44.1kHz. If it was analog, different story.

I still have 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 silvers disk bootlegs of RITZ including Silent Shots and Silver Bullets

Nice, mate!

I still like the uncut version of this better, the one that has all the songs (Mama Kin and Knockin' on Heaven's Door) in the right places and has all of Axl's snarky commentary. The part before "Rocket Queen" where he's actually standing there asking everyone what they want to play, and listening for suggestions, is awesome.

What's ironic is that I remember at the time the band didn't like this gig at all. There was one interview where Duff referred to it as "frightful." And yet it's pure magic and it's the embodiment of what the band was.

Is that uncut version on YouTube as well?

It's been so long since I've seen this that it might be cool to watch both.

These are the 2 best copy's that you see on YouTube the widescreen copy you see on YouTube is my copy from the same tape but got transferred in 16:9 and was released a year before Limulus. I like the 2nd one the best its be edited so its uncut

GUNS N' ROSES

Title: "Ritz Destruction!!"
[VERSION #3: NO SHARPNESS-VERSION]

February 02, 1988 - The Ritz, New York, USA

DVD Author: Limulus

***released Tuesday(!) 01/06/2015 on The GN'R Tracker***

Source:
Video: (PRO) Geffen Promo VHS (NTSC, SP Mode)
Audio: (SBD) LPCM

Video Transfer:
Geffen Promo VHS (NTSC, SP Mode) -> DV/PC -> Vegas 10.0 -> dED -> Maestro -> NTSC DVD, 720 x 480 8,1 MB/sec variable (2pass encoding)
(VHS Transfer = Tuesday(!!) May 27, 2014)

Audio Transfer:
Mixed from several Westwood One silvers (-> EAC/WAV), Promo VHS, "Silver Bullet" bootleg (-> EAC/WAV) -> LPCM to get the best and most complete unedited audio parts.

Total Filesize: 4,34gb (hell yeah!!)

Set (59:12 minutes):
01) Intro
02) It's So Easy
03) Mr. Brownstone
04) Intro/Out Ta Get Me
05) Sweet Child O' Mine
06) My Michelle
07) Knockin' On Heaven's Door
0cool1.gif Welcome To The Jungle
09) Band Introduction + Slash Talking
10) Nightrain
11) Paradise City
12) Rocket Queen + Outro

Bonus (5:28 minutes):
13) Mama Kin

Notes:
- new release 01/06/2015 (Tuesday!)!
- this is some very nice quality from the real classic GN'R! if you're looking for a sweet little version out of the 40 (or so) circulating GN'R/Ritz'88 versions....you better get this one!
Near mint promo vhs, very high quality equipment and settings have been used for the transfer and editing. Also exact transfer details known (more on that little later as, writing this info right now, i'm short in time).
- HUGE thanks to Troccoli [http://www.troccolitm.com/], the owner from this nice promo vhs, thank you a lot for borrowing and all the waiting time!!!! Thanks a lot to "Rockphantom" for helping out with Westwood One silvers!
And thanks to Spookeend for helping out with the song selection menu pic!
- no official audio/video in the menus or within the show
- intro + menu audio = parts from some more rare drum machine demos; Nightrain, Mr. Brownstone, Sweet Child O' Mine (Pasha 8/1986), all speed corrected.
- no commercials within the show
- no tv logo within the show
- no logos within the show!
- motion menus included
- show ticket, promo vhs pic and nice stage pic included in the intro/menus
- video dED: image centering, 4x black borders editing, small brightness fixing, NO SHARPNESS FILTER (= THIS IS MORE OF A PURIST VERSION). no color editing, they're already sooo nice as they are.
- audio dED: just synching, crossfading, fading in/out, volume adjustment, NO EQ! **THERE IS A FIX IN THIS VERSION (= AXL THROWING MIC SOUND IN THE END OF PARADISE CITY) NOT BEING PRESENT ON V2**
- about the audio: there doesnt seem to be a full unedited version, all the different copies do have edits here and there. even the "unedited VHS" circulating has a few "F-word-edits".
it appears that Westwood One did multitracks from the show and, in post-show-editing, turned down the volume from the vocal track for the F-words. as a result those parts couldnt be fixed perfectly and will stay so until some high quality release, re-broadcast or leak will happen (which is very unlikely).
also it seems that they did mix the show/band in mono but added stereo fan audio with different sound volume on the different releases. that also couldnt be crossfaded perfectly, you still can hear that in some parts, but nothing to do about.
- there is about 1-2 seconds video trouble in the beginning of "Rocket Queen" and could not be fixed - but it isnt disturbing at all as no frames got lost, and its wayyyy better than on the Version #1/SA XP transfer (for possible upcoming bootlegs from this "free fan release"....this would be the part for verifying the source)
- this was a very time consuming project. i needed 7(!) seperate transfers to get the best (= this!) one out of this more than 26 years old vhs!
- Mama Kin is not on the Promo VHS, this "bonus clip" is sourced from an unedited VHS (lower quality) SA SP transfer but mainly overdubbed with Westwood One audio,
this song originally was played before Rocket Queen.
- This is freeware!
- There are 3 versions from this promo vhs:
Version 1 = SA XP transfer with compressed vhs audio and wrong resolution video, this is circulating for many months
Version 2 = +1% Sharpness (released December 30 (Tuesday!!), 2014 on "The Trader's Den"

DOWNLOAD LINK : http://www.chinesedemocracy.com/tracker/index.php?page=torrent-details&id=8ad707d5cc03823b361966cb1c5813deccc82cc9

The copy i like the best

GUNS N' ROSES

Title: "Ritz Destruction!!"
[Version #2: +1% Sharpness]

February 02, 1988 - The Ritz, New York, USA

DVD Author: Limulus

***released Tuesday(!) 12/30/2014 on The Trader's Den***

Source:
Video: (PRO) Geffen Promo VHS (NTSC, SP Mode)
Audio: (SBD) LPCM

Video Transfer:
Geffen Promo VHS (NTSC, SP Mode) -> DV/PC -> Vegas 10.0 -> dED -> Maestro -> NTSC DVD, 720 x 480 8,1 MB/sec variable (2pass encoding)
(VHS Transfer = Tuesday(!!) May 27, 2014)

Audio Transfer:
Mixed from several Westwood One silvers (-> EAC/WAV), Promo VHS, "Silver Bullet" bootleg (-> EAC/WAV) -> LPCM to get the best and most complete unedited audio parts.

Total Filesize: 4,35gb (hell yeah!!)

Set (59:12 minutes):
01) Intro
02) It's So Easy
03) Mr. Brownstone
04) Intro/Out Ta Get Me
05) Sweet Child O' Mine
06) My Michelle
07) Knockin' On Heaven's Door
08) Welcome To The Jungle
09) Band Introduction + Slash Talking
10) Night Train
11) Paradise City
12) Rocket Queen + Outro

Bonus (5:28 minutes):
13) Mama Kin

Notes:
- new release 12/30/2014 (Tuesday!)!
- this is some very nice quality from the real classic GN'R! if you're looking for a sweet little version out of the 40 (or so) circulating GN'R/Ritz'88 versions....you better get this one!
Near mint promo vhs, very high quality equipment and settings have been used for the transfer and editing. Also exact transfer details known (more on that little later as, writing this info right now, i'm short in time).
- HUGE thanks to Troccoli [http://www.troccolitm.com/], the owner from this nice promo vhs, thank you a lot for borrowing and all the waiting time!!!! Thanks a lot to "Rockphantom" for helping out with Westwood One silvers!
- no official audio/video in the menus or within the show
- intro + menu audio = parts from some more rare drum machine demos; Nightrain, Mr. Brownstone, Sweet Child O' Mine (Pasha 8/1986), all speed corrected.
- no commercials within the show
- no tv logo within the show
- no logos within the show!
- motion menus included
- show ticket, promo vhs pic and nice stage pic included in the intro/menus
- video dED: image centering, 4x black borders editing, small brightness fixing, +1% sharpness filter. no color editing, they're already sooo nice as they are.
- audio dED: just synching, crossfading, fading in/out, volume adjustment, NO EQ!
- about the audio: there doesnt seem to be a full unedited version, all the different copies do have edits here and there. even the "unedited VHS" circulating has a few "F-word-edits".
it appears that Westwood One did multitracks from the show and, in post-show-editing, turned down the volume from the vocal track for the F-words. as a result those parts couldnt be fixed perfectly and will stay so until some high quality release, re-broadcast or leak will happen (which is very unlikely).
also it seems that they did mix the show/band in mono but added stereo fan audio with different sound volume on the different releases. that also couldnt be crossfaded perfectly, you still can hear that in some parts, but nothing to do about.
- there is about 1-2 seconds video trouble in the beginning of "Rocket Queen" and could not be fixed - but it isnt disturbing at all as no frames got lost, and its wayyyy better than on the Version #1/SA XP transfer (for possible upcoming bootlegs from this "free fan release"....this would be the part for verifying the source)
- this was a very time consuming project. i needed 7(!) seperate transfers to get the best (= this!) one out of this more than 26 years old vhs!
- Mama Kin is not on the Promo VHS, this "bonus clip" is sourced from an unedited VHS (lower quality) SA SP transfer but mainly overdubbed with Westwood One audio,
this song originally was played before Rocket Queen.
- This is freeware!
- There are 3 versions from this promo vhs:
Version 1 = SA XP transfer with compressed vhs audio and wrong resolution video, this is circulating for many months
Version 2 = +1% Sharpness (= this one!)
Version 3 = No Sharpness (to be released January 06 (Tuesday!!), 2015 on the gnr tracker)

- Requests: 1985-1993 GN'R uncirculated video/audio + master/gen1 upgrades

Happy Fuckin' New Year, Fuckers!!!

DOWNLOAD LINK : http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=515232

Edited by Gibbo 27

Would love an official un-edited blu-ray release of this show...

Video quality on DVD and Blu Ray look the same when it's videotape, film is another story.

Yeah, especially when it's only an hour long. A dual-layer DVD would have more than enough space to not have to compress too much data and video isn't gonna look better at 480p or 1080p.

The soundboard being remastered for 24 bit would be the only reason to have it on Blu Ray. I've had this discussion with people who answered why some concert videos that were released on VHS were never released on DVD and Blu Ray, and they said the videotape quality the biggest reason why.

Depends on the way the audio was recorded to begin with. If it was digital, well, you're stuck at a certain audio resolution, and you can bet it was at best 16bits/44.1kHz. If it was analog, different story.

I still have 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 silvers disk bootlegs of RITZ including Silent Shots and Silver Bullets

Nice, mate!

What is the difference between videotape and film?

I mean, like, what formats were video tape? When the phrase "shot on videotape" is used, does it mean the concert was literally shot directly to VHS at the time, or to a "lower quality" video format like 8mm or Hi8?

I have Silent Shots CD!

In this version by Limulus is missing Axl's introducing to Sweet Child O'Mine (55 secs.).

You can find it at JohnM's recording from 14' 11"

Censored and Uncesored versions has different footages during at least on of the "bips" in Out Ta Get Me!

Edited by lipeguns

Censored and Uncesored versions has different footages during at least on of the "bips" in Out Ta Get Me!

Like Buda made with the three cam versions of the 2nd nigth of Rock In Rio II, I decided to put together the both versions of Out Ta Get Me from Ritz. Wow! It has more differences that I thought!

The rare and uncommon version is from sharonsummer. In this version you can listen the "Fuck Off" very loud in It's So Easy!

• Like 3

:lol: Slash fucks up nearly every single song there is on this show. If I was too stupid to know that there were way better shows out there I might agree with his blind fanboys that he plays better now than ever. If only every other show they did didn't exist.

:lol: Slash fucks up nearly every single song there is on this show. If I was too stupid to know that there were way better shows out there I might agree with his blind fanboys that he plays better now than ever. If only every other show they did didn't exist.

His technique is great now, but he seemed to be inspired most of the time in the old days. Now...not so much. Less. Way less.

The Ritz wasn't even a really good show. It was good. There are so many better Guns shows, but I like it anyway.

Even when Slash fucks up and sloppy, it still sounds cool, inspired and fuckin' rocks.

• Like 1

His technique is great now, but he seemed to be inspired most of the time in the old days. Now...not so much. Less. Way less.

The Ritz wasn't even a really good show. It was good. There are so many better Guns shows, but I like it anyway.

Even when Slash fucks up and sloppy, it still sounds cool, inspired and fuckin' rocks.

This show sucked for Slash, there are no ifs ands or buts about it. He sounded like shit and Axl completely carried it. Still a great show for the rest of the band but the drugs took their toll on Slash here. I'd be hard pressed to find a worse show from Slash until he quit the band.

This show sucked for Slash, there are no ifs ands or buts about it. He sounded like shit and Axl completely carried it. Still a great show for the rest of the band but the drugs took their toll on Slash here. I'd be hard pressed to find a worse show from Slash until he quit the band.

Axl only sounded good on a few songs here. His voice was weak. I agree about Slash in this show, just saying if I went to a show like that, Slash's playing wouldn't bother me, cause it still sounds exciting. Much like Axl when he gives a passable performance like he gave in this show.

I was mainly talking about the contrast of a sloppy Slash in his prime, to now, a sober Slash with really good technique but lacking in other departments, more important ones.

Axl only sounded good on a few songs here. His voice was weak. I agree about Slash in this show, just saying if I went to a show like that, Slash's playing wouldn't bother me, cause it still sounds exciting. Much like Axl when he gives a passable performance like he gave in this show.

I was mainly talking about the contrast of a sloppy Slash in his prime, to now, a sober Slash with really good technique but lacking in other departments, more important ones.

Sloppy Slash is better than technical (:lol:) Slash, I'll agree with you there. Axl's performance is way more impressive to me because I know for a fact that no matter how good I get at singing I'll never be that good. I could probably fuck up the guitars like Slash in less than a year if I set my mind to it though.

Sloppy Slash is better than technical ( :lol:) Slash, I'll agree with you there. Axl's performance is way more impressive to me because I know for a fact that no matter how good I get at singing I'll never be that good. I could probably fuck up the guitars like Slash in less than a year if I set my mind to it though.

Oh totally. I believe in you when it comes to fucking up like a junkie.

Slash is not a technical guitar player, I just meant now he is more accurate and just as fast as he was in his prime and he learned a few new tricks too. Rusty he is not. Just uninspired and unmotivated to create something truly great and fresh.

What Slash can do with his guitar when he's on fire is just as impressive to me as a great Axl performance. In old Guns Slash made his guitar sing and make all sorts of cool sounds like only he could.

Edited by Rovim